A good post

Old Jan 11th 2012, 7:24 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A good post

just wanted to share my experience.

While in Wellingtn city for the day parked our car and when i gave the camera case to my husband the camera was not in the case, he gave me a hard time as usual lol saying i left it at home but i swore i put it in the case, so we hunted around the car for it but to no avail.

anyway so off we went around Wellington for the day looked around shops, eat and drank, love Wellington btw sure ive mentioned it before

anyway 5 hours later got back to the car and someone hung a carrier bag on our wing mirror wth the camera inside in a major city?

dont think that would happen in a major city in the uk would it?

im not saying no trouble happens here but it was refreshing
Old Jan 11th 2012, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice
Default Re: A good post

You'd be surprised but I have friends in Manchester who have forgotten their handbags when going to public loos, lost mobile phones (very nice smartphone too) and nice honest people found them, then returned them to my friends.
It's good to know there are still lots of decent folk about
Old Jan 11th 2012, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Trish M
You'd be surprised but I have friends in Manchester who have forgotten their handbags when going to public loos, lost mobile phones (very nice smartphone too) and nice honest people found them, then returned them to my friends.
It's good to know there are still lots of decent folk about
ive also left my purse in a cafe and went back and it was handed in and my daughter left her mobile phone on a bench at school a good one! and it was handed in, also left my car unlocked a few times as i forgot and its still been there where i left it and parcels left outisde my house allday with no one stealing them and yes i fnd it surprising
Old Jan 11th 2012, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

My parents arrived in NZ from the UK just before Christmas. One day my Mum came storming back in the house as someone (the postman) had "dared" to leave a delivery of 6 bottles of wine and 2 parcels from the UK in the postbox/front garden. Quite normal I assured her (well, they'd ordered the wine not me). It just wouldn't happen where they live in the UK.

I remember just after we arrived in NZ locking the car on a front drive of some kiwi friends "you can tell you're poms" was the response I got!
Old Jan 11th 2012, 8:35 am
Banned

Triumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud ofTriumph3 has much to be proud of

Here we go again, "NZ is better then the whole of the UK because we can leave wine in the garden"!

Strange what perceptions we have.

When house hunting in NZ (a sleepy town between Wellington and Palmerston North), after asking about crime in the area, the estate agent (an Australian) told me he'd been burgled the month before and that was the 3rd time in 5 years. Not only did he lose a sale but it was one of the things that put me off NZ!

But if it's purely down to the fact that they don't lock their doors then maybe they only have themselves to blame and my perception was wrong.

Owned houses in the UK for around 15 years and never been burgled (never had an alarm/dog either). Packages are left on my doorstep all the time, no problems.

It's not a country vs country thing, more an area vs area.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice

I agree there, there's good & bad everywhere.

I never find parcels outside my door - they would definitely get pinched. But I've had parcels left around the back of house, put through the cat flap in the back door and even left in my bottle recycling bin!
Old Jan 11th 2012, 11:36 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree there, there's good & bad everywhere.

I never find parcels outside my door - they would definitely get pinched. But I've had parcels left around the back of house, put through the cat flap in the back door and even left in my bottle recycling bin!
You wouldn't find the pinched parcels outside your door would you.....
Old Jan 11th 2012, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stormer999
You wouldn't find the pinched parcels outside your door would you.....
Good spot, I should have said they're never left outside the door!
Old Jan 11th 2012, 12:07 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Good spot, I should have said they're never left outside the door!
Funnily enough if the parcel isn't recorded in any way the postie will happily leave them on doorsteps the customer will find them it they are still there but will be none the wiser if they are pinched
Old Jan 11th 2012, 10:57 pm

Look at the post again!!!! I said a major city in the uk not the whole of the UK!!!!! Before you get on your high horse.

And sleepy nice town in-between Palmy and Wellington don't know of one that people would choose to live.

Originally Posted by Triumph3
Here we go again, "NZ is better then the whole of the UK because we can leave wine in the garden"!

Strange what perceptions we have.

When house hunting in NZ (a sleepy town between Wellington and Palmerston North), after asking about crime in the area, the estate agent (an Australian) told me he'd been burgled the month before and that was the 3rd time in 5 years. Not only did he lose a sale but it was one of the things that put me off NZ!

But if it's purely down to the fact that they don't lock their doors then maybe they only have themselves to blame and my perception was wrong.

Owned houses in the UK for around 15 years and never been burgled (never had an alarm/dog either). Packages are left on my doorstep all the time, no problems.

It's not a country vs country thing, more an area vs area.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 5:43 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by love30stm
just wanted to share my experience.
While in Wellingtn city for the day parked our car and when i gave the camera case to my husband the camera was not in the case, he gave me a hard time as usual lol saying i left it at home but i swore i put it in the case, so we hunted around the car for it but to no avail.
anyway so off we went around Wellington for the day looked around shops, eat and drank, love Wellington btw sure ive mentioned it before
anyway 5 hours later got back to the car and someone hung a carrier bag on our wing mirror wth the camera inside in a major city?
dont think that would happen in a major city in the uk would it?
im not saying no trouble happens here but it was refreshing
That's just so nice to read & if you don't mind my saying so what a great post to think to share with others.

Originally Posted by Mosco
One day my Mum came storming back in the house as someone (the postman) had "dared" to leave a delivery of 6 bottles of wine and 2 parcels from the UK in the postbox/front garden.
Where do you live

Postman used to leave stuff for my lovely old Dad in the greenhouse coz some of it wouldn't go in the letterbox and then pop a postcard through the letterbox for him. In all the years there was never any problem with the parcels.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=love30stm;9836604]Look at the post again!!!! I said a major city in the uk not the whole of the UK!!!!! Before you get on your high horse. QUOTE]

Exactly, as I said in my post my parents who are over from the UK were horrified that parcels had been left in the front garden as it doesn't happen: quote "where they live in the UK".
Old Jan 13th 2012, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS
That's just so nice to read & if you don't mind my saying so what a great post to think to share with others.

Where do you live

Postman used to leave stuff for my lovely old Dad in the greenhouse coz some of it wouldn't go in the letterbox and then pop a postcard through the letterbox for him. In all the years there was never any problem with the parcels.
yes its nice but some negaive comments on a nice post as usual i see and no comeback
Old Jan 13th 2012, 7:23 pm

[QUOTE=MOSO;9839617]
Look at the post again!!!! I said a major city in the uk not the whole of the UK!!!!! Before you get on your high horse. QUOTE]

Exactly, as I said in my post my parents who are over from the UK were horrified that parcels had been left in the front garden as it doesn't happen: quote "where they live in the UK".
glad you read my post properly and dont jump down my throat like some peeps on here,

of course shit happens here too but not so much as the population is smaller of course, I Live in a good area in Wanganui so no parcels pinched from my front door

Old Jan 14th 2012, 1:27 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

yes its nice but some negative comments on a nice post as usual I see
That's people for you . I hope eternally for world harmony but it never happens.

and no comeback
Oo. I think you all can look after yourselves on this one without my going into bish bosh, kibosh mode. We all know that sh!te happens everywhere. What's good about your post is that it's summat nice . It doesn't matter where in the world it happened. It just makes it, as you say, refreshing .