Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A game while we're waiting

A game while we're waiting

Old Oct 14th 2005, 9:03 am

ElizabethC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A game while we're waiting

Originally Posted by planty
Reckon the pronunciation probably got something to do with as well, I would have pronounced it Waypapa, you would probably say Whypapa, hence your clues.

I spotted this place whilst looking for Waipapa, top of the South Island, small place I think, but if I told my 6 year olds that we were going to visit this place they wouldn't stop laughing for a week, ( toilet humour ) sorry if I've offended anyone who lives there. There are several holiday parks in the area. It's next to a place with an equally funny name.
Can't stop laughing! Now I understand why Kawakawa relates to cow - it's all in the accent! Wai is pronounced why - at least in NZ. And Hau is how.

Nice to have Footloose with a new puzzle.
Old Oct 14th 2005, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElizabethC
Can't stop laughing! Now I understand why Kawakawa relates to cow - it's all in the accent! Wai is pronounced why - at least in NZ. And Hau is how.

Nice to have Footloose with a new puzzle.
lol, so how should Kawakawa sound with a NZ accent?
Old Oct 14th 2005, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Ok got one for you, starts with a T and reminds you of vomit?
KAZ
Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
Ok got one for you, starts with a T and reminds you of vomit?
KAZ
Is it Te Puke just south of Tauranga?
Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Is it Te Puke just south of Tauranga?
Damn obviously too easy, OK bit of a maori lesson for you. What is a sea monster in Maori?
KAZ
Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Damn obviously too easy, OK bit of a maori lesson for you. What is a sea monster in Maori?
KAZ
Are we still on places or objects now?

Found this.....

http://www.shopenzed.com/xurl/functi...nster-god.html
Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Come on you lot join in, Friday afternoon! Is it time for a glass of wine yet!
KAZ
Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Come on you lot join in, Friday afternoon! Is it time for a glass of wine yet!
KAZ
I'm in the middle of making dinner for the kids, no time for wine, later maybe I'll join you for a

could be this one if its places.....

Whakapapa

http://history-nz.org/maori4.html

Last edited by planty; Oct 14th 2005 at 3:34 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm in the middle of making dinner for the kids, no time for wine, later maybe I'll join you for a

could be this one if its places.....

Whakapapa

http://history-nz.org/maori4.html

Planty, you are just too clever it was indeed an object or animal if you want a Taniwha (pronounced tanifa). Well done you!
I should go and cook too, will join you for a glass of vino later.
KAZ
Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Planty, you are just too clever it was indeed an object or animal if you want a Taniwha (pronounced tanifa). Well done you!
I should go and cook too, will join you for a glass of vino later.
KAZ
sorry to disappoint you, not clever, just typed 'Maori sea monster' into search engine

But a drink later would be lovely
Old Oct 14th 2005, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

sorry to disappoint you, not clever, just typed 'Maori sea monster' into search engine

But a drink later would be lovely
Ok! now go and look up tummy or stomach in Maori, this will be something you need to know and you will hear!
KAZ
Old Oct 15th 2005, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok! now go and look up tummy or stomach in Maori, this will be something you need to know and you will hear!
KAZ
http://www.classysisters.co.nz/Maori-dictionary.html

Hi, I found 3 definitions here, would you be referring to your 'puku'
Old Oct 16th 2005, 3:32 pm
tickle my tadpoles

footloose is on a distinguished road

Nope, not the answer.

Clue 2.

CLOWNS RAIL
Old Oct 16th 2005, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by footloose
Nope, not the answer.

Clue 2.

CLOWNS RAIL
what do you mean not the answer, Yes Planty got it right PUKU!
KAZ
Old Oct 16th 2005, 5:44 pm
tickle my tadpoles

footloose is on a distinguished road

what do you mean not the answer, Yes Planty got it right PUKU!
KAZ

It was in reply to his guess of Cob Dam for my clue, hence I gavce a second clue. Sorry for any confusion.

Scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.