Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

gasfitting no longer on ISSL!!!!

gasfitting no longer on ISSL!!!!

Old Sep 8th 2010, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

tonz76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default gasfitting no longer on ISSL!!!!

hello just found out today that gasfitting has been taken off the issl. I have been trying emigrate to new zealand now for over 6months and was hoping to obtain a job offer so that i might get selected by the nz immigration board to emigrate as a skilled migrant. I also got my quals checked and was ok'd by the pgdb to obtain a temp license once i got a job. Well your application can only sit in the immigration application pool for 6months then you have to reapply. Now that its expired i thought i would be better off getting on a plane and see if i can get a job once i was in the country. Today i read they have removed it from the ISSL list so really wondering if there is any point wasting time and money doing it. Don't get me wrong I totally understand the process, employers having to prove that there isn't a kiwi to do the job and that its a big risk them offering me a job without seeing me. So just looking for some advise on whether i should try it and would i be able to apply for a work permit while there any advice greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 5:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: gasfitting no longer on ISSL!!!!

Yes. If you found a job and NZIS accepted the job, then you could go on to apply for a temporary work permit. I suspect you would get just a year so you would go straight on to applying for PR .

Perhaps blanket cover as many gas fitter employers as you can to see if any are interested in seeing you once you are here. Also accredited employers would still be free to offer you a job if they had a vacancy.