Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Gas/Electric bill - quick question to all those in NZ

Gas/Electric bill - quick question to all those in NZ

Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:35 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gas/Electric bill - quick question to all those in NZ

Our bill last month was estimated at $189. I checked the metre when the bill arrived and allowing for the time lag between the bill being issued and when it was recieved I reckoned we'd owe them for a few units. We've been really good over the last month cutting off lights and not using the dryer - not because of the money but with all the power saving propaganda going around - and our actual bill is $40 cheaper this month! I've had the (oil) heater on twice for an hour before we go to bed and we run a big dehumidifier 24/7 on automatic so I think that's not bad at all. We're with Genesis. Better point out that we've got no kids and we both work so nobody home during the day but we've got a woodburner and the house has been toasty - have had to let it go out this evening - it's far too hot!