Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Forum Get Together, what about Bay of Plenty???

Wikiposts

Forum Get Together, what about Bay of Plenty???

Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

PaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to all
Default Re: Forum Get Together, what about Bay of Plenty???

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Maaate, you weren't in the place to be!!!

Cool, we have a 4.5 year old girl too who is home with Hubby as she is the baby of the family and he's indulging her!! Also have 15, 12 and 8. We will definately organise another don't worry!

Hubby's ancient and in bed ... I'm 21.

I work in the Mount, if I PM you my number, call and we'll have coffee/wine if your timings right!

Originally from London, then Cornwall. Hubby originally from NZ, then Birmingham, then London and Cornwall when I put him right!
Carolyn and I are definitely up for another one of those drunken evenings!! We are off to the UK in October for 2 and a half weeks but should be around for most of the time apart from that.
If it's as good as the last one it would be a blast!

Paul
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:29 am
Just Joined

tallpaul2uk will become famous soon enoughtallpaul2uk will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: Forum Get Together, what about Bay of Plenty???

Hi Everyone,

I moved from the Uk to Taurnaga around 8 months ago. I think some drinks in Town to catch up with everyone would be good.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tallpaul2uk
Hi Everyone,

I moved from the Uk to Taurnaga around 8 months ago. I think some drinks in Town to catch up with everyone would be good.
We arrive in Tauranga 13th October and look forward to a meet up too!

We'll be job hunting, house hunting and generally open to all your months-years of experience in BOP!
see you all soon,
50 sleeps until we leave UK!
Helen
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

sammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Forum Get Together, what about Bay of Plenty???

Hiya that would be fab Loolah (is that your name?!) Where abouts are you in Papamoa? We are east, Off Golden Sands.

We have some mates here from Birmingham but always on the look out for more! Our daughter is 4.5 too so will probably start school at the same time, are you Papamoa Primary or Tahatai?

Cheers, looking forward to a coffee (no wine for me as baking baby number 3!)

Sam

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Maaate, you weren't in the place to be!!!

Cool, we have a 4.5 year old girl too who is home with Hubby as she is the baby of the family and he's indulging her!! Also have 15, 12 and 8. We will definately organise another don't worry!

Hubby's ancient and in bed ... I'm 21.

I work in the Mount, if I PM you my number, call and we'll have coffee/wine if your timings right!

Originally from London, then Cornwall. Hubby originally from NZ, then Birmingham, then London and Cornwall when I put him right!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

krissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Isabel&David
Hi everyone,

me and Dave have lived here for 10 months now and have not made many friends yet! We are starting to feel a bit lonely.....anyone wants to meet up???? We live in Mount Maunganui but will move to Papamoa in a few weeks.

Cheers
Dave & Isabel
OH YEH!!!!!!! we been here 2yrs now but dont seem to get out much!!! a night out in Tauranga sounds just wot we need!!! make new friends b4 xmas ......thas the worst part of yr i think ! im havin a kiwi "Ann Summers" party at mine in a few weeks if anyone interested!! what better way to meet new people than that!!!????? lets plan the night out tho eh??!! im chris and oh is john...3kids , livin in ohauiti.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

sammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Forum Get Together, what about Bay of Plenty???

Originally Posted by helinuk
We arrive in Tauranga 13th October and look forward to a meet up too!

We'll be job hunting, house hunting and generally open to all your months-years of experience in BOP!
see you all soon,
50 sleeps until we leave UK!
Helen
We arrived on the 13th October in 2005. We found it really hard to get somewhere to rent though as its starts to get really busy in the run up to Xmas due to the warm weather. Good luck with it all, have you been here before? Its a fab place to live. We are off home for Xmas for 4 weeks, we must be mad as we'll be missing the summer.

Happy journeys!

Sam
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by krissie
OH YEH!!!!!!! we been here 2yrs now but dont seem to get out much!!! a night out in Tauranga sounds just wot we need!!! make new friends b4 xmas ......thas the worst part of yr i think ! im havin a kiwi "Ann Summers" party at mine in a few weeks if anyone interested!! what better way to meet new people than that!!!????? lets plan the night out tho eh??!! im chris and oh is john...3kids , livin in ohauiti.
Hi Chris and All,

It would be fab to meet up with more people. What this place needs is an EX-pats social club where you can go regularly to meet people. Havent found anything like that yet though!! I find it harder here in the winters and am ashamed t say I still get homesick, summers are so fab and I wonder why I'd want to go home then.

Ann Summers, i will give it a miss due to me being heavily pregnant!!

Sam
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

PaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to all
Talking Re: Forum Get Together, what about Bay of Plenty???

OK ....let's stop talking about what a good idea it is and get down to some serious planning. I reckon that the 3rd week in November would be a goo date to start with. We will be back from UK, Heleninuk will be here and settled and, hoefully we will get a full turn out!

The Friday night is the 16th November and we could meet up in either the Mount or in The Strand. From Papamoa they are a similar distance so I would propose The Starnd and the Friday night rather than the Saturday.

Please feel free to agree/disagree as you see fit. Can you please PM me or email me if you are planning to attend so that I can judge numbers.

I look forward to hearing from you

Paul
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isabel&David
Hmm....ok...
we both go to the gym, do classes and work, but.....
in the gym everyone tends to do their own thing anyway and work, well, we work in the same company and have 4 collegues, including the boss!!
Well, I suppose we could make a bit more effort to find some friends!!
We have just bought a house in Papamoa and will move beginning of September. We both agree that we need to meet people and have some fun!!

Last Christmas was quite bad for us over here, we had not long been here, missed our families and friends back home like mad and were really lonely.
Its all gonna change this year cause we will make lots of friends!

Cheers
Isabel x
I know we're a bit far-but we'll be having our 6 monthly 'come and meet as many people as you can' party soon in Welly-would you make it over for the weekend?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulGent
OK ....let's stop talking about what a good idea it is and get down to some serious planning. I reckon that the 3rd week in November would be a goo date to start with. We will be back from UK, Heleninuk will be here and settled and, hoefully we will get a full turn out!

The Friday night is the 16th November and we could meet up in either the Mount or in The Strand. From Papamoa they are a similar distance so I would propose The Starnd and the Friday night rather than the Saturday.

Please feel free to agree/disagree as you see fit. Can you please PM me or email me if you are planning to attend so that I can judge numbers.

Paul
Paul that sounds good to us
Helen
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya Paul,

I would love to do this but I'll have a 3 week old by then so will have to decline! Baby will be born on the 25th October so will be sleep deprived and a feeding mum! Would be better in September for us maybe? or you could do both?

I don't mind where as I'll be driving.

Any other ideas from anyone?

My husband Nick is up for meeting people too. We run a business from home so we don't have work collegues. We meet up with another pomm family every weekend so we could invite them too

Sam

Paul
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helinuk
Paul that sounds good to us
Helen
I know I am not there quite yet but the BoP meet sounds like a real good idea.

I know once we arrive I will be holding many a get-to-know-you-all parties. OH has a job offer in Tauranga so we will definately be there for Jan 08.

Be nice to start a poll showing who is where, no clue how to do it so AmLoolah/Karonious/Phil01 help me out will ya.......

Love from your ever drunken friend

Nici aka Kato33 aka Pi**head from the south.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

krissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant future

Paul
ANY NIGHT GOOD FOR US...JUST SAY THE DEFINATE DATE!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krissie
ANY NIGHT GOOD FOR US...JUST SAY THE DEFINATE DATE!!!!!!!!!

Yep we should be ok too.
Ash
Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

oolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really nice

Moving over to Tauranga from Uk on 4th October with two kids - boy who will be 2 in December and girl who will be 5 in October. My husband is a Kiwi but from Napier so doesnt know anyone in the area and hasnt lived in New Zealand for 10 years.

Would love to come to your meet up if that is ok

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.