Fantasy Living

Old Dec 17th 2009, 4:27 am
Just Joined

madferret is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Fantasy Living

Just putting a fantasy question out there to all of you ... If you could live anywhere in NZ, if money, job and other boring stuff was no object.... where would it be and why?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 4:54 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fantasy Living

Originally Posted by madferret
Just putting a fantasy question out there to all of you ... If you could live anywhere in NZ, if money, job and other boring stuff was no object.... where would it be and why?
Well, obviously I haven't been to the whole of NZ - but from the other places I've seen I want to live exactly where I am! I love where we are - Tauranga, Bay of Plenty. I love the scenary, I love the beach - which we are fortunate to live very close to, I love the cafes and bars, I love the people, and I am a huge fan of the summer weather! What more could you ask for, a glass of chilled bubbles with friends on the beach in the sun?

I also like the fact that if we do want to go to other places, they are all easily accessible. Hamilton is about an hour away, Auckland 3 hours drive or 30 minutes flight from Tauranga, Rotovegas 40 minutes drive.

We also liked Northland very much when we visited and I haven't been lucky enough to explore the South Island yet - but in all honesty, I've liked most of what I've seen in NZ - but I want to live exactly where I am for now!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 4:55 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

I'm easily pleased as I would stay right where I am
Nelson would come second.
Oops I didn't say why.
Well here we have the most stunning scenery right on our doorstep. I love the water and being out on it. The beaches are to die for and there is some amazing diving and good surfing. We have the best friends you could ask for.
We have land for the dogs to play.
We have no hoons or loud neighbours. In the summer is is glorious.

Nelson cos it had a brilliant vibe/feeling when we stayed there ( for a week!) and the Abel Tasman is right on your doorstep.

Last edited by pixi-dust; Dec 17th 2009 at 4:59 am.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Melbourne
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:13 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

wow nice post
I have been fortunate and spent 4 months traveling NZ OK it was 6 years ago
I like living in Tauranga and the beach at the Mount is great.
The drive to Milford Sound is amazing Queenstown is great Nelson is a nice place.The West Coast Glaciers are amazing. and there is so much more i could fill a page.
My Favorite place would be Arrowtown Why ? The view of The remarkable,s is well remarkable, and you are close to Queenstown
you have Lake Hayes to swim in and you can pan for gold in the Arrow river
a beautiful place
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:31 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't been there yet but the Coromandel seems to have a good press. Fairly laid back - pituresque, lush, good beaches & not over populated - but probably full of grockles and caravans in summer.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:58 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Can i have a Second and possibley a Third choice ?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

seriously, i like auckland for the crowds
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Where are you , for how long, how long before that and why?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Hamilton or CHCH.

Why? sooooooo Beautiful and FLAT - Surely NOthing like Welly - No horribly windy or hilly.
- I mean the landscape - personally I DO NOT WANT TO LIVE BESIDE the SEASIDE..if I have a choice. It's bad for your skin (complexion). getting rough as time goes by.

Last edited by crap coffee; Dec 17th 2009 at 10:40 am.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

I would live in Welly in a hearbeat and drink coffee and ride the trains wear great shoes, be a policy analyst and feel fabulous.

Or I could stay here in Auckland cos I do really like it here but move to ...maybe waiheke, maybe Muriwai, or actually...just a sea view in Blockhouse Bay
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pricklykina
I would live in Welly in a hearbeat and drink coffee and ride the trains wear great shoes, be a policy analyst and feel fabulous.

yeah, coffee is one thing eh.

It can be good if you have a good job in Welly but I always wish the weather was less cold, and less windy.. whenever I visit auckland, always tell myself, damn, wish Welly was warmer.. yeah, auckland weather is so fab but I really do not want to live here... sad..

Last edited by crap coffee; Dec 17th 2009 at 10:45 am.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Fantasy Living

Ah but cc...this is a fantasy...so therefore wellington is not bleedin cold...and bleedin windy and the wellingtonians are only wearing fabulous coats cos they love them and not because they're freezing their wahzoos off
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:22 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Travelled round NZ 9 years ago and fell in love with whole country but was blown away by Nelson and knew this was where we wanted to be.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pricklykina
Ah but cc...this is a fantasy...so therefore wellington is not bleedin cold...and bleedin windy and the wellingtonians are only wearing fabulous coats cos they love them and not because they're freezing their wahzoos off
What are we doing here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.