Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Few questions about salaries and auckland

Few questions about salaries and auckland

Old Jun 2nd 2015, 12:17 am
Just Joined

jparsons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Few questions about salaries and auckland

Ok I have a few questions, any answers will to broaden my currently limited horizons will be most appreciated .

1) Is a salary of approxamitely 325,000NZD (plus housing allowence and relocation) high enough to enjoy a decent standard of living in auckland as i have heard from many people that it can be notoriously expensive

2) secondly what are the perceptions about the mission bay area, i.e is it a safe and friendly place to live and what does it offer?

Thanks v much for any responses
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Few questions about salaries and auckland

Thats a salary most of us can only dream of. Youll be living in luxury mate. Yes, Mission Bay is safe.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 3:16 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

pray what occupation pays out that sort of money for someone not already in the market here? just so I can lead my kids in that direction you understand
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I guess that depends on the standard of living your used to.
But that's a high salary even by aux standards, so I'm gonna say
you'll be fine
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Wow
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

This must be a wind up.

You'll be telling us next that every one of your mates has a company car. How the other half live.

You're going to love Auckland, you'll fit right in
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
You'll be telling us next that every one of your mates has a company car
No, not every one of your mates... Everyone you know. In fact, everyone in Auckland.

Seriously though - even the smallest amount of research should tell you that a salary like that will be an enormous amount in NZ; Auckland included.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Baz036 is an unknown quantity at this point

By way of a yard stick her are the salaries for politicians in NZ...

Members of Parliament who chair a select committee are paid $162,000 a year. Ministers outside Cabinet are paid $226,000 a year. Ministers inside Cabinet are paid $268,000 a year. The Prime Minister's salary is set at $428,000 a year.

Pretty sure someone on 325k could scrape by. That is of course if your question was serious...
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Nah. Really!!!
$325 000 plus housing allowance and relocation.......That's more than our CEO is paid as a basic salary and for a national brand company and a state owned enterprise owned by the government. I really can't see a company offering such a salary to someone overseas and even if they did the last place that person would be talking about it and asking questions is on here. You would have advisors and a PA babysitting you all the way.
Bloody good luck to you if it's the correct amount though. I can only dream of ever earning anything like that amount.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 8:15 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

now lets play nicely and all becomes friends, friends like that are something to nurture in NZ as we are all aware. so the next CEO of some large company as a buddy could be very useful.

now jparsons - what will you be doing, what visa type and any other information you require just please ask me.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
I really can't see a company offering such a salary to someone overseas.
That is unfortunately exactly where that sort of salary is offered to. Big companies here pride themselves on recruiting top level staff "internationally". It gives them some false kudos if the person moves from Europe or (even better) the US of A to head up their NZ operations.

I've said it before... NZ is like a teenager and has the usual shallow teenage wants. Getting an "international candidate" is just showing off - like the 18yr old who gets a lowered hoonmobile with a boofy exhaust that they can neither afford, nor drive properly.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Politicians don't get paid much in the grand scheme; there is the annual hullabaloo when they publish and debate all the annual salaries of the country's highest earning bureacrats - always good for a laugh and some light entertainment.

I recall most recently the head of Auckland DHB (an expat from the UK) was trawled through the mill and much maligned in the media for accepting a payrise that took her salary to some dizzy heights of $500k or so. Nice work if you can get it but personally I wouldn't want the responsibility that goes with it.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

McLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really nice

prime minister? CEO? Cabiniet minister?

You all forgot DENTIST.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 10:48 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps a mis-placed comma and an extra zero?! Did jparsons mean 32,500k? In which case this tread will take a totally different turn!
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by McLeod
prime minister? CEO? Cabiniet minister?

You all forgot DENTIST.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.