Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Enjoying the Billy Connolly DVD

Enjoying the Billy Connolly DVD

Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:08 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Enjoying the Billy Connolly DVD

And as much as I love Billy Connolly's stand-up, I wish there were less of it... his commentary is fascinating! Just heard about a seminary where 3 people ended up topping themselves, that's now a winery... and he's on the Bay of Plenty now. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

I'm so ****ing excited to go to NZ in April!!!!!!!!

Moving there pretty much depends on hubby liking the live music scene around Wellington... he's been in the Blues scene for... gosh, nearly 2 decades now in the Chicago area.

Anyone?
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:16 am
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all
Default Re: Enjoying the Billy Connolly DVD

Originally Posted by Maz
And as much as I love Billy Connolly's stand-up, I wish there were less of it... his commentary is fascinating! Just heard about a seminary where 3 people ended up topping themselves, that's now a winery... and he's on the Bay of Plenty now. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

Moving there pretty much depends on hubby liking the live music scene around Wellington... he's been in the Blues scene for... gosh, nearly 2 decades now in the Chicago area.

Anyone?
blues scene? Dont think there is one, but I would be keen to start a blues band.

I was just tinkering on the guitar. does he like floyd?
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Maz

Anyone?
OH is a rocknroller from the 60's - latterly into jazz guitar/piano - will find out about blues ....
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:31 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
OH is a rocknroller from the 60's - latterly into jazz guitar/piano - will find out about blues ....
Thanks CITS!

Dirk... Floyd isn't so bluesy. Think more Kinsey Report, Robert Cray, that kind of thing.

Would really be interested to know, as that might end up being our make-or-break...
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:34 am
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Maz
Thanks CITS!

Dirk... Floyd isn't so bluesy. Think more Kinsey Report, Robert Cray, that kind of thing.

Would really be interested to know, as that might end up being our make-or-break...

There is a burgeoning live music scene in wellington. There is usually a live band somewhere. Loads of NZ bands have come from Welly. Fat Freddies drop are a fantastic local band.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dirk1971
blues scene? Dont think there is one, but I would be keen to start a blues band.

I was just tinkering on the guitar. does he like floyd?
The CottageintheSky Family - we have a drummer, 2 guitarists, 2 piano/keyboard players - had a great time with a pub covers band back in the good old UK - sounds as though we need to have a serious jam session in Wellington!
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:51 am
Maz

Thanks you two! I hate to badger you, but are there a lot of open jam sessions in Welly? Hubby used to host one for a few years, and the guy that played our wedding, a good friend of hubby's, runs the open jam at Buddy Guy's Legends every 2 weeks, and has played with Koko Taylor etc. etc... I just don't want him to feel isolated!

Maybe he'll be a pioneer?...
Old Dec 20th 2006, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maz
Thanks you two! I hate to badger you, but are there a lot of open jam sessions in Welly? Hubby used to host one for a few years, and the guy that played our wedding, a good friend of hubby's, runs the open jam at Buddy Guy's Legends every 2 weeks, and has played with Koko Taylor etc. etc... I just don't want him to feel isolated!

Maybe he'll be a pioneer?...
OH's eyes lit up at the name Buddy Guy!!

I'm not a musician - more sports orientated - taught myself to play the piano a couple of years ago as a Christmas present for OH, though - so have to shuttle between those that know... Wellington is a very arts-orientated city - there is a vibrancy here - even if the blues scene is naive, there will be a pioneer role for him
Old Dec 20th 2006, 6:01 am
Maz

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
OH's eyes lit up at the name Buddy Guy!!

I'm not a musician - more sports orientated - taught myself to play the piano a couple of years ago as a Christmas present for OH, though - so have to shuttle between those that know... Wellington is a very arts-orientated city - there is a vibrancy here - even if the blues scene is naive, there will be a pioneer role for him
What instrument does your hubby play? Mine plays lead guitar and sings. Let's find a jam session together in April!
Old Dec 20th 2006, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maz
What instrument does your hubby play? Mine plays lead guitar and sings. Let's find a jam session together in April!
Sounds - no pun intended - good! OH played lead guitar and sang in 60's - voice has "dropped" since then Plays guitar/piano/keyboard. Roll on, or rocknroll on, April!! Or, ... ain't it a shame...
Old Dec 20th 2006, 9:47 am
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz

Anyone?

Hey hun - you won it then ???
Old Dec 20th 2006, 12:50 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Hey hun - you won it then ???
Not really. I was sneaky and contacted the seller. We arranged a "Buy It Now!" deal instead. I got it for less than I had bid for. Yay!
Old Dec 20th 2006, 1:21 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Not really. I was sneaky and contacted the seller. We arranged a "Buy It Now!" deal instead. I got it for less than I had bid for. Yay!
Clever lady - well aren't we all

I still need to buy ours - you enjoying it?
Old Dec 20th 2006, 1:34 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Clever lady - well aren't we all

I still need to buy ours - you enjoying it?
Yep! I watched episodes 3-8 last night... stayed up quite late. Tired today!
Old Dec 20th 2006, 1:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Maz
Yep! I watched episodes 3-8 last night... stayed up quite late. Tired today!

Ahhh hun - early to bed with you tonight then - you party girl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.