Reload this Page >

Good IT recruitment agencies in NZ

Good IT recruitment agencies in NZ

Old Apr 25th 2013, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

toby998 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good IT recruitment agencies in NZ

Hi All,

I am currently in the UK and i'm starting to look for permanent work in Wellington NZ, I am a web designer/developer and I am looking for good reliable IT recruitment agencies to contact to establish communications before I travel over there in the next few months.

Anyone know of any or have any experiences with any?

Cheers
Old Apr 25th 2013, 8:31 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good IT recruitment agencies in NZ

when hubby was looking couldn't find any dedicated ones and the employment agemcies he spoke to from the UK where rubbish. and since he has been here and is a CTO his instructions for hiring is to use Seek. So I would say just use Seek and Trademe
Old Apr 25th 2013, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

toby998 is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers for that much appreciated, I have been looking on Trademe and Seek and found some possible jobs. I am aware that it's much easier to get one once I am over there but I would like to establish some sort of communication with a recruiter first. It's just hard to find a good one.
Old Apr 26th 2013, 7:22 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toby998
It's just hard to find a good one.
that's because there isn't any. Hubby dealt with some, even telling him they had put him forward only to find out a few days later the person he was dealing with had left and had never put him forward. They have to tell you the name of the Company and ask permission to send through your CV apparently and we were not aware of that and it didn't happen. That was with 2 different companies whilst he was still in the UK. He did have a Skype interview with one agent but they still told him to pop in once he was over
Old Apr 27th 2013, 10:50 pm
JPA
Forum Regular

JPA is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Wellington and have been for around 5 weeks searching the IT job market. I have done a whole bunch of applications direct to various organisations as well as working with 10 different agencies.

Direct applications have returned only 1 phone interview so far. The recruitment agencies have returned 3 interviews, plus I made contact with a recruiter at a company via a friend which got me through to second interview for another job.

I found that out of the 10 recruiters 3 have worked well for me (Beyond, RecruitIT & TalentPoint), although I have good relationships with some of the other recruiters (AbsolutIT). Some of the other recruitment companies were simply crap.

I have also taken to asking the recruiters to approach companies on my behalf. So if I see a job I like, rather than apply direct, I find which recruiter knows the company well and get them to represent. In this way I found I can get beyond the common knock back simply based off my visa status and the fact that I need an offer before I can actually get a work visa.

If you use multiple agencies - this is ok but just keep records so you know who is talking to who on your behalf. Its important to avoid having 2 recruiters approach for the same role on your behalf. This annoys hiring managers. Also, chase them up. I find that they much prefer to talk on the phone rather than email.

If you apply to a company direct, always follow up your application by calling and asking to speak with the recruiter. I also call before I apply if I can get through. This allows you to talk with them and explain your visa status etc.

Things take time over here so be prepared to hang out. It is also highly unlikely that you will get any interviews before you arrive.

Good luck and give me a shout if you want to ask any more questions.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 4:06 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

KellyIT services are the only ones i'd recommend

But seriously, i'd just search through all the current vacancies of the accredited employers listed in New Zealand. Takes a while but you've got a better chance of finding employment
Old Apr 28th 2013, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

I have a good contact for a wellington IT agent. PM me more about what your looking for and will try to help. Visa status ect.
Kaz