A GLASS OF WINE

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute
Default A GLASS OF WINE

To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine.. . and those who don't.

As Ben Franklin said: 'In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.'

In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 litre of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poo.

However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember: Water = Poo,
Wine = Health .

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of shit.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:23 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A GLASS OF WINE

Originally Posted by malcoltom
To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine.. . and those who don't.

As Ben Franklin said: 'In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.'

In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 litre of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poo.

However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember: Water = Poo,
Wine = Health .

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of shit.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

ha ha nice one, will enjoy my wine even more
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:30 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: A GLASS OF WINE

Except wine isn't distilled or filtered much, in fact neither is beer.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 2:00 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
ah but with wine there is no need to import the delightful waters of the Tyne, Trent or Waikato.........
All that magnesium sulphate in the Burton water - used to earn me the nickname "Bass Ass" in the lab.........

Twas affronted as it was not Bass that I had been inbibing - it was far more potent on the rip front.........
Old Apr 24th 2009, 2:04 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Pedigree ........ now I wish I could get that over here - wait, someone will no doubt tell us where........
Old Apr 24th 2009, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Trust you to rain on my parade.
Its distilled or filtered when it comes out(after drinking it)
Old Apr 24th 2009, 8:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
Pedigree ........ now I wish I could get that over here - wait, someone will no doubt tell us where........
If you find out let me know
Old Apr 25th 2009, 12:19 am
you dewty owld maan!

Trust you to rain on my parade.
Its distilled or filtered when it comes out(after drinking it)
rubs his old brow and thinks back into the mists of time past the alcohol-induced amnesia.... "J.S. Hough" is my friend, although rather dusty.....and moulding in the NZ library at Chez Lardy.....

beer is clarified quite a bit........and filtered too before you "pass it" "against the wall".......that latter part is post-fermentation of course

the grains left behind are sent for animal feed and
the yeast left overs are used by our scottish friends for making whisky as well as being used in making choclates.....

they all have to be extracted one way or another .... "lauter tun" "mash filter" or "mash tun" should help in google.......for the grains.....

BTW if you ladies knew where some of the lanolin alternatives in cosmetics came from you'd be amazed and we men would never kiss you again.......
For a pint I can tell you all about it - it does involve dead animals........
Old Apr 25th 2009, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.beerstore.co.nz/detail.lasso?BeerID=1314
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:49 am
you dewty owld maan!

thanks for that - some Karma from the Gaellic hordes too no doubt!
Tasting Notes
Pours a hazy-amber colour with a light head. The nose is biscuity, with some light floral hops. The taste is a classic, very smooth British style, with floral gentle hops up front. It is very dry, creamy and crisp, with slight woody notes on the finish. Extremely drinkable.
lardy note:
it makes you f@rt like a trooper...............take cover MrsL
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:57 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
If you find out let me know
During the winter a spot of Hobgoblin is a nice pick-me-up:

http://www.beerstore.co.nz/detail.lasso?BeerID=1453

Mmm......fancy splitting a pack?

Anyway at risk of starting WWIII I wonder why their most popular beers are over-populated by stuff from the USA? All the top ten are Kiwi or Yank beers........maybe the ex-Pat Yanks are the only ones who can afford the prices......
Old Apr 25th 2009, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Theres a new quest for you Ian.
Make some home brew and hold some ex pats parties!

Old Apr 26th 2009, 10:17 am
you dewty owld maan!

Theres a new quest for you Ian.
Make some home brew and hold some ex pats parties!

hehe - actually I made "a comment" about a former England captain to the wrong person on the social at a second interview with a certain brewery and any career there was dead in the, erm....keg.....or mash tun......

"kickin ash" is more glamarous but "can" be less rewarding, certainly on the fringe benefits front than beermaking........

mmm.....you've got me thinking about all the spare space here and in my lockup!
Old Apr 26th 2009, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

During the winter a spot of Hobgoblin is a nice pick-me-up:

http://www.beerstore.co.nz/detail.lasso?BeerID=1453

Mmm......fancy splitting a pack?

Tempted but then we would have to meet & then I would have to kill you
Old Apr 27th 2009, 2:38 am
Just Joined

MissusMo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by love30stm
ha ha nice one, will enjoy my wine even more
Hi Malcoltom.....

I just read out this post to my hubby in the other room. He's still laughing, which is a nuisance, because he's spilling his wine...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.