Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Finally have a job and various other happy stuff!

Finally have a job and various other happy stuff!

Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Stef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud ofStef_Paul has much to be proud of
Talking Finally have a job and various other happy stuff!

Firstly I would like to say thank you to all the kind people that left me messages of support when I was feeling sorry for myself last week because I didn't have a job...LOL. You all gave me the kick up the ass that I needed.

I now have one...woo hoo!!!!!!!!!! I start on Monday so hopefully it will all go well! I am now very nervous but very happy to occupy my mind during the day and bring some money in. Hopefully I will make some friends aswell.

We have also now moved into our first proper home here in Timaru and I love it here. Much nicer than being in an upstairs flat. Now can't wait for the furniture to arrive.

One last thing..I had a fantastic Waitangi Day! It was glorious weather down on the South Island. We went to the beach and also went to a barbecue at one of my husbands work friends. They live out at Pleasant Point and their house overlooks the mountains at the back. It was incredible to sit there with a beer and a plate full of meat and wedges looking at the view. It was one of those moments where you think "How wonderful is New Zealand and how lucky am I to be here!"
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:32 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Finally have a job and various other happy stuff!

It's amazing how things can just fall into place so quickly, great to hear it's turning out ok for you.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Brilliant news. I am so pleased for you.

It'll be just like opening Christmas parcels when the container turns up.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:11 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stef_Paul
They live out at Pleasant Point and their house overlooks the mountains at the back. It was incredible to sit there with a beer and a plate full of meat and wedges looking at the view. It was one of those moments where you think "How wonderful is New Zealand and how lucky am I to be here!"
Yeah, Pleasant Point is a gorgeous place. My wife has a dream of winning the Lotto and moving down there.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:44 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Big congratulations on the job....
Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:42 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Woo hoo! Many congrats on your job, that's wonderful news!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:41 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. Sorry, I didn't see your post last week but I love coming in at the happy ending Well done and congratulations.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:52 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Glad things are coming together for you
Karma for your happiness
Karen