EWRB Questions

Old Jul 8th 2013, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Olza23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EWRB Questions

Hi all, Just have a few questions would love it if you could help out!

I am a fully qualified Electrical Tradesperson, Have completed my 4 Year Advanced Apprenticeship, Have NVQ Level 3, ONC and HNC respectively...

I have had a look at the EWRB and I think that I have found the correct form, its titled:

(Overseas Applicants) Registration/Registration certificate/Practising License application.

The cost for this registration fee is $597 I think! This is a combination of $190 2 year practising license and $407 for the certificat and registration. This is fine, I have records of all my certificates and can get references easy.

More questions though! There is a checklist on the form which asks for:

1 - Have I paid the fees (no problem there)

2 - Attatched any required certified copes of certificates (or completed EWRB Exams) - Do I need to pay for these exams? I have copies of all my Apprenticeship certificates, college documents, the works. Also do I need to have these signed by anybody to prove their validity? By whom?

3 - Attatched employer work experience reference(s) - I have seen on some threads on this site about templates that people may have - are they sasved anywhere?

4 - Completed all safety training. Such a vague statement!! Is this training over in the UK or in NZ? I have certificates to say I have attended first aid training etc etc is this what they mean?

I am just wondering if anyone has any saved templates for work references? It would be much appreciated!!

Last edited by Olza23; Jul 8th 2013 at 7:38 pm. Reason: Another question..
Old Jul 9th 2013, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EWRB Questions

Originally Posted by Olza23
Hi all, Just have a few questions would love it if you could help out!

I am a fully qualified Electrical Tradesperson, Have completed my 4 Year Advanced Apprenticeship, Have NVQ Level 3, ONC and HNC respectively...

I have had a look at the EWRB and I think that I have found the correct form, its titled:

(Overseas Applicants) Registration/Registration certificate/Practising License application.

The cost for this registration fee is $597 I think! This is a combination of $190 2 year practising license and $407 for the certificat and registration. This is fine, I have records of all my certificates and can get references easy.

More questions though! There is a checklist on the form which asks for:

1 - Have I paid the fees (no problem there)

2 - Attatched any required certified copes of certificates (or completed EWRB Exams) - Do I need to pay for these exams? I have copies of all my Apprenticeship certificates, college documents, the works. Also do I need to have these signed by anybody to prove their validity? By whom?

If the EWRB assess your credentials and determine that you need to take another study course, yes you will have to pay for it but probably only once you have come to NZ as I doubt what they will ask for can be done in the UK. If I remember correctly there is a requirement to have a recent health & safety course under your belt as well as a CPR course and there is a contact in the UK who can do this. May be able to find this if you need it.
All your copies must be certified. So take the original certificate and a copy along to a solicitor / JP and have them sign it. They write a specific declaration statement on the copy and sign / date it with their professional designation. You have to pay for this maybe 5 quid per item!!! Good if you know a solicitor as you'd get it free like we did. There are other people who can do it - maybe google it as I think senior policemen, clergy can ?

3 - Attatched employer work experience reference(s) - I have seen on some threads on this site about templates that people may have - are they sasved anywhere?
Not seen any templates for this

4 - Completed all safety training. Such a vague statement!! Is this training over in the UK or in NZ? I have certificates to say I have attended first aid training etc etc is this what they mean?
Think so yes, but they are looking for current attendance - like within the last year

I am just wondering if anyone has any saved templates for work references? It would be much appreciated!!
Sorry no. All my work references were done directly between my employer and my ex managers via phone/email so never seen anything like a written reference

See above - cheers
Old Jul 9th 2013, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Olza23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EWRB Questions

Escapsetonz:

Hiya the only reason I ask for work reference template is because I'm sure that I've read on this forum that people needed their employers to almost have an hours total of the work that they done? Was keen to see how somebody else managed this.

I think that I will give them a call tonight when they are open.

I'm gonna have fun sorting out all of these documents!!!