Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Foo Fighters.............

Foo Fighters.............

Old May 5th 2008, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Foo Fighters.............

WOW............

Absolutely superb show and anyone going tomorrow....... you are in for one hell of a gig!!!!!!!

They played for well over two hours and were worth every single last dollar..
Old May 5th 2008, 12:15 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foo Fighters.............

I love Dave Grohl, wish I could go... Glad they were brill, I love love love live music!

Also wanted to see k.d.lang in WLG tonight, but that was not to be either argh! :curse:
Old May 5th 2008, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Kentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to all

Yep.....We're going tonight . Had the tickets since before Christmas so it's been a long wait. What's the support like?

One good reason to stay living in the Waikato is that we are an hour and a half drive from Auckland. The drive especially coming home after a concert is a bit of a pain but do-able. All the music is in Auckland which is very unfair to the rest of NZ. We've been to heaps up there.....Korn last week were brilliant!
Would never see so many top bands so easily in the UK.

Will let you know what we think of the show.
Old May 5th 2008, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Going tonight but all on my little ownsome, managed to get ticket on trade me as had to sell my aussie ones as visa not done in time

Saw them last 5 years ago and they were fab then
Old May 5th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Anyone else going to see the Stereophonics at the Powerstation next week?

We've seen them twice in the UK and they were great in big venues like the Millenium stadium but the small venue setting should be awesome.
Old May 5th 2008, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Kentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to all

Powerstation is a good venue. Couldn't believe how small it was and yet it gets some big international bands there. Seen Dragonforce and HIM there. They've done it up recently.
Would like to go but have spent quite a bit on tickets lately and they are always midweek. A pain when you have to drive back and go to work (or college, for my son) the next morning.
Old May 6th 2008, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

OMG they were awesome last night, they were on stage for just over 2 and a half hours, definitely hard work on the legs, arms and voice

EVERYTHING HURTS THIS MORNINGbut all worth it
Old May 7th 2008, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

It was SO amazing......!!!!!!!!
Old May 7th 2008, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kentish Lass
It was SO amazing......!!!!!!!!
my throat is still sore now, too much singing and I cant sing to save my live

and Dave Grohl....mmm couldnt you just eat him alive
Old May 7th 2008, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I went on Mon night and they were amazing, Dave is probably the only person to be able to talk for long periods and not be heckled. Very funny guy giving the audience what they wanted to hear.....
"you know why we keep coming back? Cos the chicks are hot man.....better than Canada where they wear too much clothing!"
" you know, we're only half way through, sorry but we had so many m*****f*****g hits!"
Old May 7th 2008, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

The Foo's have done some of the funniest videos IMO and the bit at the end (mon) where the rear screen showed them looking at the song list before they came back on was classic and reminded me of the larking around in the videos.

They will 110% be on the list for going to another of their concerts
Old May 7th 2008, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by teambwr47
The Foo's have done some of the funniest videos IMO and the bit at the end (mon) where the rear screen showed them looking at the song list before they came back on was classic and reminded me of the larking around in the videos.

They will 110% be on the list for going to another of their concerts
and they get better as well, have seen them a few times before they seem to get better each time I have seen them
Old May 7th 2008, 10:17 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh, we disagree.
Monday, Fantastic start and end, but for those down the front , but the bit when DG was speaking was a complete waste. The sound had moved back, nothing coming from the stage speakers, and there was just general "get back on and get singing" discontent all around.
It made us sell our Tuesday tickets, now going for phonics tickets for Sunday night. Seen them a few times at Glastonbury, then at the Isle of Wight. Never disappointed, so fingers crossed for the joy of trademe.
Old May 7th 2008, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
Ooooh, we disagree.
Monday, Fantastic start and end, but for those down the front , but the bit when DG was speaking was a complete waste. The sound had moved back, nothing coming from the stage speakers, and there was just general "get back on and get singing" discontent all around.
It made us sell our Tuesday tickets, now going for phonics tickets for Sunday night. Seen them a few times at Glastonbury, then at the Isle of Wight. Never disappointed, so fingers crossed for the joy of trademe.
For those who were at the front i bet it came as a surprise that the band took the gig to the rest of the crowd as well. I though it was hilarious as many who came in sussed it out early and when the band revealed the 2nd stage the savvy ones ended up with probably the closet view of the band there was.

The idea for those who weren't at the front was fantastic...

The small stage had three mics set up and each part of the 'back' of the crowd had its own 'front' show at some stage. Superb idea.....

There was no discontent anywhere i could see but hey you can't please everyone i guess........ listening to all around us and those on the radio etc not bad word was said about the night....
Old May 7th 2008, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

I knew about the second stage as a friend went to see them in Melbourne so I knew what to expect, and if you read any of the Foo Fighters forums the ozzies were talking about the second stage....see it does pay to spend work time surfing the internetdespite what your boss says

I thought it was a great idea as totally missed out on seeing them when they did the acoustic tour as that would have been amazing to see, so you got the best of both music that the Foos do, and those at the back of the standing and the seating area certainly got a better view of the band, and that has got to be worth something

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.