Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Free phone calling

Free phone calling

Old Sep 18th 2006, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

brandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant future
Default Free phone calling

just thought i would share this with you. Could be handy, especially if you dont have broadband.
I know alot of people on here use skype, myself included and this is similar but basically you can use your normal phone. Type your number into the webpage and the number your calling, your phone rings, pick it up and it will be ringing the other person, free of course! and you can also ring mobiles in the states for free.

http://www.webcalldirect.com/en/index.php
Old Sep 18th 2006, 3:22 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free phone calling

Originally Posted by brandn
just thought i would share this with you. Could be handy, especially if you dont have broadband.
I know alot of people on here use skype, myself included and this is similar but basically you can use your normal phone. Type your number into the webpage and the number your calling, your phone rings, pick it up and it will be ringing the other person, free of course! and you can also ring mobiles in the states for free.

http://www.webcalldirect.com/en/index.php
Be careful it's not always free.

Read the small print:- "Registered members get a maximum of 300 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days. ........ If limit is exceeded the normal rates apply."

Also just read this on under their Fair Use policy:-
"Excessive Use - In the case of WebCallDirect free calls, there are restrictions on the maximum number of calls and the duration of the calls."

Last edited by Sue; Sep 18th 2006 at 3:27 pm. Reason: Added stuff
Old Sep 18th 2006, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

brandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sue
Be careful it's not always free. Read the small print:- "Registered members get a maximum of 300 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days. ........ If limit is exceeded the normal rates apply."
Behold the cynic! only joking,
4 hours is quite a lot for a week and the "normal rates" are listed and are very cheap" 0.8pence per min to uk for example, but you are right its 4 hours free a week. They may be better deals out there but ive not found one yet other than skype and thats only free to other skype users. still good though.

Last edited by brandn; Sep 18th 2006 at 3:32 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 3:31 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brandn
Behold the cynic! only joking,
4 hours is quite a lot for a week and the "normal rates" are listed and are very cheap" but you are right its 4 hours free a week.
Oh I agree. I just wanted to remind people to read the small print thats all. Forearmed is forwarned