Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A Face to a name - if you're brave enough!!!

A Face to a name - if you're brave enough!!!

Old May 27th 2005, 11:00 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Face to a name - if you're brave enough!!!

[QUOTE=sunshine_and_rain]
Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
Good Morning all, glad to see a few more faces but - still should be a few more here I reckon. Here are my 2 children - on their way to a birthday party:

and one of my favourites of my beautiful wee girl,

Awww...what a little cutie pie.....
Old May 27th 2005, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

OK Heres me 2years ago on the way to a horse show...I was 4 months preggy too...surprised the jacket still fitted! This is the beautiful horse I am having to leave behind
Attached Thumbnails A Face to a name - if you're brave enough!!!-dcp_0876.jpg  
Old May 27th 2005, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Oopppss... my first time posting a pic...I didnt expect it to be that small!!
Old May 27th 2005, 11:12 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
Don't worry Sarah, when we click on it, it comes up real big...lovely house behind you btw....
Old May 27th 2005, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry its okay when you click on it.

My sister is horse crazy. She used to run a riding school in Oz (years ago). I have had two horses (well ponies really). My sister now does riding for the disabled in Somerset, driving carriages etc. She's been in a few costume dramas for the beeb as well.

Are you taking your horse to NZ? I think I remember you asking about it. I reckon that would cost an arm and a leg :scared: It would be hard to ride with only one of each left

Regards
Old May 27th 2005, 11:23 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debs70
Once again, lovely kids.. am so jealous of your little girl.. I'm lumbered with two lads, I'm not ungrateful because I know I'm lucky but I JUST WANT ONE IN A DRESS LIKE THAT!! must try for another (ps: Will's hair is so long and curly now that I'm always asked whether he's a boy or girl )

Where's Pinkie?!
Agrees what beautiful children indeed. Like you Debs I only had sons too but it was no bother to me cos only ever wanted boys. Did however end up with a lovely grandaughter which was lovely but made me realise I was meant to be the Mother of boys, just dont have the patience that little girls require. Love spending time with my grandaughter but at 7 shes already fashion mad & totally addicted on shoes, sure I sprout a few more grey hairs every minute I spend with her . Shes an angel & I love her dearly but also enjoy seeing her drive away with her Dad too
Old May 27th 2005, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

No he isnt going to NZ with us...hes better off here with my friend.

The house is beautiful....it was next to the livery yard where he lived. It was pretty run down but has now been totally reburbished and its gorgeous. The estate who own it rent it out now. Theres beautiful countryside round there too...it was great for riding.

I will get another horse in NZ once we are settled....I'm getting fat and lazy now I'm not riding.
Old May 27th 2005, 11:35 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

No he isnt going to NZ with us...hes better off here with my friend.

The house is beautiful....it was next to the livery yard where he lived. It was pretty run down but has now been totally reburbished and its gorgeous. The estate who own it rent it out now. Theres beautiful countryside round there too...it was great for riding.

I will get another horse in NZ once we are settled....I'm getting fat and lazy now I'm not riding.
Your horse looks lovely. I can imagine how hard it will be for you to leave behind but at least you know your leaving it with someone you can trust etc.
Please forgive my ignorance but I honestly didnt know horse riding was good for ones weight
Old May 27th 2005, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Its a great muscle toner....have you ever ridden and said OUCH afterwards hehe... its not just the riding its all the other little jobs that go with it....even doing poo patrol in the field helps keep you fit!!
Old May 27th 2005, 11:47 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shepslady
Your horse looks lovely. I can imagine how hard it will be for you to leave behind but at least you know your leaving it with someone you can trust etc.
Please forgive my ignorance but I honestly didnt know horse riding was good for ones weight
My sister-in-law (Sega's sister) has a horse called Beryl, she's lovely. As for the son/daughter thing, I'm so glad I had girls there's something about being able to relate to your daughters. Today it was 28 degrees Celsius and there were loads of girls my eldest daughter's age (14+) wearing skirts that left little to the imagination. I feel hypocritical judging these girls as I used to hitch my skirt up at school and wore skirts that had less material in them than a handkerchief. Funnily enough, I got most attention when I was modestly dressed. I would usually get whistles and remarks when I wore short skirts (sorry folks, this is a different thread entirely, I'll leave this one here). Georgina looked so pretty today in her summer dress and sunglasses and sandals, I look at her and I think 'I'm so glad I had a girl'. I just love 'em. Alex is a delightful boy but it's girls for me every time. I'll go to bed now, I've gotta work tomorrow.

Phyl
Old May 27th 2005, 11:59 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by 80s Chick
My sister-in-law (Sega's sister) has a horse called Beryl, she's lovely. As for the son/daughter thing, I'm so glad I had girls there's something about being able to relate to your daughters. Today it was 28 degrees Celsius and there were loads of girls my eldest daughter's age (14+) wearing skirts that left little to the imagination. I feel hypocritical judging these girls as I used to hitch my skirt up at school and wore skirts that had less material in them than a handkerchief. Funnily enough, I got most attention when I was modestly dressed. I would usually get whistles and remarks when I wore short skirts (sorry folks, this is a different thread entirely, I'll leave this one here). Georgina looked so pretty today in her summer dress and sunglasses and sandals, I look at her and I think 'I'm so glad I had a girl'. I just love 'em. Alex is a delightful boy but it's girls for me every time. I'll go to bed now, I've gotta work tomorrow.

Phyl
Nite Nite Chick...

will get Himself to take impossibly gorgeous photos of us all this weekend on his
massively expensive digeridooda camera that I got him for xmas that none of us
can use...!!!!at impossilby gorgeous locations and post them for you all to see.....

other than that it will be scanned in Kodak Brownie Pictures from years ago!!!
Old May 28th 2005, 12:02 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Its a great muscle toner....have you ever ridden and said OUCH afterwards hehe... its not just the riding its all the other little jobs that go with it....even doing poo patrol in the field helps keep you fit!!
Keeping in mind I am now in my late 40's & havent ridden a horse since my teens, I did forget about the aches & pains after a long day riding horses. Guess your right about the muscle tone etc & I never had to do all the hard work around the stables either so can now understand what your talking about
Old May 28th 2005, 1:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by shepslady
Keeping in mind I am now in my late 40's & havent ridden a horse since my teens, I did forget about the aches & pains after a long day riding horses. Guess your right about the muscle tone etc & I never had to do all the hard work around the stables either so can now understand what your talking about
Ahh the joys of of being 'saddle sore' , the inability to walk the aches, the pains. I was press ganged into going riding with the gang from my sister's riding school. I went. I fell off at the flat gallop. One moment there was a horse beneath me and the wind whistling in my ears. Then I looked down.....no horse... only big thistles and gravity. I had thousands of tiny spikes embedded in my buttocks precluding any chances of ever being seated again. I walked ( limped ) back to the stables with a MASSIVE dent in my pride and an incredibly sore arse. You should get back into the saddle immediately everyone said. I couldn't even sit on a dining chair for at least two days. Not until all the little shards of thistle were removed from my bum.

.......oh the joys of Horsemanship........

Regards
Old May 28th 2005, 1:23 am
Account Closed

I shal dig out some photos tomorrow. I have to scan them before I canpost them so please be patient.

Off to bed now

Night night ........yawn..........
Old May 28th 2005, 2:16 am
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice

Here's me in the morning...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.