Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Garden Lawns and Turf

Garden Lawns and Turf

Old Oct 22nd 2013, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Garden Lawns and Turf

Hi
Has anyone any experience of turf being laid or of rapid lawn hydroseeding, where they "spray on your new lawn".

Does anyone have any idea how much turf is?
Cheers
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 6:12 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Garden Lawns and Turf

Don't do it the bloody stuff grows 1" per day!
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 7:25 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

when we made our garden more child friendly we cleared an whole area and had it seeded. the thing with seeding is you do have to look after it very well for the first month until it is established, so watering couple of times a day then a cut, think it was 2 weeks later. the lawn is only as good as you look after it.

Can't really give you a cost for the 50m2 we had done as not sure if the $2100 covered the levelling, digger hire seeds and labour.
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies guys.

Grows an inch a day even in the winter !!!
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

kiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Thanks for the replies guys.

Grows an inch a day even in the winter !!!
Wish my hair would do that
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 5:53 pm

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwigeordie
Wish my hair would do that
It does as you get older.......but not the patch on your head...
Old Oct 22nd 2013, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

kiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond reputekiwigeordie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
It does as you get older.......but not the patch on your head...
I have to be careful shampooing these days as I can't afford to lose any more.
Reminds me of the old song 'I'm going to wash that hair right out of this man.' (Or something like that.)

Sorry, I've taken this thread off toupee - I mean topic.
Pete
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by kiwigeordie
I have to be careful shampooing these days as I can't afford to lose any more.
Reminds me of the old song 'I'm going to wash that hair right out of this man.' (Or something like that.)

Sorry, I've taken this thread off toupee - I mean topic.
Pete
Ha ha it used to be 'oh that rain's cold' in NZ it's 'oh that sun's hot' same solution where's me hat!