Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Gah! The shouty 'Easy Off Bam' man has made it to NZ!

Gah! The shouty 'Easy Off Bam' man has made it to NZ!

Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:04 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gah! The shouty 'Easy Off Bam' man has made it to NZ!

Help me someone - PLEASE!!!!

The perpetrator of the most annoying tv ads in the world ever, the SHOUTY MAN, has made it here from over the seas and far away promoting 'Easy Off BAM' - or 'Cillit BAM' as I knew it in the UK.

Every time I see the start of SHOUTY MAN's ads, or hear 'BAM - AND THE DIRT IS GONE!' I have to swiftly switch channels just to avoid the irresistable urge I get to KILL SOMEONE.

Gaaaaaaaaah.....

In the UK I just about coped cos the ads were every 15 minutes, but here they are every 5!!! What chance have I got - it's not 'if' I go postal, it's definately 'when'.

Curse you shouty man - curse you to hell!!!!!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:10 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gah! The shouty 'Easy Off Bam' man has made it to NZ!

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Help me someone - PLEASE!!!!

The perpetrator of the most annoying tv ads in the world ever, the SHOUTY MAN, has made it here from over the seas and far away promoting 'Easy Off BAM' - or 'Cillit BAM' as I knew it in the UK.

Every time I see the start of SHOUTY MAN's ads, or hear 'BAM - AND THE DIRT IS GONE!' I have to swiftly switch channels just to avoid the irresistable urge I get to KILL SOMEONE.

Gaaaaaaaaah.....

In the UK I just about coped cos the ads were every 15 minutes, but here they are every 5!!! What chance have I got - it's not 'if' I go postal, it's definately 'when'.

Curse you shouty man - curse you to hell!!!!!

OK Wiz, try this.....look carefully your TV...there should be a little button on it somewhere....the on/off button.....approach with caution......swiftly touch the button.......................ahh................th at's better isn't it?
I have to agree - awful isn't he?

Howver, to even it up a bit, I love the 'shrink-ray' advert for PSII or XBox and the wooden horse of Troy for some or other cough sweet.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Tell you what advert I hate!!! The one where the little girl says " mum if somebody sneezes you say Bless-You... what do you say if somebody coughs?"

Argghhhhh I hate it!! They've had that ruddy advert on for 2 years now.

I love watching the "shrink-ray" advert too.... cracked up first time I saw it!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:31 am

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
OK Wiz, try this.....look carefully your TV...there should be a little button on it somewhere....the on/off button.....approach with caution......swiftly touch the button.......................ahh................th at's better isn't it? :cool
BURN THE HERETIC!!!!!

This spreader of falsehood is suggesting that people turn off their TELEVISIONS! They are obviously insane and I suggest we set the moderators onto them right away.

Sheer lunacy! They'll be suggesting we all go outside 'for a bit of fresh air and excercise' soon - you watch.

Howver, to even it up a bit, I love the 'shrink-ray' advert for PSII or XBox and the wooden horse of Troy for some or other cough sweet. :thumbup
Oooh! Not seen it yet! <avidly begins channel surfing to catch a glimpse>
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:32 am

What a great thread to pop my 400 cherry on!

I rock!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:35 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

BURN THE HERETIC!!!!!

This spreader of falsehood is suggesting that people turn off their TELEVISIONS! They are obviously insane and I suggest we set the moderators onto them right away.

Sheer lunacy! They'll be suggesting we all go outside 'for a bit of fresh air and excercise' soon - you watch.

Oooh! Not seen it yet! <avidly begins channel surfing to catch a glimpse>
Dammned then redeemed in the same post - fantastic!
Cherry-popping karma for your 400th post
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Dammned then redeemed in the same post - fantastic!
Cherry-popping karma for your 400th post
I like the ad where the mother has a tantrum in the supermarket, and those ads for that drink where the lads are hitting each other over the head with spoons and the other ones for that product. Shows they don't work cos I can't remember what they are selling, but very funny.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

We got so fed up of him over here that we shipped over to you

But when we get over there (sometim in the future.....) you can ship him back here
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:43 pm
Memetchi

cypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to all

MySky. Press fast-forward, count to 9, press play, ads skipped. Or a PVR for FreeView I guess, but it might be a bit too early to buy one of those.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

Hubby's fav is the 'clever toys' ad. Gus with the ginger beer (try explaining that to the kids) and the phrase 'too dusty' is now popular!!
I like the 'grizzly' ad and know all the words to the song! Sometimes they're better than the programmes!!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Funny, I get the same urge with the smilely, smilely Briscoe's woman...
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:58 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate the Bam man too. So got to thinking, which other adverts annoy me. So here's my list (not exhaustive)

1. Bam man
2. Noel Leeming jumping female.
3. Fisher & Paykel's woman having probs emptying a front loader!
4. Hardy's tune
5. Guy who gets told to get chocolates & bubbles from old dears at bus-stop
6. Glad wrap woman who keeps wishing me "bitter living"
7. AMI smile ad
8. Burger King ads

I'll report on more when I've watched some more TV

In the interests of balance, here's a list:

1. Gus Telecom advert, I love the "gentle cycle honey" line
2. The BNZ piggies
3. The doughnut etc in the lift (no idea what it's advertising though)

I'm afraid I'm struggling with this list
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:04 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Can't stick the Novus ad 'Show us yer cracks'
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by AnnieNell
3. Fisher & Paykel's woman having probs emptying a front loader!
My GOD I'd forgotten about that one!!! WHAT A LOAD OF OLD BOLLOCKS! Give me a front loader anytime - I just don't get the point they are trying to make? And the name Fisher & Paykel to me sounds like Fishy & Pikey and as a result I have made a resolution not to touch them... not even with yours

Oh - and you are SO right about the monkey ad - that blonde bird of his in the satin dressing down thingy is RIGHT up my street <dribble> Just don't tell the wife, 'kay?
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:26 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Ads I like

The bloke at the party stopping his mate driving
The lads crashing into the bridge.

Both infomercials, but they get the message across really well.

Glad I can still get MotoGP, and don't have to watch Wimbledon. All I need now is the Rugby world cup to start.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.