Family Allowance?

Old May 20th 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Family Allowance?

What happens to your Family Allowance you get in the UK?

We will be coming over on a WTR, so we will not be PR. Does this mean we can still claim the Allowance from the UK? If so, how will this be paid?

Cheers
Old May 20th 2007, 9:16 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Allowance?

Originally Posted by garryhg
What happens to your Family Allowance you get in the UK?

We will be coming over on a WTR, so we will not be PR. Does this mean we can still claim the Allowance from the UK? If so, how will this be paid?

Cheers

Not a 100% sure on this but think you may have to forfeit it for the time you are in NZ. Give them a ring.

They stopped mine straight away when they were informed but I know that some expats are still being paid despite contacting them on more than one ocassion (lucky buggers!!)
Old May 21st 2007, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Not a 100% sure on this but think you may have to forfeit it for the time you are in NZ. Give them a ring.

They stopped mine straight away when they were informed but I know that some expats are still being paid despite contacting them on more than one ocassion (lucky buggers!!)
They will stop paying when they find out you no longer live in UK. Meanwhile you will be paid, probably for a long time to come. FillYaBoots and think of all the money the government has taken from you, petrol taxes especially !
Old May 21st 2007, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
They will stop paying when they find out you no longer live in UK. Meanwhile you will be paid, probably for a long time to come. FillYaBoots and think of all the money the government has taken from you, petrol taxes especially !
sorry, I have to say that I find that pretty rough, all the time I hear on the NZ forum that the UK is on decline, that people take money for doing nothing and that there is a big problem with immigrants taking ££££ etc...... so to say take money that is not due for you despite leaving the country is just adding to that problem!!! Its often one of the reasons people give on here for leaving the UK.....!!!! and there are people living, working in NZ wanting and taking money from the UK!!! Shame on you (I don't mean you BrusselsSprout) I mean those taking money that is not theirs and then complaining bitterly about the state of the UK....
Old May 21st 2007, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah

They were a pain in the @rse.... we rang them several times before leaving. They carried on paying into my bank account, we have just had yet another bill from them and have just paid it back to them. If theyd sorted it in the first place and listened to us that wouldnt have happened.
Old May 21st 2007, 9:35 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lexylou
sorry, I have to say that I find that pretty rough, all the time I hear on the NZ forum that the UK is on decline, that people take money for doing nothing and that there is a big problem with immigrants taking ££££ etc...... so to say take money that is not due for you despite leaving the country is just adding to that problem!!! Its often one of the reasons people give on here for leaving the UK.....!!!! and there are people living, working in NZ wanting and taking money from the UK!!! Shame on you (I don't mean you BrusselsSprout) I mean those taking money that is not theirs and then complaining bitterly about the state of the UK....
I think you are a bit confused Lexylou, let me help you.

In the UK, Fake asylum seekers TAKE government MONEY.

In NZ, Skilled migrants RECEIVE the CREDITS that they are entitled to.

Hope that clears things up for you.
Old May 21st 2007, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid

In NZ, Skilled migrants RECIEVE the CREDITS that they are entitled to

ok that clears it up for me really well. Thank you Avid...so maybe I should just 'fill my boots' with benefits that I am not supposed to get too then?
Old May 21st 2007, 9:49 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

ok that clears it up for me really well. Thank you Avid...so maybe I should just 'fill my boots' with benefits that I am not supposed to get too then?
You used to live in NZ, didn't you? PM me your address and I'll pop into the Post Office tomorrow and get some claim forms for you. I'm sure 'not actually living in a country but wanting to claim its benefits' is just a legal technicality.

I'm going to phone the Japanese Embassy and ask if my ten years of tax-paying in Tokyo can be converted into some kind of pension for me in NZ.

Old May 21st 2007, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

You used to live in NZ, didn't you? PM me your address and I'll pop into the Post Office tomorrow and get some claim forms for you. I'm sure 'not actually living in a country but wanting to claim its benefits' is just a legal technicality.

I'm going to phone the Japanese Embassy and ask if my ten years of tax-paying in Tokyo can be converted into some kind of pension for me in NZ.

Great, that sounds wonderful. I could use all the money to go on holiday. Hey I might even put it towards coming to NZ!

You must be due some big pay out from the UK government by now ? no? you do qualify it seems as you live out of the UK and are currently 'skilled' and living in NZ. I could arrange it for you if you like?
Old May 21st 2007, 9:56 am

Great, that sounds wonderful. I could use all the money to go on holiday. Hey I might even put it towards coming to NZ!

You must be due some big pay out from the UK government by now ? no? you do qualify it seems as you live out of the UK and are currently 'skilled' and living in NZ. I could arrange it for you if you like?
That's kind of you, but I'm ok at the moment. 'Where do I get them to send the benefit cheques when I leave the country'? has entered my 'Top Ten
Interesting Questions Asked on a Message Board'

The number one (asked on a message board in Japan) which I swear on kippers life was a genuine question...

Do I have to be married to get a spouse visa?
Old May 21st 2007, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

That's kind of you, but I'm ok at the moment. 'Where do I get them to send the benefit cheques when I leave the country'? has entered my 'Top Ten
Interesting Questions Asked on a Message Board'

The number one (asked on a message board in Japan) which I swear on kippers life was a genuine question...

Do I have to be married to get a spouse visa?

you must be posh, rich and educated that you don't need your UK government hand out. Maybe i can have yours?
Old May 21st 2007, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

In NZ, Skilled migrants RECEIVE the CREDITS that they are entitled to.

Hi Avid..........

Just to try and get back on track!!!! Does this mean We will be entitled to benefits in NZ?
Old May 21st 2007, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garryhg
Hi Avid..........

Just to try and get back on track!!!! Does this mean We will be entitled to benefits in NZ?

As far as I am aware NO, unless you have PR.
Gill
Old May 21st 2007, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
As far as I am aware NO, unless you have PR.
Gill
looks like you'll have to leave the kids behind, then...
Old May 21st 2007, 4:15 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

you must be posh, rich and educated that you don't need your UK government hand out. Maybe i can have yours?
Wrong! Rich maybe, but IMO it's the uneducated chavs (best word I could think of for the opposite of posh!) that can afford not to take these things. The educated posh folk are the ones that are worse of every year when the Budget is announced and need help! Isn't that so?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.