Feeling down.....

Old May 27th 2009, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Feeling down.....

Hi All,

Starting to feel a bit down, now that we have our PR and no sign of a job. I have applied for loads and all are coming back saying no. I have registered with a few recruitment agencies who have told me the market is still very flat and with us being in the UK its going to be difficult to secure a job
I work as a HR Advisor and my hubby works for environmental health as a technical officer (not an environmental health officer though!!)

Are we brave enough to go out there without a job to go to?

Sorry everyone dont usually feel sorry for myself but I am today, must be the weather
Old May 27th 2009, 7:45 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feeling down.....

Can't advise I'm afraid, but if it makes you feel any better I hear they have had awful weather over there. The forecast here is for a nice weekend. Feel better?
Old May 27th 2009, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

blackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to all

Hi,

Slightly different situation here. We haven't got PR or anything, our plan is to send hubby out there alone to find job, we have been apply for jobs online with a covering letter saying he will be there within the next couple of months. They seem interested but would probrably be more interested if he was there. I say get on plane and see if that makes a difference.

Dawn X
Old May 27th 2009, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Wellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to allWellington Will is a name known to all

Hi Jo, we were living in Devon before coming out here.

My advice is to be brave. Don't burn bridges or anything, but put stuff in storage ready to go and rent out the house.

Then put on a couple of backpacks and a smile and get the hell out here for a few months at the very least.

You can live cheaply, it will be a great adventure, and you'll probably walk into a job and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Will
Old May 27th 2009, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris
Hi All,

Starting to feel a bit down, now that we have our PR and no sign of a job. I have applied for loads and all are coming back saying no. I have registered with a few recruitment agencies who have told me the market is still very flat and with us being in the UK its going to be difficult to secure a job
I work as a HR Advisor and my hubby works for environmental health as a technical officer (not an environmental health officer though!!)

Sorry everyone dont usually feel sorry for myself but I am today, must be the weather
With you on the weather front, is it as bad in the North as it is this side of the moor? Liquid sunshine as only Devon can do. Thank the lord for fake tan.
I'd give my right arm for PR just now. If (be positive) when we are ready to go, I plan to take myself out to NZ and sell myself whilst OH keeps the home fires burning. Chin up, with PR couldn't you just get any job to tide you over? Good luck x
Old May 27th 2009, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Get your selves out here!!! In the current state of play it's the only way to do it. As someone else said it will be an adventure what ever happens. 'Life is no dress rehersal' and 'we only get one shot at it' and all those other cliches spring to mind. As yourself..what have I to lose by doing what you have suggested? You will see the answer and know what to do. The biggest risk in life is taking NO risks....DO IT!!!!!
Old May 27th 2009, 10:57 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jo, sorry you're feeling down after being elated, some good advice being posted already so wont duplicate. We are going over with no jobs lined up, palnning on renting over there, using some equity in UK property to live on initially before hopefully finding out exactly where we need to be in terms of jobs, favourite areas etc.
Grey, wet days like today are bloody depressing at the best of times so know how you feel ..... but dont give up!!
We are spending the day going through boxes that we've moved around for 15+ years and never needed so lots of tip runs anticipated!! Hopefully one more job to be ticked off of list!
Keep smiling
B
Old May 27th 2009, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MnB
Hi Jo, sorry you're feeling down after being elated, some good advice being posted already so wont duplicate. We are going over with no jobs lined up, palnning on renting over there, using some equity in UK property to live on initially before hopefully finding out exactly where we need to be in terms of jobs, favourite areas etc.
Grey, wet days like today are bloody depressing at the best of times so know how you feel ..... but dont give up!!
We are spending the day going through boxes that we've moved around for 15+ years and never needed so lots of tip runs anticipated!! Hopefully one more job to be ticked off of list!
Keep smiling
B
Thank you for all your kind messages! I think its pretty clear on what we have to do!

Will try to remain postive (and enjoy the liquid sunshine!!)

J x
Old May 27th 2009, 11:18 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Still grey and wet here .... send us some sunshine!!!!

We are in Somerset, just over Devon border so hopefully better weather to come...... pleeaase!!!
B x
Old May 27th 2009, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Feeling down.....

Originally Posted by j19fmm
I plan to take myself out to NZ and sell myself whilst OH keeps the home fires burning.
I know that they say that it is the oldest profession, but is it on the LTSSL?!!
Old May 27th 2009, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sjake
I know that they say that it is the oldest profession, but is it on the LTSSL?!!
Apparently very popular around the K Road in Auckland but I actually meant I would hawk my skills as a primary teacher not sure I'd make much money at the oldest profession....
Old May 27th 2009, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

lianneclark is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

hi, i had friend move to auckland with no jobs in january this year and it took just over 3 months to get a job. Depends really on what you guys do for a living. I would suggest if your able would be to go with enough money to survive for 6-8 months - Its got to be easier to get a job face to face.......
Old May 27th 2009, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

hokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud ofhokeypokey has much to be proud of

Hi - not sure if this piece of info is of any use but here goes anyway... I registered with a recruitment agency and after about 8 months I have now managed to get a job at last. It certainly is not my ideal job but I have had to accept it or risk my PR being declined becuase of issues with the "level" of my qualification (long story for another time!).

Anyway - my advice would be to get the job(s) you want you definitely stand a better chance if you are actually in the country. The recruitment agency I was with put me forward for several vacancies which I was not considered for on the basis of the fact that I am an overseas applicant and not living in the country - this is in an area of long term skills shortage btw.

My hubby still hasnt found a job yet but we arent overly worried becuase we think it will be easier for him to get something once we arrive. Its all just a big adventure for us at the moment - prob wont be so optimistic in a few months when we are eating beans and renting a bedsit but heh hoh! Life's all about the risks isn't it?!?

All the best whatever you decide.
Old May 27th 2009, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Applying for jobs too from U.K. but not getting too far yet. Had a couple of interviews but nothing yet.
Old May 28th 2009, 2:00 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if this link has been posted up before or not, but it might make for some useful reading:

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache...&hl=en&ct=clnk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.