Groceries

Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:04 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Groceries

Originally Posted by sarahw
For those that miss Marrowfat peas - I saw a can of them yesterday in Foodtown in central Auckland, together with some wholewheat pasta that livewire was looking for.

There's British food shop in Brown's Bay Auckland and they have Bird's custard - can't remember if they have the Devon tinned one though. I was too distracted by Jaffa Cakes!!!
Mmmmmm Jaffa cakes....
Old Apr 30th 2006, 7:45 am
livewire

Thanks for the pasta info people - will check it out

Old May 1st 2006, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

You can get PG Tips... but I've been told by those that drink it (I'm a coffee person myself) that it's a different blend to the UK version.
Old May 1st 2006, 2:33 am
livewire

The Dilmah tea is pretty good though, as good as the pyramid bags we used to have back in the Uk.

Best place for coffee we've found is Altura (www.alturacoffee.co.nz) over in Albany. They roast a wide range of single origin and blended arabica beans. Their coffees are fresh and therefore don't take on the bitterness that beans develop as they age. Buy the beans and grind them as you need them to get the best flavour, but they will grind them for you if you wish.

I like the sweeter South American and Asian beans for everyday drinking and the more acidic African varieties for after dinner use so we buy two or three different types when we visit and often stop and have brunch in their cafe too.

Old May 1st 2006, 3:51 am
Just Joined

Amanger is an unknown quantity at this point

My next door neighbour runs the UK foods shops in Orewa, Browns Bay, Pakuranga and Christchurch. I think you can get just about any groceries you want from there and by the way just to let everyone know.....

She is just about to open a UK fish and chip shop in Browns Bay complete with proper chips, mushy peas, curry sauce, gravy...every thing ones heart desires on the fish and chips front.

She should open the place very soon....
Old May 1st 2006, 8:39 am
livewire

Wow, business is booming! I'd also heard that the shop in BB was going to relocate to opposite the New World supermarket.

Hope the new F&C shop does well, and that the prices aren't quite as steep as those in the food shop

Old May 1st 2006, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Delsonk9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amanger
My next door neighbour runs the UK foods shops in Orewa, Browns Bay, Pakuranga and Christchurch. I think you can get just about any groceries you want from there and by the way just to let everyone know.....

She is just about to open a UK fish and chip shop in Browns Bay complete with proper chips, mushy peas, curry sauce, gravy...every thing ones heart desires on the fish and chips front.

She should open the place very soon....
Hi i hope they will be doing proper elephant leg kebabs and chilli sauce
Old May 1st 2006, 8:28 pm
Devonport Duffers

Bodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant future

When I lived in Muncih, germany, I always missed Twiglets - yum!!!