Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A Face to a name - if you're brave enough!!!

A Face to a name - if you're brave enough!!!

Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:28 am
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice
Default Re: A Face to a name - if you're brave enough!!!

Originally Posted by Sega Mad
Interesting looking instrument the Backpacker, but definitely one for the hippies. By all accounts it can sound rather tinny and, I think, is a downward turn for Martin. Martin guitars were always such fine and warm sounding instruments and it seems a shame to produce this instrument which is more about portability than quality of sound (that being the prime requisite for a musical instrument). If I want portability I think I'll stick with the Ukelele.

I wouldn't mind getting hold of a Chapman Stick though. That is a beautiful thing

Regards

Ali

PS My old strat will never be sold - like I would sell my arms!!!

Yes I first saw the Stick being played by Tony Levin at a Bruce Cockburn concert, up at Ronnie Scotts. Amazing. One of these days... for now I'll stick to my Steinberger.

I think the Backpacker is only any good with a pickup... they sound a lot better amplified. I used to have a Martin Dreadnought which was a fine guitar (D35...??? can't remember). I think the Backpackers are made elsewhere too.

One instrument I would like to acquire is an Ashbory bass. Interesting instrument, that. A little more accessible than a Stick.

Cheers,

Simon
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 2:53 pm
Banned

kiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nicekiwijetpilot is just really nice

OK then seeing as how Don has wimped out via the "getting banned" method, I no longer have an excuse for not putting up a photo. If he comes back, you all have to get on his case for a photo!

This is the only one I can find of me - I usually take the photos. it's a little old. I'm the git in the middle, at the back. The rest of them are my loyal crew, who always kept me supplied with coffee and danishes. They are all Edinburgh folk.

Pinkie has promised to put one up now, so everybody give her a hard time until she does!!!

Last edited by kiwijetpilot; Jun 22nd 2005 at 3:01 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 3:09 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwijetpilot
OK then seeing as how Don has wimped out via the "getting banned" method, I no longer have an excuse for not putting up a photo. If he comes back, you all have to get on his case for a photo!

This is the only one I can find of me - I usually take the photos. it's a little old. I'm the git in the middle, at the back. The rest of them are my loyal crew, who always kept me supplied with coffee and danishes. They are all Edinburgh folk.

Pinkie has promised to put one up now, so everybody give her a hard time until she does!!!

Nice Shades!

Pinkie! Pinkie! Pinkie!
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 3:23 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy
Nice Shades!

Pinkie! Pinkie! Pinkie!
Should've gone to Specsavers!!! :scared: :scared:

Here I am...!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 3:38 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie

Here I am...!!!
OK who is that really...???
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 4:19 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

OK who is that really...???
Its me you silly old fool!!! Go to bed - its the middle of the night!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 5:06 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent to get a piccie of you at last. Even tried to send ya some deserved Karma but I have to "spread it around a bit" before I can give ya any more.

Well done Simon you are now a full member of the elite 'Mugshot Fraternity'.

Dashing uniform!

Kind Regards
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 5:11 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Here I am...!!!
We're still waiting! Caroline Pinkie Pants

Can't fool us with that one - surely you must be loads prettier than that!!
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 5:48 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by Sega Mad
We're still waiting! Caroline Pinkie Pants

Can't fool us with that one - surely you must be loads prettier than that!!
Awww, Ali that's so sweet...I think I prefer me in my blonde moments - like this!!

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Its me you silly old fool!!! Go to bed - its the middle of the night!!!

Come on - photo PINKIE - no excuses - tis time......
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 8:49 pm
Don't let me get me....

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
Come on - photo PINKIE - no excuses - tis time......
Oh alright then Shellie, just for you....

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 8:59 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh alright then Shellie, just for you....

Oh what a tease.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 9:00 pm
Don't let me get me....

Oh what a tease.
Trust me Biddy...I'm ugly as sin and don't want to frighten anyone off - unlike Simon who posted his picture with no thought for others!!! LOL
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 9:02 pm
Give us a kiss

Trust me Biddy...I'm ugly as sin and don't want to frighten anyone off - unlike Simon who posted his picture with no thought for others!!! LOL

How bout choosing someone other than Pink then - she scares me! :scared:
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 9:18 pm
Don't let me get me....

How bout choosing someone other than Pink then - she scares me! :scared:
Ya big Jessie...she's just like me...hard on the outside - soft on the inside....

bit like an......

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Jun 22nd 2005 at 9:23 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.