Guilt Trip

Old Apr 15th 2012, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Guilt Trip

Originally Posted by HeatherGirl
But having said that, my dad is in his 70s - I think this is the problem. They're worried they won't be fit for the journey.
hi HeatherGirl,
They could always come over on a cruise and take it real easy.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesnye
hi HeatherGirl,
They could always come over on a cruise and take it real easy.

My husband and I are well into are 70's sorry to say but have made the trip 5 times so far. As for the guilt trip as much as I loved my Mother she always made me feel guilty even when going on holiday because quote "she always wanted to go there".

Anyway I vowed never to make my children feel like I did so my only daughter and family made the move to NZ. After all its their life and they should live it as they feel fit. You are only here once so make the most of it no matter what.

June
Old Apr 15th 2012, 11:48 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
To be blunt stuff her. It is your life, your choice..she needs to build a bridge and get over it (as they say here!).
I am as one with Genesis, I would be proud to raise children who feel able to spread their wings and move wherever they wish (we have one in the UK so speak from experience). Wouldn't stop us missing them (we do), nor them missing us (she does), but to run your life on avoiding such stuff is just hugely limiting.

So no, I don't find it "reasonable" to demand that all my children stay within a radius I find acceptable....