Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

going home at last!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

going home at last!!!!!!!

Old May 1st 2007, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: going home at last!!!!!!!

Well, we're just in Papakowhai so if you fancy a coffee sometime and a chat drop me a PM. A weekend husband doesn't sound too bad sometimes
Old May 1st 2007, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by to return or not
Hi Wimsy and others...,

Just joined today and was instantly attracted to your thread...

We too are thinking to pack our things and return to the UK... We have been here for almost 3 yrs and I have to agree that missing family is terrible...!! Same as you Wimsy, I didn't think that I could be this homesick... It's horrible... Perhaps it is because of my 2 boys (3 yrs n 5 mnths) and no family around...

But eventhough I agree that everywhere (incl. NZ) has its negs and pos, but you can't beat family... right?

However, this is not our reason for wanting to leave NZ... Our reasons are more in the likes of low wages, expensive living, non-existence of proper houses (we've lived in almost any type) that are well insulated, properly heated and not to mention the novelty 'double glazing'?...

Big question now is... where oh where in the UK should we go?
i know a lovely place you can live. But I won't tell everyone so pm me if you want to know!
We were a year in Christchurch (DH is actually a Kiwi though) came back to the UK nearly 2 years ago and have not regretted it for one second.
Old May 1st 2007, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

to return or not will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lexylou
i know a lovely place you can live. But I won't tell everyone so pm me if you want to know!
We were a year in Christchurch (DH is actually a Kiwi though) came back to the UK nearly 2 years ago and have not regretted it for one second.
Thanks Lexy! Will do as soon as I find out what and how a pm is...
Old May 2nd 2007, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wimsy
We came to NZ over a year ago and now we are returning home.
My name is Shelly and my OH is darryl, 2 sprogs ages 5 and 10!
NZ is a nice place for a holiday but thats it.
Dont come over here thinking people dont care about how you dress,what you drive HAHA! WRONG!!! Just like everywhere people will always try to keep up with the jonses.
CRIME is here and tagging is everywhere (In christchurch anyway) Teenagers are just the same and dress the same (hoodies)and the teenager pregnancy is high too. Kids driving powerful cars ends up in disaster, in the first month we saw about 5 accidents, the driving is bad!!!
Come over here with your eyes wide open and your glasses OFF!!!
We honestly came over thinking it would be nice and safe, nice people, not too busy, cheap enough houses, affordable cars....wrong!!!!!
Yeah sure some kiwis are nice but so are some british, same everwhere!!!!!!
kiwis think "us british" are rich as soon as we get here and maybe for that reason dont like us too much. We have lived in our house for 9 months, we dont even know who our neighbours are, who cares?????
we are going home to be back with our family and friends, missing family is VERY HARD!!! I didnt think I would be that bad but WOW it is hard!!!!!

I wish you all well, do your research NZ has its bad points too, the UK isnt that bad ya know!!!!!!!
Its such a hard decission to make, especially after all the expense and the endless jumping through hoops held up by NZIS lackies.

Good luck to you and your family for the future. You WILL see the UK in a new light once you are back and it WILL make you question why you ever left in the first place.

Burt
Old May 2nd 2007, 11:39 am
Banned

AlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lenmil
Looks like i will have to try OZ.
My ex landlady knew a jeweler in Brisbane and she helped a mexican find a job. Send me a pm with a letter and I will forward it on to her it you want.