Great pubs

Old Feb 25th 2005, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Aran78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Great pubs

Hi there,
Advice needed, my boyfriend and I are coming, (along with the rest of the population of the UK and Ireland) to New Zealand in June to watch the Lions tour. We haven’t got a chance of getting tickets for the games so we would like to watch them in a pub in Auckland. Does any one having any good suggestions?

Also if you have any suggestions of great things to do in NZ in between games. That’s be greatly appreciated as well

Thanks
Old Feb 25th 2005, 7:33 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great pubs

Originally Posted by Aran78
Hi there,
Advice needed, my boyfriend and I are coming, (along with the rest of the population of the UK and Ireland) to New Zealand in June to watch the Lions tour. We haven’t got a chance of getting tickets for the games so we would like to watch them in a pub in Auckland. Does any one having any good suggestions?

Also if you have any suggestions of great things to do in NZ in between games. That’s be greatly appreciated as well

Thanks
would seem a shame not to try to be in the right town for each game. The local atmosphere will be phenomenal, but accommodation will be the issue.

I'm sure those around Auckland can advise on pubs and short trips out of there. Bay of Islands/Hokianga, Coromandel, Gulf Islands, Rotorua all spring to mind.
Old Feb 25th 2005, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice

Originally Posted by southerner
would seem a shame not to try to be in the right town for each game. The local atmosphere will be phenomenal, but accommodation will be the issue.

I'm sure those around Auckland can advise on pubs and short trips out of there. Bay of Islands/Hokianga, Coromandel, Gulf Islands, Rotorua all spring to mind.
Try GPK's near to eden park - had a few drinks there before the AB's v England last year. Loads of people and a great atmosphere.

There's also plenty of pubs/bars at the Viaduct area.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 5:35 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Thanks
To travel all that way and not get to see a couple of the games live at the stadiums would be a bit disapointing. I'd recommend you try several travel agents. I am sure there must be a supporters tour type thing happening, even if you don't chose the accomodation package or excursions included (think they are optional anyway).

As far as finding other things to do in each of the cities you visit, each should have a local tourist information outlet. Try asking at some of the better hotels or backpackers there also.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 5:40 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Thanks
Okay, just found a website that might be of help to you to get tickets to the games. You owe me Karma points bigtime

http://www.allblacks.co.nz/index.cfm...t=lionsTickets