Reload this Page >

Exporting Dog to New Zealand

Exporting Dog to New Zealand

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

reccabella is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Exporting Dog to New Zealand

Hi,
Im moving over to Chch in December and wnt to get my dog sent over a few months later but Its really difficult to figure out what vaccinations he has to have. Ive looked at the defra website and pet travel agency sites but they all seem to say different things.
I wondered if anyone had been through the process and what they had to do and which vaccinations your dog needed?
Thanks!
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 2:40 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Exporting Dog to New Zealand

Originally Posted by reccabella
Hi,
Im moving over to Chch in December and wnt to get my dog sent over a few months later but Its really difficult to figure out what vaccinations he has to have. Ive looked at the defra website and pet travel agency sites but they all seem to say different things.
I wondered if anyone had been through the process and what they had to do and which vaccinations your dog needed?
Thanks!
Hi, have a look around this thread in the Australia forum, it's got loads of info on it:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315019

We're going with Golden Arrow, they send you all the bumph about vaccinations as well.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 4:13 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

If you use Golden Arrow they will give you a list of what needs done and the timescale required. Start to finish is about 6 weeks and you must have your dog microchipped. Like you we left our dog here and sent him over 7 weeks after we landed. If you search under my name I have contributed to both the OZ and NZ forums on pet export. Anything else just ask.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 8:35 am
Just Joined

herneschase is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We are currently taking two dogs over a black GSD and lab. It is very expensive. We spent a lot of time researching and decided that the easiest route was to go for a turn key solution. Golden Arrow in Shrops offer an excellent service. They sort all the paperwork - permits and tests.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by reccabella
Hi,
Thanks!