Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Guess The Weight of my Dogs!!

Guess The Weight of my Dogs!!

Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:08 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Guess The Weight of my Dogs!!

I have to weigh my 2 dogs to get an accurate quote - this is nearly impossible without finding a public weighbridge ... just for fun ... help guess their weight!

Stanley - 4 year old Doberman (with tail), in very good condition, wonderful temperment, slight penchant for sheep & car seatbelts. Suspected homosexual tendancies.

Misty - 2 year old bitch (and boy is she a bitch!), again very good condition, tail has been docked. Does not fancy Stan, which is a shame as currently on heat!

Danny F, you think you've got problems with Dennis the cat? I've had a very rough quote from one shipper of between £4,000 - £7,000! As my husband said F@*k Off!!
Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guess The Weight of my Dogs!!

Get Stan a 'partner' and he might lose a few pounds! - I'd guess 7.5 stone.

Lucky Misty doesn't fancy Stan or her weight might go up in a couple of months - 6.5 stone...
Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Get Stan a 'partner' and he might lose a few pounds! - I'd guess 7.5 stone.

Lucky Misty doesn't fancy Stan or her weight might go up in a couple of months - 6.5 stone...
I don't think they're that much - I hope not! Am thinking full MOT at vets, they have to be micro-chipped anyway, buy treadmill & pink fluffy dog jackets - try to pass them off as Yorkshire Terriers?!
Old Aug 16th 2006, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

We had a Rottie once who wasn't that big but was eight stone. Our Jack Russell cross (crossed with a Paterdale) looks a bit like a Doberman and thinks he is too, glad he only weighs 20 lb or so..
Old Aug 16th 2006, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I have to weigh my 2 dogs to get an accurate quote - this is nearly impossible without finding a public weighbridge ... just for fun ... help guess their weight!

Stanley - 4 year old Doberman (with tail), in very good condition, wonderful temperment, slight penchant for sheep & car seatbelts. Suspected homosexual tendancies.

Misty - 2 year old bitch (and boy is she a bitch!), again very good condition, tail has been docked. Does not fancy Stan, which is a shame as currently on heat!

Danny F, you think you've got problems with Dennis the cat? I've had a very rough quote from one shipper of between £4,000 - £7,000! As my husband said F@*k Off!!
Ok, I reckon Stan will be about 21-22 Ib, but what make is Misty?
Old Aug 17th 2006, 5:23 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Stanley would fancy my dog - he has way more than slight homosexual leanings!!
Mine is slim lab size and is 23kg - does that help at all?
Old Aug 17th 2006, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Presuming Misty is also a Doberman and knowing that my slim-line german shepherd is 38kg, would guess 65kg for Stanley and Misty combined? Had forgotten about stones.... pounds or kilos in NZ.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Well I only know my springer spaniel is 23kg so I guess your dogs would be 30-40kg.
Go to your local vet to weigh them. Our vets has s'tand on' scales for dogs and its free.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

My ward manager's a dog,and she's about 120 kgs,so I'd guess about 60kgs!!
Tell your hubby that we can put the dog and cat in the same gag and have a joint service.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

caitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nice
Question Re: Guess The Weight of my Dogs!!

Hey, Thai is a Boxer Bitch. 4 yrs old in good nick and average size for her breed and weighs in at 26kg (she has lesbian tendancies - don't know if it makes any difference..) Anyway - your vet will have a large stand-on scale for the dog and it is easy as pie.

Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
Presuming Misty is also a Doberman and knowing that my slim-line german shepherd is 38kg, would guess 65kg for Stanley and Misty combined? Had forgotten about stones.... pounds or kilos in NZ.
I walked into a greengrocer's and said, I want five pounds of potatoes please. And the greengrocer says, we only sell kilos. So I said, alright then, I'll have five pounds of kilos.

I know, should be on the jokes thread, but it seemed apt
Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by StevieB
I walked into a greengrocer's and said, I want five pounds of potatoes please. And the greengrocer says, we only sell kilos. So I said, alright then, I'll have five pounds of kilos.

I know, should be on the jokes thread, but it seemed apt
Ho, ho, ho!! They're booked in to vets Monday for weight watchers weigh in & micro-chipping - anyone know how much that costs, I forgot to ask! Had rough quote of £4-7k!! Oh joy!
Old Aug 17th 2006, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by StevieB
Ok, I reckon Stan will be about 21-22 Ib, but what make is Misty?
Both Dobermans and absolutely gorgeous with it. If completely soppy, scared of the wind and a complete waste of space - at least they look the part of a proper dog!
Old Aug 18th 2006, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Ah what a sweet thread. The way we weigh our dog is my husband stands on the scales on his own and then he stand on holding her and calculates the difference....notice I dont say I stand on the scales...its rude to ask a girl her age or her weight!
Old Aug 18th 2006, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Ah what a sweet thread. The way we weigh our dog is my husband stands on the scales on his own and then he stand on holding her and calculates the difference....notice I dont say I stand on the scales...its rude to ask a girl her age or her weight!
My dad always did it that way too with their dog.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.