Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Fitness freaks in Auckland??

Fitness freaks in Auckland??

Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice
Default Fitness freaks in Auckland??

Hello peeps,

Well i finish work tomorrow and fly 3 weeks tomorrow!!! WOOOHHOOOO

Now after all the organising (that to be fair my better half has done most of!), I must ask the most serious of questions!!!

Are there any fellow lunatics out there that ride road bikes, run, or even better do triathlon in the North Shore area?

Myself and my wife Amy are both keen triathletes and it would be good to find some new training buddies when we arrive?

If you fancy meeting up respond here or PM me! I am hoping to do Ironman NZ next year so if anyone is up for that!! Also Auckland Half Marathon in Oct!!!

Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fitness freaks in Auckland??

Originally Posted by trigod
Hello peeps,

Well i finish work tomorrow and fly 3 weeks tomorrow!!! WOOOHHOOOO

Now after all the organising (that to be fair my better half has done most of!), I must ask the most serious of questions!!!

Are there any fellow lunatics out there that ride road bikes, run, or even better do triathlon in the North Shore area?

Myself and my wife Amy are both keen triathletes and it would be good to find some new training buddies when we arrive?

If you fancy meeting up respond here or PM me! I am hoping to do Ironman NZ next year so if anyone is up for that!! Also Auckland Half Marathon in Oct!!!

(Fitness) Freak
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

Because you are into fitness which does, as you say, make you a big fat (well, probably not fat at all, being into fitness) Freak!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mazi
Because you are into fitness which does, as you say, make you a big fat (well, probably not fat at all, being into fitness) Freak!
How very dare you!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

Indeed I do dare verily.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 7:45 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Does a pint of beer, a fag, and a steak and cheese pie (lasagne topper for the ladies) inside ten minutes count as a triathlon?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

These guys might be able to help...
North Shore Triathlon Club http://www.nstc.ca/qs/

PS Forget being a snobby roadie, how about going for knobbly tires...
http://www.aucklandmtb.co.nz/
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:15 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Let me think... are there fitness freaks in Auckland??? Sometimes I think they're all ******' MAD! I'm trudging up the road at 6.30 to catch my bus to work and I must meet about 10 people running down my road What time do they get up at??? We live in a cul de sac so unless they run across the reserve they've got to run UP again

I know someone who's doing the Iron Man this year so if you want an introduction give me a shout when you get here
Old Feb 28th 2007, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Batty
Let me think... are there fitness freaks in Auckland??? Sometimes I think they're all ******' MAD! I'm trudging up the road at 6.30 to catch my bus to work and I must meet about 10 people running down my road What time do they get up at??? We live in a cul de sac so unless they run across the reserve they've got to run UP again

I know someone who's doing the Iron Man this year so if you want an introduction give me a shout when you get here
He he, thats great sounds like my type of morning.

It would be great if you could introduce me, I would like to get their opinion on the event.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Apple12
These guys might be able to help...
North Shore Triathlon Club http://www.nstc.ca/qs/

PS Forget being a snobby roadie, how about going for knobbly tires...
http://www.aucklandmtb.co.nz/
Not being ungrateful but these guys are in Canada!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Not being ungrateful but these guys are in Canada!

Mmmm you have a point
These guys aren't though http://www.aucklandcitytri.co.nz/