Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Every day someone in NZ bowls me over

Every day someone in NZ bowls me over

Old Aug 13th 2013, 8:07 am
Account Closed

MrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to all
Default Every day someone in NZ bowls me over

Having spent the last god knows how many years moaning about the majority of people in the UK (sweeping statement i mean SE England) , no one talking everyone moody. etc etc etc

I can honestly say in the last few weeks I have had so much help and advice and friendly support from people in NZ that I have never even met!

I am sure as I am excited i am seeing things through rose tinted glasses but from a crazy kiwi couple we met for 2 days on our honeymoon who have offered us their parents and families homes when we first arrive to the HR central authority HRINZ emailing me with so much career advice and just advice in general, to a chap in Timaru who I found on AirBnB who has given my husband and I an almighty discount to stay in his wee studio apt for a few weeks, to everyone on here with all their support ..... I must be in a good mood today this doesnt happen often working in London I am one grumpy so and so , I thought I would embrace it and share my excitedness with you all

Long may it continue.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 8:20 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Every day someone in NZ bowls me over

Well, you've had a really good start. Long may it continue for you.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 8:36 am
Account Closed

MrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to all

Hi Snap Shot x Thank you - although haven't started job hunting thats when the not so much fun will start hey.

I have just been reading about your struggles with the job market, please don't take this as patronising in anyway but having been an HR Manager for what feels like forever I have done a lot of recruiting - would you like me to have a quick look at your CV and see if there is anything I can help you with? Just a thought sometimes a completely fresh pair of eyes helps. Happy to debrief on any interviews you've had if that would help too? Up to you but happy to offer any advice I can x

Sarah
Old Aug 13th 2013, 8:54 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

That's very kind of you Sarah, a genuine offer, thanks. You've pretty much got hands (and head) full of your own administration presently. I'll e-mail my cv to you and a synopsis of my job search to date so far if you wish.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Aug 13th 2013 at 9:05 am. Reason: my husband said that's nice, a genuine offer of help