Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Excited but apprehensive

Excited but apprehensive

Old Jun 23rd 2007, 10:18 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Excited but apprehensive

Originally Posted by garryhg
hi glad to see someone else as apprehensive as us were going out mid july oh has job in aukland,we have 2 kids 13,and 6 there both looking forward to this but has cost us a lot in bribery too.e mailed the schools tyo make them aware of us coming over,theyve replied so thats fine, my problem now is how the hell im going to be on the flight,have to take valium to go to majorca thats only two and half hours from us..any suggestions
Ask your school nicely and they may put together some kind of condensed report for you to hand over at your new school. The new schools will also want confirmation of innoculations so try amd make sure you have those with you too.
Karen B
Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

We have 3 younger kids 10,9 and 3 and they have all settled well. My 10 year old was not a bit sporty in the UK but loves it here. We just kept talking to them, telling them why we were moving, what we hoped to achieve by moving etc.
We planned to live nearer the city but live in Porirua and Danny commutes to Welly for work (20 minutes). We found that we got more house for our money out here and we live in a lovely community with some really good friends around us.
The kids have a much more independant lifestyle here which has certainly sold the place to them.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Good luck to all those with children!

Glad mine are only 7 and 4, although I think my 7 year old boy will still find it hard to settle in. He is a real homebody and likes his routine! My daughter will be fine, she is far more sociable. A bit too much really, she should be on stage!