Gizza Job!!

Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:55 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gizza Job!!

We need help!!

We already know we don't have enough points and need job offers.

Mark's been in touch with a couple of recruitment companies in Cch and Bay of Plenty and we're coming over to NZ in March, hopefully for interviews. All has gone quiet on that front at the moment I'm hoping that's because they're all busy lining up interviews and any day now we'll get a shed load of emails with details of what they've come up with!!

But I just thought it might be worth asking on here if anyone knows of anything or needs our services, so to speak...

Mark is a Senior Site Manager (residential and commercial) loads of experience, can shout a lot, gets job done, loads of Health and Safety expertise. Has NVQ 4 in Construction Site Management. And I'm a qualified Medical Secretary (Diploma).

Please let us know if you have any information that may lead to us living r dream!! If not, send us a joke or sumat to cheer us up

Cheers
Mandie & Mark
Old Feb 7th 2007, 2:05 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gizza Job!!

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
We need help!!

We already know we don't have enough points and need job offers.

Mark's been in touch with a couple of recruitment companies in Cch and Bay of Plenty and we're coming over to NZ in March, hopefully for interviews. All has gone quiet on that front at the moment I'm hoping that's because they're all busy lining up interviews and any day now we'll get a shed load of emails with details of what they've come up with!!

But I just thought it might be worth asking on here if anyone knows of anything or needs our services, so to speak...

Mark is a Senior Site Manager (residential and commercial) loads of experience, can shout a lot, gets job done, loads of Health and Safety expertise. Has NVQ 4 in Construction Site Management. And I'm a qualified Medical Secretary (Diploma).

Please let us know if you have any information that may lead to us living r dream!! If not, send us a joke or sumat to cheer us up

Cheers
Mandie & Mark
Hiya Mandie & Mark

My OH is a Site Manager too. We're just waiting to see if we are gonna get little blue stickers in our passports & then we're off to South Island (fingers crossed)

We are going out on a Residency Visa, we submitted our EOI on 18th December & got pulled out on the 19th! Received our ITA 28th December & submitted that 18th January.

Kev has a job offer from an accredited employer and we used a construction recruitment agency in Auckland who got him 15 interviews in 2 weeks , from which he got 4 job offers.

We found the NZ Expo at Earls Court very helpful. There's another on at the end of March.

Sometimes there are adverts in the Construction News too

HTH
Sarah
Old Feb 7th 2007, 4:02 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Hiya Mandie & Mark

My OH is a Site Manager too. We're just waiting to see if we are gonna get little blue stickers in our passports & then we're off to South Island (fingers crossed)

We are going out on a Residency Visa, we submitted our EOI on 18th December & got pulled out on the 19th! Received our ITA 28th December & submitted that 18th January.

Kev has a job offer from an accredited employer and we used a construction recruitment agency in Auckland who got him 15 interviews in 2 weeks , from which he got 4 job offers.

We found the NZ Expo at Earls Court very helpful. There's another on at the end of March.

Sometimes there are adverts in the Construction News too

HTH
Sarah

I am soooo jealous!!! We went to the Manchester Expo last Sept. We're paid up with E-migration and they've put a couple of recruitment agencies onto Mark but its all just gone quiet. Having never been to NZ we can't make our minds up between North and South islands anyway - we're just gona settle for wherever Mark gets work initially and rent.

Did Kev have the job offer before you put in the EOI? Or did you have enough points anyway to do that? Did he have to go over for interviews, or were they telephone/webcam interviews? Would you be willing to give us the agent details you used in Auckland please?

Gee, that's a lot of asks, sorry!
I hate this limbo bit. It's so unsettling and we can't plan anything!!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 4:38 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

I am soooo jealous!!! We went to the Manchester Expo last Sept. We're paid up with E-migration and they've put a couple of recruitment agencies onto Mark but its all just gone quiet. Having never been to NZ we can't make our minds up between North and South islands anyway - we're just gona settle for wherever Mark gets work initially and rent.

Did Kev have the job offer before you put in the EOI? Or did you have enough points anyway to do that? Did he have to go over for interviews, or were they telephone/webcam interviews? Would you be willing to give us the agent details you used in Auckland please?

Gee, that's a lot of asks, sorry!
I hate this limbo bit. It's so unsettling and we can't plan anything!!

Mandie

I'll send you a PM with the agency details.

In answer to your other questions. Yes!!!! we had the job offer before we put in the EOI and Yes!!! Kev went over for 2 weeks in November for interviews.

We had already been to NZ in 2005 as a family and got to see quite a lot of it, and did loads of research before we decided to go for it!!

If we can be of any help, then give us a shout

Sarah
Old Feb 7th 2007, 5:35 pm
TeamEmbo

Mandie

I'll send you a PM with the agency details.

In answer to your other questions. Yes!!!! we had the job offer before we put in the EOI and Yes!!! Kev went over for 2 weeks in November for interviews.

We had already been to NZ in 2005 as a family and got to see quite a lot of it, and did loads of research before we decided to go for it!!

If we can be of any help, then give us a shout

Sarah
Thanks Sarah, you're a Star

BTW, I got told off for saying Mark shouts a lot!! Meant to put, "communicates well with others at all levels".
Old Feb 7th 2007, 6:18 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Sarah, you're a Star

BTW, I got told off for saying Mark shouts a lot!! Meant to put, "communicates well with others at all levels".

Yeah mine does too!!!! Along the lines of, if you don't like it, there's the gate!!!!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:28 pm
TeamEmbo

Yeah mine does too!!!! Along the lines of, if you don't like it, there's the gate!!!!
Spookily familiar that!! Read your pm, thanks for info. Have mailed BBT Global. Already have contact at Hays and gave up with Canstaff. Emailed woman there called Jain, supposed to be construction bod and from England, didn't even get an acknowledgement mail back! And also have contact at Coverstaff.

How long will it be before you get to go over? Do you have somewhere lined up in South Island or you just gona hit the ground running?
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:36 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Spookily familiar that!! Read your pm, thanks for info. Have mailed BBT Global. Already have contact at Hays and gave up with Canstaff. Emailed woman there called Jain, supposed to be construction bod and from England, didn't even get an acknowledgement mail back! And also have contact at Coverstaff.

How long will it be before you get to go over? Do you have somewhere lined up in South Island or you just gona hit the ground running?
Hoping to be there within a month. job's been waiting since December, so been very patient.

Kev's new company is gonna put us up for the first few days, till we can sort a rental & then hoping to buy sooner rather than later.

Got 3 kids so rental looks like it's in short supply at the moment, kinda hoping that as the season ends, more becomes available. If not, my girls will be sharing a room
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:50 pm
TeamEmbo

Hoping to be there within a month. job's been waiting since December, so been very patient.

Kev's new company is gonna put us up for the first few days, till we can sort a rental & then hoping to buy sooner rather than later.

Got 3 kids so rental looks like it's in short supply at the moment, kinda hoping that as the season ends, more becomes available. If not, my girls will be sharing a room
That's great. Time'll fly and you'll soon be there!! Lucky things!!

Hopefully your girls will be too excited/jet lagged to care about sharing - if not, get an I-pod and plug into it, permanently!!

Thanks for your help. We hope all goes smoothly.
Mandie & Mark
Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Hi Mandie,
has Mark tried search4jobs.co.nz?
I just had a swift look and there seems like a few vacancies for site manager jobs across NZ. Also, not sure if you are interested in the Wellington area but Capital and Coast have some vacancies for "medical typists" which I'm asuming is the same as medical secretary - look on their website if you are interested.
Good luck
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:47 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnaf
Hi Mandie,
I just had a swift look and there seems like a few vacancies for site manager jobs across NZ. Also, not sure if you are interested in the Wellington area but Capital and Coast have some vacancies for "medical typists" which I'm asuming is the same as medical secretary - look on their website if you are interested.
Good luck
As another heads up for the Christchurch area, I've just got a job with Select Industrial here in Christchurch as a recruitment consultant. There seems to be loads of building works going on, and I will happily spend a few hours trying to drum up some interest in Mark's CV if he could e-mail it to me: [email protected]

Same goes for anyone else looking to come over - I'll try and help if I can, or pass you on to someone who maybe able to help.

No promises and all that, but if something comes from it then that'd be a real touch!

Cheers and good luck,

Wiz
Old Feb 8th 2007, 6:46 am
TeamEmbo

Originally Posted by donnaf
Hi Mandie,
Good luck
Thanks, I'll check those out.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 6:52 am
TeamEmbo

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
As another heads up for the Christchurch area, I've just got a job with Select Industrial here in Christchurch as a recruitment consultant. There seems to be loads of building works going on, and I will happily spend a few hours trying to drum up some interest in Mark's CV if he could e-mail it to me: [email protected]

Same goes for anyone else looking to come over - I'll try and help if I can, or pass you on to someone who maybe able to help.

No promises and all that, but if something comes from it then that'd be a real touch!

Cheers and good luck,

Wiz
Congratulations, are you liking it? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'll get Mark to email you tonight with his CV. We're coming over for a stop stay in March. Land 8am Christchurch 13 March, have a couple of days there and then up to Bay of Plenty on 15 or 16. We only have 7 or 8 days in total, it's all we could fit in with family and work commitments back here but we thought employers would see that we were serious if Mark was there in person for interviews.

Thanks for your help.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 7:11 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Congratulations, are you liking it? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'll get Mark to email you tonight with his CV. We're coming over for a stop stay in March. Land 8am Christchurch 13 March, have a couple of days there and then up to Bay of Plenty on 15 or 16. We only have 7 or 8 days in total, it's all we could fit in with family and work commitments back here but we thought employers would see that we were serious if Mark was there in person for interviews.

Thanks for your help.

Mandie

Is this where you want to settle??

Kev did Christchuch, (2) Wellington, (3) Palmerston North,(4) Tauranga,(3) Hamilton (1) & Auckland.(2).

Companies are set up very differently over in NZ. Lots of Site Managers have trade backgrounds, particularly chippies. Even National companies work very differently, with each region run as a separate business. Kev saw the same comapny 4 times in different regions!!!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:57 pm
TeamEmbo

Mandie

Is this where you want to settle??

Kev did Christchuch, (2) Wellington, (3) Palmerston North,(4) Tauranga,(3) Hamilton (1) & Auckland.(2).

Companies are set up very differently over in NZ. Lots of Site Managers have trade backgrounds, particularly chippies. Even National companies work very differently, with each region run as a separate business. Kev saw the same comapny 4 times in different regions!!!
We like the look of Christchurch and surrounding areas, Tauranga, Rotorua, (anywhere in Bay of Plenty!), Palmerston North, Marlborough but to be honest as long as its a good job for Mark and there's a good school for the kids we don't mind moutains or sea, rural or suburb. We only know we definitely don't want city centre living.

Mark has been a site manager for over 10 years doing new build, anything from 3 exclusive executive homes to site of 120 new build 3 to 6 bed homes, refurbs & commercial. Trade background plumbing. And he used to have his own business, renovations, extensions, alterations, landscape gardening. His very much a hands on manager. And his great at home repairs too - I only have to walk through the house with a hammer and a look of intent and the jobs done!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.