Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Feeling like Rain - NOT Sunshine today

Feeling like Rain - NOT Sunshine today

Old May 26th 2005, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all
Unhappy Feeling like Rain - NOT Sunshine today

I guess this is not reallya a thread but just to show that its not always easy being here in NZ. You all know how much I LOVE being here but sometimes like today - I feel downright miserable! Its raining - again today, which is fine - I actually like the rain - and like to hear it on the roof, but just seems to match my mood! I have been soooo busy this last 2 weeks, hardly time to breathe, and feel exhausted. Hubby is working a lot as well at the moment so hardly seen him for 2 weeks. Kids are so busy with sports that I am running them around lots - which is great most days - unless I feel like this! Usually OH is around a little bit more to help out with the evening runs as well. I just feel sooooooo tired. I guess this is when I miss my close friends and family from home so badly. Mum would have been around to buck me up and help out if I wanted it - and my best mate at home - who I miss like crazy - would have been there with a glass of wine - and a 'get yourself together' chat. Now I am sitting her doing OH's accounts, feeling like a wet weekend in a fortnight! I guess I just wanted to show that even for those of us who really love it here - there are still times when home draws your heart, and you miss having a cuppa with all those folks who know you so very very well. Thats enough moaning from me guys - I'll be back sunshiney later - promise.
Old May 26th 2005, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feeling like Rain - NOT Sunshine today

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain

I guess this is not reallya a thread but just to show that its not always easy being here in NZ. You all know how much I LOVE being here but sometimes like today - I feel downright miserable! Its raining - again today, which is fine - I actually like the rain - and like to hear it on the roof, but just seems to match my mood! I have been soooo busy this last 2 weeks, hardly time to breathe, and feel exhausted. Hubby is working a lot as well at the moment so hardly seen him for 2 weeks. Kids are so busy with sports that I am running them around lots - which is great most days - unless I feel like this! Usually OH is around a little bit more to help out with the evening runs as well. I just feel sooooooo tired. I guess this is when I miss my close friends and family from home so badly. Mum would have been around to buck me up and help out if I wanted it - and my best mate at home - who I miss like crazy - would have been there with a glass of wine - and a 'get yourself together' chat. Now I am sitting her doing OH's accounts, feeling like a wet weekend in a fortnight! I guess I just wanted to show that even for those of us who really love it here - there are still times when home draws your heart, and you miss having a cuppa with all those folks who know you so very very well. Thats enough moaning from me guys - I'll be back sunshiney later - promise.
We need rain 'cos without rain we get no flowers. Have some flowers to cheer you up. (made from sunshine and rain)

Hope you feel better soon
Old May 26th 2005, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Awww you poor rainy thing! (HUGS!!)

You are allowed to have off days you know!! Blimey...I have loads of them even now...you cant be cheerful all the time and you know those female hormones....they have a nasty way of affecting how you feel from time to time...little blighters!

This reply comes with a huge great cyber hug and hoping your day gets a bit better....and maybe the rain will stop too.

Cheer up.... we're thinking of you!
Old May 26th 2005, 10:12 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

Sending a big sloppy kiss... cheer up lass

Hope you are feeling better soon.
Old May 26th 2005, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Debs70
Sending a big sloppy kiss... cheer up lass

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Awww - thanks all. Really appreciate all your lovely words - and flowers - has already made me feel a little less rainy. I'll be back to myself later I am sure.
Old May 26th 2005, 11:00 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been drinking Shellie!!! This is not like you at all....right here's the plan...

1. go and put your jammies on coz that makes everything seem so much better

2. uncork a nice bottle of red (I'm already one glass ahead of you)

3. think how miserable you would be if you were back here in the horrible uk rain...NZ rain is so much nicer....

4. Stop doing OH's accounts and make him do them himself...
speaking as a finance officer I know that you will feel so much better if you stop dealing with figures immediately!!

5. Smile and think of me going into a huge meeting tomorrow with a massive hangover
and trying to make perfect sense out of a load of old nonsense that I really don't give a hoot about!!!

Hang in there kidda...we all have our off days...here's some sunshine just to make the day seem brighter for you....love Caroline....

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; May 26th 2005 at 11:09 pm.
Old May 26th 2005, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

LOL. . Definately not drinking - none last night either! Maybe thats the problem! LOL. Its the middle of the day here can't drink - have a 3 year old to care for. Hee hee - might be easier with a glass of vino though! . Its just an off day! My 2 great mates here have been on blower and thats cheered me up. Somedays its very hard to be away from your family, not every day but somedays. I guess thats why I posted so that it was a fair posting from me - that its not always sunshine, somedays the rain is harder to see through. However, as I said I'll be fine later - when i will have a glass of red wine! - and its the weekend so quieter fwe days ahead. Thanks for the sunshine- has all made me feel far far better.
Old May 26th 2005, 11:59 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. . Definately not drinking - none last night either! Maybe thats the problem! LOL. Its the middle of the day here can't drink - have a 3 year old to care for. Hee hee - might be easier with a glass of vino though! . Its just an off day! My 2 great mates here have been on blower and thats cheered me up. Somedays its very hard to be away from your family, not every day but somedays. I guess thats why I posted so that it was a fair posting from me - that its not always sunshine, somedays the rain is harder to see through. However, as I said I'll be fine later - when i will have a glass of red wine! - and its the weekend so quieter fwe days ahead. Thanks for the sunshine- has all made me feel far far better.
Definite alcolhol withdrawl sypmtoms....I think you need an avatar...that would cheer you up no end..find yourselve a nice rainbow and stick it in before I get up tomorrow....
Old May 27th 2005, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Feeling like Rain - NOT Sunshine today

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Definite alcolhol withdrawl sypmtoms....I think you need an avatar...that would cheer you up no end..find yourselve a nice rainbow and stick it in before I get up tomorrow....
Don't know how to do that chick????? Told you - complete technophobe!
Old May 27th 2005, 12:21 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sunshine & Rain
Of course we all have those days so your not alone there. We all know what its like to wish we had our Mums close by but cant have her there. Today is just one of those days that you will wont to be over really quick hoping that tomorrow will be a better day.
Couldnt find sunshine & rain but did find some sunshine so am sending that to you will a lovely boquet of red roses to hopefully put the spring back in your step.....hope it helps.

Chin up girl
Cheers
Shepslady

Old May 27th 2005, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shepslady
Hi Sunshine & Rain
Of course we all have those days so your not alone there. We all know what its like to wish we had our Mums close by but cant have her there. Today is just one of those days that you will wont to be over really quick hoping that tomorrow will be a better day.
Couldnt find sunshine & rain but did find some sunshine so am sending that to you will a lovely boquet of red roses to hopefully put the spring back in your step.....hope it helps.

Chin up girl
Cheers
Shepslady

Ahhhhhh - you've all made me feel so much better - really. Thank yous to you all - big hugs and squeezes!
Old May 27th 2005, 3:14 am
Franklin

Originally Posted by Sega Mad
We need rain 'cos without rain we get no flowers. Have some flowers to cheer you up. (made from sunshine and rain)

Hope you feel better soon
Can someone start a thread that exhibits photos of plants native to NZ? That would be so cool.

Old May 27th 2005, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

nessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nice

Here's a rainbow for you. Hope you feel better soon.

N
Old May 27th 2005, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nessie
Here's a rainbow for you. Hope you feel better soon.

N
Thanks Again all of you. Feeling more like myself this evening - glad the days over! Just been to childrens Disco with both kids - hmmm, was - noisy! They had a ball though. Hubby has just cooked me a meal and now I am off for a glass of wine. Still missing my Mum and Dad today but hopefully a night sleep and I'll be feeling all sunshiney again! Actually I do already really. Thanks guys - I really appreciate all your comments - has really been great! Speak soon - get posting your mugs on my other thread now!
Old May 27th 2005, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Again all of you. Feeling more like myself this evening - glad the days over! Just been to childrens Disco with both kids - hmmm, was - noisy! They had a ball though. Hubby has just cooked me a meal and now I am off for a glass of wine. Still missing my Mum and Dad today but hopefully a night sleep and I'll be feeling all sunshiney again! Actually I do already really. Thanks guys - I really appreciate all your comments - has really been great! Speak soon - get posting your mugs on my other thread now!
just seeing if I have sussed this avatar thingy???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.