Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Feb: Dunedin - a little bit South

Feb: Dunedin - a little bit South

Old Nov 29th 2023, 5:28 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Feb: Dunedin - a little bit South

We - that means me - are thinking to get down Dunedin way around Feb. After school hols .

There are only two things I am interested in for this :-

1 -Albatross of course, I want to try and see my Tumanako as he has returned for the season.

2 - Aurora australiis possibilities which means accom close to easy viewing area. That means no sodium or other lighting pollution and real dark skies. I mean the stuff of my childhood.

Thoughts please?
Old Dec 4th 2023, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feb: Dunedin - a little bit South

Originally Posted by BEVS
We - that means me - are thinking to get down Dunedin way around Feb. After school hols .

There are only two things I am interested in for this :-

1 -Albatross of course, I want to try and see my Tumanako as he has returned for the season.

2 - Aurora australiis possibilities which means accom close to easy viewing area. That means no sodium or other lighting pollution and real dark skies. I mean the stuff of my childhood.

Thoughts please?
I know you can often see AA from Anderson's bay cemetery
Old Dec 5th 2023, 12:57 am
`

Originally Posted by Justcol
I know you can often see AA from Anderson's bay cemetery
Thanks Col. I did look at that area as a thought. Sounds like it might do the trick.
Old Dec 6th 2023, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I love Dunedin! I haven't been for a long time, the next two years are my time of exploring Nz , so many places I've never been, including the North island. I had planned a trip to Welly in 2020 but covid..

Of course, I'm absolutely no help to you but I'll be following your travels!
Old Dec 7th 2023, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

We will be on SI for a couple of weeks February/March time.
Flying in and out of Nelson and going up to Golden Bay.
Be a shame if you are in Dunedin and we don't get the chance to finally say hello, but that is life.

Final dates yet to be confirmed.
Old Dec 8th 2023, 3:30 am
`

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
We will be on SI for a couple of weeks February/March time.
Flying in and out of Nelson and going up to Golden Bay.
Be a shame if you are in Dunedin and we don't get the chance to finally say hello, but that is life.

Final dates yet to be confirmed.
We can say hello. Would need your dates.

My plan is to be in the Taiaroa Head area well before the adolescent albatross head out . I am hoping to see my Tumanako which may well take several days and visits overall.

Not likely to go down during the schools summer break .