Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Fingers crossed anyone??

Fingers crossed anyone??

Old Apr 26th 2005, 4:56 pm
enilorac

Default Fingers crossed anyone??

Who's got their fingers crossed then or is it just me who's waiting with bated breath to see if they've had their EOI selected from the pool (next one due 27th April?) I'm soooooo nervous I could just be sick!!.......

Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:50 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fingers crossed anyone??

Originally Posted by enilorac
Who's got their fingers crossed then or is it just me who's waiting with bated breath to see if they've had their EOI selected from the pool (next one due 27th April?) I'm soooooo nervous I could just be sick!!.......

Not me, but I feel for you! We lodged our EOI on March 16 and were selected on the 30th! Good luck!
Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:13 pm
enilorac

Originally Posted by lucyb
Not me, but I feel for you! We lodged our EOI on March 16 and were selected on the 30th! Good luck!
OOH, you lucky things..good luck to you too with the ongoing process..thanks for the thought

Old Apr 27th 2005, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Steve'N'Serena is an unknown quantity at this point

OOH, you lucky things..good luck to you too with the ongoing process..thanks for the thought
Don't be nervous, i'm sure you'll be fine. We submitted our EOI on the 16th March as well and got a a reply on the 30th....received our ITA on the 4th April...Now that's the time to start worrying. :scared: .........LOADS to sort out, but surprisingly next to nothing on the application form it's all done for you based on your EOI.
All the very best of luck
Steve
Old Apr 27th 2005, 4:01 pm
enilorac

Originally Posted by Steve'N'Serena
Don't be nervous, i'm sure you'll be fine. We submitted our EOI on the 16th March as well and got a a reply on the 30th....received our ITA on the 4th April...Now that's the time to start worrying. :scared: .........LOADS to sort out, but surprisingly next to nothing on the application form it's all done for you based on your EOI.
All the very best of luck
Steve
Thanks Steve, very reassuring...had a quick check today before I went to work and our status has changed from submitted to selected...watch this space....so excited now I could just be sick!....(much quicker times than Oz isn't it? My friend started applying in November 2003 and still hasn't got her visa but is almost there...)

Old Apr 27th 2005, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Steve, very reassuring...had a quick check today before I went to work and our status has changed from submitted to selected...watch this space....so excited now I could just be sick!....(much quicker times than Oz isn't it? My friend started applying in November 2003 and still hasn't got her visa but is almost there...)
Hiya
Not sure about Oz but have heard some horror stories about waiting times etc.. Still you've passed the first step!!!
Are you going on a skilled migrant application, if so you will hear very quickly. Mine was done and dusted within 7 days from selection to receiving ITA pack
I'm in a bit of a panic trying to sort police checks, medicals and X-rays etc you just need to be logical......I'm not!!

It's great news, i'm sure everything will be fine, Please don't be sick, It's all Toooooooooooo messy!........... i'm sure you won't stop you worrying tho', but it's part of your 'right of passage' i guess........it's the same for us all
keep in touch and let me know how it's going
cheers
Steve
Old Apr 27th 2005, 5:14 pm
enilorac

Hiya
Not sure about Oz but have heard some horror stories about waiting times etc.. Still you've passed the first step!!!
Are you going on a skilled migrant application, if so you will hear very quickly. Mine was done and dusted within 7 days from selection to receiving ITA pack
I'm in a bit of a panic trying to sort police checks, medicals and X-rays etc you just need to be logical......I'm not!!

It's great news, i'm sure everything will be fine, Please don't be sick, It's all Toooooooooooo messy!........... i'm sure you won't stop you worrying tho', but it's part of your 'right of passage' i guess........it's the same for us all
keep in touch and let me know how it's going
cheers
Steve
Hi Steve

Yep we're hoping to go in under skilled migrant and if we pass the first step and receive our ITA within 7 days I think I'll wet myself!! Should be ok with paperwork etc as I'm a pen-pusher and quite logical normally but fear it may all go to pot....It is great news and I will try to stop worrying (no chance!)I don't know which I am most - nervous, excited or worried! Hope things are going well for you two and will keep in touch..Cheers mate Caroline

Old Apr 27th 2005, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Steve

Yep we're hoping to go in under skilled migrant and if we pass the first step and receive our ITA within 7 days I think I'll wet myself!! Should be ok with paperwork etc as I'm a pen-pusher and quite logical normally but fear it may all go to pot....It is great news and I will try to stop worrying (no chance!)I don't know which I am most - nervous, excited or worried! Hope things are going well for you two and will keep in touch..Cheers mate Caroline
Hi Caroline nice to have a name now............very clever, i have just seen what you did!!!
Being sick and wetting yourself, i'm getting an attractive picture now :scared: ...........Don't be so pesimistic, you're a third of the way there. WHEN you get your ITA you will get the name an email address of you case officer, (now here is a tip) email or make contact just to introduce yourself............they like that and they will remember you, may help to speed things up later on.
Where are you hoping to settle, do you have family there?...........I'm getting excited now.........OH dear!!

Cheers
Steve
Old Apr 27th 2005, 5:46 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Congrats thats the first step 7 how exciting it must be for you. Hope the rest of the process is just as painless & I wish you all the best for your travels & new life in NZ. Keep an open mind & try hard not to keep comparing it to your home now & you should make the transistion with no major problems. Will follow your progress to see how things are going & yes I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you that things turn out just the way you want them too!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:04 pm
enilorac

[QUOTE=Steve'N'Serena]Hi Caroline nice to have a name now............very clever, i have just seen what you did!!![QUOTE]

Not clever Steve, it's just some folks say I'm a bit backwards sometimes....

[Quote]Being sick and wetting yourself, i'm getting an attractive picture now :scared: ...........[QUOTE]

Sorry if I've conjured up any vivid images but when I get really nervous/excited it's gotta come out somewhere....

[QUOTE]WHEN you get your ITA you will get the name an email address of you case officer, (now here is a tip) email or make contact just to introduce yourself............they like that and they will remember you, may help to speed things up later on. Where are you hoping to settle, do you have family there?...........I'm getting excited now.........OH dear!!
[QUOTE]

Great tip - will make contact once I've got myself under control..... see it's contagious isn't it - a little bit of excitement goes a long way..... No definite place in mind although other half fancies Christchurch - anywhere with a beach will do for me so I should be spoilt for choice. No family but I'm a Forces babe so used to upping sticks and flitting at a moments notice and have never really been a great one for family - my friends are my family really and I'll miss them but will issue open invites to them so shouldn't be too bad...
Caroline p.s my mates call me Caz but don't want to confuse you with too many names all at once - other half calls me 'bird' - charming fellow really

Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:10 pm
enilorac

Originally Posted by shepslady
Wow Congrats thats the first step 7 how exciting it must be for you. Hope the rest of the process is just as painless & I wish you all the best for your travels & new life in NZ. Keep an open mind & try hard not to keep comparing it to your home now & you should make the transistion with no major problems. Will follow your progress to see how things are going & yes I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you that things turn out just the way you want them too!
Thanks and nice to see you back posting.......My mind is always open (but usually blank!!) and I try to go with the flow so am hoping that if we get thru we will be ok. Being a Forces kid you do get used to being thrown into different countries/cultures and although it's not always easy it is usually exciting! Thanks for the kind words....will try not to spontaneously combust coz I really am sooooo excited and nervous!! Cheers

Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:49 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks and nice to see you back posting.......My mind is always open (but usually blank!!) and I try to go with the flow so am hoping that if we get thru we will be ok. Being a Forces kid you do get used to being thrown into different countries/cultures and although it's not always easy it is usually exciting! Thanks for the kind words....will try not to spontaneously combust coz I really am sooooo excited and nervous!! Cheers
Thanks
Like your location......hoping to fall off in NZ so I hope that its a soft safe landing in some place to your liking. Like you said being near a beach wont be a problem but Id keep the east coast in mind rather than the west coast as the beaches on the west tend to be a little rougher than on the east but thats just my personal opinion. eg. most east coast beaches have sand where a lot of west coast ones have pebbles (hard on the feet) or black sand which can be a killer on a hot day!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 7:27 pm
enilorac

Originally Posted by shepslady
Thanks
Like your location......hoping to fall off in NZ so I hope that its a soft safe landing in some place to your liking. Like you said being near a beach wont be a problem but Id keep the east coast in mind rather than the west coast as the beaches on the west tend to be a little rougher than on the east but thats just my personal opinion. eg. most east coast beaches have sand where a lot of west coast ones have pebbles (hard on the feet) or black sand which can be a killer on a hot day!
Thanks for the insider info..have been looking at the east coast coz it seems less wet and windy than the west but thanks for the tips about the beaches -hate pebbly beaches..Hope we do fall off into somewhere so great it'll leave me speechless....any recommendations?

Old Apr 27th 2005, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=enilorac][QUOTE=Steve'N'Serena]Hi Caroline nice to have a name now............very clever, i have just seen what you did!!![QUOTE]

Not clever Steve, it's just some folks say I'm a bit backwards sometimes....

[Quote]Being sick and wetting yourself, i'm getting an attractive picture now :scared: ...........[QUOTE]

Sorry if I've conjured up any vivid images but when I get really nervous/excited it's gotta come out somewhere....

[QUOTE]WHEN you get your ITA you will get the name an email address of you case officer, (now here is a tip) email or make contact just to introduce yourself............they like that and they will remember you, may help to speed things up later on. Where are you hoping to settle, do you have family there?...........I'm getting excited now.........OH dear!!

Great tip - will make contact once I've got myself under control..... see it's contagious isn't it - a little bit of excitement goes a long way..... No definite place in mind although other half fancies Christchurch - anywhere with a beach will do for me so I should be spoilt for choice. No family but I'm a Forces babe so used to upping sticks and flitting at a moments notice and have never really been a great one for family - my friends are my family really and I'll miss them but will issue open invites to them so shouldn't be too bad...
Caroline p.s my mates call me Caz but don't want to confuse you with too many names all at once - other half calls me 'bird' - charming fellow really
Caz it is then (if thats ok)
My self and 'she who must be obeyed' are both ex forces Royal Marines and Royal navy So i know what you mean. We are really excited about the move and despite some negative feedback (Shepslady who stood her corner very well by the way) we are really up for it ......we intend to sell up here and DO IT.....this will focus our minds to go that 'extra mile' to make it work.
We are also looking at CHCH or Dunedin, done some research looks brill
cheers
Steve

Last edited by Steve'N'Serena; Apr 27th 2005 at 9:25 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 8:21 pm
enilorac

Caz it is then (if thats ok)
My self and 'she who must be obeyed' are both ex forces Royal Marines and Royal navy So i know what you mean. We are really excited about the move and despite some negative feedback (Shepslady you stood her corner very well by the way) we are really up for it ......we intend to sell up here and DO IT.....this will focus our minds to go that 'extra mile' to make it work.
We are also looking at CHCH or Dunedin, done some research looks brill
cheers
Steve
Fine by me...Caroline gets a bit tricky to spell after a glass too many....So nice to see so many positive comments on here today...we must all have been on the happy juice for breakfast...I think all of NZ looks brill, but we probably won't decide until we get there (if we get there!) you know - take the two month tour and have a real good reccie just to make sure we've found the right place for us.....I'm sure you'll make it work - if we get the opportunity to go we'll have a damn good crack at making a go of it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.