And finally Cyril

Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

extrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really nice
Default And finally Cyril

Oh dear, its definitely turning into a real love fest here. its all getting a bit too touchy feely for me, so here's a final tip which some of you might actually find useful to remember. I had been saving it in case some sarky kiwi had a go at me.

As reported on TV3.
NZ has no iodine in its soil and so there's no iodine in the plants or animals. if you only eat plants and animals, you will have no iodine either.

Lack of iodine causes problems for the thyroid gland and so since the 1930's, iodine has been added to salt in NZ. More research has also shown that iodine is needed for normal brain development. Results show that a child with low iodine levels is 14~19% less intellegent than a child with normal iodine levels.

TV3 reported that salt has been getting a bad press for a such long time now and many people were using much less salt, or salt alternatives, or healthy fresh salt with no iodine, and so here are a lot of people without enough iodine. I checked the salt in our cupboard and right enough one jar is iodised, but the other has no iodine.

Final tip, keep taking the salt tablets.

(pretty good for me, I didn't even make the obvious comment about kiwi's.
-- Damn it, just can't keep my mouth shut)
Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:53 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all
Default Re: And finally Cyril

Originally Posted by extrameant
Oh dear, its definitely turning into a real love fest here. its all getting a bit too touchy feely for me, so here's a final tip which some of you might actually find useful to remember. I had been saving it in case some sarky kiwi had a go at me.

As reported on TV3.
NZ has no iodine in its soil and so there's no iodine in the plants or animals. if you only eat plants and animals, you will have no iodine either.

Lack of iodine causes problems for the thyroid gland and so since the 1930's, iodine has been added to salt in NZ. More research has also shown that iodine is needed for normal brain development. Results show that a child with low iodine levels is 14~19% less intellegent than a child with normal iodine levels.

TV3 reported that salt has been getting a bad press for a such long time now and many people were using much less salt, or salt alternatives, or healthy fresh salt with no iodine, and so here are a lot of people without enough iodine. I checked the salt in our cupboard and right enough one jar is iodised, but the other has no iodine.

Good info. very interesting. Should be on the really useful thread indeed
Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:57 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

As reported on TV3.

Well, well done you...very interesting info for someone like me who already has a pre-existing thryoid problem...

and here is a NZ link for anyone wanting a bit more info on the condition/symptoms http://www.familydoctor.co.nz/condit...&category_name=&

I hasten to add I have all of the symptoms except constipation..
and it also explains why I have the memory span of a goldfish!!!
Check it out though - you would be amazed how many people have this condition without even realising it -
another symptom which isn't listed is hair that feels like straw!! I use shedloads of conditioner!!!

I will keep an eye out for the tablets...do they come in different strengths etc..

You might like to copy it into the really useful thread too

oh and btw, sarcasm isn't exclusive to the kiwis - done quite a good job there yourself - no need to be deliberately trying to rile folks...

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Jul 12th 2005 at 11:17 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 12:30 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Well, well done you...very interesting info for someone like me who already has a pre-existing thryoid problem...

and here is a NZ link for anyone wanting a bit more info on the condition/symptoms http://www.familydoctor.co.nz/condit...&category_name=&

I hasten to add I have all of the symptoms except constipation..
and it also explains why I have the memory span of a goldfish!!!
Check it out though - you would be amazed how many people have this condition without even realising it -
another symptom which isn't listed is hair that feels like straw!! I use shedloads of conditioner!!!

I will keep an eye out for the tablets...do they come in different strengths etc..

You might like to copy it into the really useful thread too

oh and btw, sarcasm isn't exclusive to the kiwis - done quite a good job there yourself - no need to be deliberately trying to rile folks...
Does this mean if your iodine levels get back up you will be more Pinkier? Will we be able to recognize you? My talkie toaster (sorry, line from BBC's Red Dwarf) ... "needs to know". Talkie's the name, toastings the game. Would anyone like any iodine laced toast?

Sorry, as a biotechnologist scientific nerd I know this is a serious issue, so I have to ask the question: do you want some toast? Maybe a ham brabble or a fruit cake? Any kind of bread pod? Or would you just like a slice of toast.

Old Jul 13th 2005, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

extrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really nice

I will keep an eye out for the tablets...do they come in different strengths etc.. [/QUOTE]

You sure you got room for any more tablets after your meals? I suppose you could stop the lithium tablets in favour of sodium (salt).

oh and btw, sarcasm isn't exclusive to the kiwis - done quite a good job there yourself - no need to be deliberately trying to rile folks...[/QUOTE]

As if I would take the mick out of our feathered but flightless friends. Actually, you've got to wonder at anyone that would call themselves after a bird that can't even fly. I reckon they should have called themselves Kia's or something. For those of you who don't know what a kia is, it is a big mountain parrot thing that lives in the south island, pretty impressive animal. It is a real cheeky bird and one once landed on our campervan and started to chew the rubber round the windscreen off . It never flew away even when I rocked the van to try to scare it away. It seemed to love it, just jumped up onto the highest bit and swung around like in a cartoon, exaggerating the swing excessively. (even parrots take the piss out of me)
A bus load of americans arrived and had a good look too. I heard them discussing it, whether it was a kiwi or not. In the end they all decided it was a kiwia which I thought was v funny.

See, I just make fun out of everyone, kiwis aren't special.

Anyway, at least they've got an excuse. I ended up this stupid voluntarily, in fact I still pay quite a lot of money just to make sure there's no undamaged brain cells grown back, every friday night.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

As reported on TV3.

THAT.....explains everything then.........ah, at last I know why!
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:33 am
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkiepie

You sure you got room for any more tablets after your meals? I suppose you could stop the lithium tablets in favour of sodium (salt).

oh and btw, sarcasm isn't exclusive to the kiwis - done quite a good job there yourself - no need to be deliberately trying to rile folks
As if I would take the mick out of our feathered but flightless friends. Actually, you've got to wonder at anyone that would call themselves after a bird that can't even fly. I reckon they should have called themselves Kia's or something. For those of you who don't know what a kia is, it is a big mountain parrot thing that lives in the south island, pretty impressive animal. It is a real cheeky bird and one once landed on our campervan and started to chew the rubber round the windscreen off . It never flew away even when I rocked the van to try to scare it away. It seemed to love it, just jumped up onto the highest bit and swung around like in a cartoon, exaggerating the swing excessively. (even parrots take the piss out of me)
A bus load of americans arrived and had a good look too. I heard them discussing it, whether it was a kiwi or not. In the end they all decided it was a kiwia which I thought was v funny.

See, I just make fun out of everyone, kiwis aren't special.

Anyway, at least they've got an excuse. I ended up this stupid voluntarily, in fact I still pay quite a lot of money just to make sure there's no undamaged brain cells grown back, every friday night.
I maybe mad but I'm not bi-polar...and I take my tablets before meals....

Why limit yourself to a friday night though, I cover all bases myself and do Saturday nights too just to make sure....

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Jul 13th 2005 at 7:37 am.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
I maybe mad but I'm not bi-polar...and I take my tablets before meals....

Why limit yourself to a friday night though, I cover all bases myself and do Saturday nights too just to make sure....

I was only joking and making a pun I doubt even a chemist would groan at. I am sure neither of you is mad.

Drinking on a saturday? You mean there's more days after friday night?
Old Jul 13th 2005, 1:26 pm
Don't let me get me....

I was only joking and making a pun I doubt even a chemist would groan at. I am sure neither of you is mad.

Drinking on a saturday? You mean there's more days after friday night?
I know you were only joking...no you didn't, yes I did...oh the voices...

Yes but a Saturday usually starts at about lunchtime in our house - none of this morning lark...