Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

EOI points for Work Experience

EOI points for Work Experience

Old Nov 27th 2009, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all
Default EOI points for Work Experience

Hi all

I am currently applying for work through health recruitment agency and waiting to hear if am successful for phone interview and beyond

However I am keen to get the ball rolling with regards to submitting EOI/ITA etc. At the mo according to the points calculator I can reach 105 points (IF) and here is my question I am eligible to claim for work experience.

I have only been in my current job for just over a year (midwife) however my three year training required me to be physically working and doing shifts
(50% academic and 50% work based) to enable me to qualify.

Therefore can I rightly claim points on my EOI for work experience of 2-4 years????

With any luck once I am hopefully able to secure a job offer points should not be an issue. Am just itching to get things moving

thanks for any suggestions
xx
Old Nov 27th 2009, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI points for Work Experience

Originally Posted by louloumama
Hi all

I am currently applying for work through health recruitment agency and waiting to hear if am successful for phone interview and beyond

However I am keen to get the ball rolling with regards to submitting EOI/ITA etc. At the mo according to the points calculator I can reach 105 points (IF) and here is my question I am eligible to claim for work experience.

I have only been in my current job for just over a year (midwife) however my three year training required me to be physically working and doing shifts
(50% academic and 50% work based) to enable me to qualify.

Therefore can I rightly claim points on my EOI for work experience of 2-4 years????

With any luck once I am hopefully able to secure a job offer points should not be an issue. Am just itching to get things moving

thanks for any suggestions
xx
I doubt that they will count the work-based hours as part of your midwifery training in your work experience. I know I didn't claim for any time during my training. I'm sure you will be snapped up as just like the UK there's a real shortage of midwives. So you shouldn't need those points anyway. Good luck. I'd stick your EOI in now anyway. May as well get things moving.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all

Thanks Vitalstatistix, Yes I am keen to get things moving and just stick in the EOI but without (at the mo) a job offer my points are coming out at under 100.

If I claim (which i am sure as you say i can't really do) for the work experience that then still only gives me 105 points....... by the seat of my pants!!!!!

I don't want to fill anything in on my application form that I can't rightly claim for and then get thrown out of the pool ...... However if we were then successful enough to get our ITA I may well by then have managed to secure a job offer which would then see me home and dry ????

Oh what a bloomin predicament !!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 7:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for not getting back to this sooner. Where are you looking for a job? I seem to remember that you were looking on the South Island. Would you be interested in Gisbourne on the Nth Island at all?

There are midwifery jobs going there. The reason I recommend it is that Sandra Walsh (used to be high up in the RCM & has written a few articles for the RCM journal etc.) works there. As midwifery educator there (she has just 'retired' from the role but will work casually as a madwife) she has helped to introduce various standards & brought about more research-based care at the hospital. She was trying to get me over there but OH's job is Auckland based.

Anyways you can find the jobs on www.zest4life.co.nz

HTH
Old Dec 4th 2009, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Vitalstatistix for your info - yes your right am looking on the South Island ..... waiting with to hear from Marlborough DHB . Gisborne we hadn't considered as am def thinking South Is for us.

Re the EOI, have decided to bide my time and wait for job offer when it comes .......hopefully

watch this space !!!
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by louloumama
Thanks Vitalstatistix for your info - yes your right am looking on the South Island ..... waiting with to hear from Marlborough DHB . Gisborne we hadn't considered as am def thinking South Is for us.

Re the EOI, have decided to bide my time and wait for job offer when it comes .......hopefully

watch this space !!!
Good luck