Forestry in NZ

Old Nov 6th 2008, 4:14 am
Just Joined

GillianH is just really niceGillianH is just really niceGillianH is just really niceGillianH is just really niceGillianH is just really niceGillianH is just really niceGillianH is just really niceGillianH is just really nice
Default Forestry in NZ

Hello! I am a recent Forestry graduate and I am hoping to find a forestry/biology/environmental related job in NZ, but I have no idea where to begin! Is there anyone currently in the forest industry that can give me any tips as to where or how to start looking? Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 4:39 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Forestry in NZ

Kia Ora to you to Gillian.

I'll bung you a few links which may or may not help.

Some other folks may be along to try 'n help further.

This one is the Dept of Conservation. If you contact them , you may be able to join a research team.
DOC

This one is a uni where one can obtain a degree. They may be able to point you in the right direction or even, if you have the gift of the gab, offer to perhaps place you. You never know

School of Forestry

Also
MAF

See what they have to say.

... and have some karma. Your blue boxes are look like a felled hillside
Old Nov 9th 2008, 9:35 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forestry in NZ

Another one which is getting to be quite popular is Conservation Jobs found at www.conjobs.co.nz

If you check the site you will see it is not only 'conservation' jobs but a relatively wide range of jobs from DoC, MAF, Regional Councils and NGOs.

I just checked their listings currently - they are a bit low today. But keep an eye on it.

Another one is the NZ Government's jobs website http://www.jobs.govt.nz/

Note: this is for jobs within the govt not WINZ (job centre) type jobs.