Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Emotional at leaving the Uk. Why !!!

Emotional at leaving the Uk. Why !!!

Old Nov 12th 2010, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emotional at leaving the Uk. Why !!!

Originally Posted by bevissa65
Bloody hell! Thank God I live here I have a very pleasant 10 minute stroll to work Bevissa
Ditto what bevissa says!
Old Nov 13th 2010, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Stormer999
All of you understandably emotional UK leavers have my total support as I soon want to join your ranks.... To help you cheer up whilst waiting for your plane to transport you to foreign shores I will give you a glimpse at what you will be missing.......
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11676437
Lessons on how to get off a crowded train.......
.........and yes it is England......
Aaaaah a couple of months ago that was us.....nostalgic for that? I think not!! It's funny how normal that situation was for us but looking at it now gives me the shudders.

I now have a beautiful 20 minute cycle ride in every day
Old Nov 16th 2010, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice

I cried when I had one last look round our old home, but then I remembered how lucky we were to sell it and get all our equity back. And our temporary home is in the country with a wonderful view rather than in Coatbridge looking at a fence!

We fly out in March, and I can totally understand how everyone is feeling. I have the odd moment when I think "We are mad to be doing this" and I get really emotional when I see my wee nephew or I'm drinking wine with my 2 best mates.

I don't know what I'm going to and if I can replicate that - that's what's hard. But I really know I don't want to stay.

Our wedding is going to be emotional, but I'm prepared for that. I am such a soppy old sod, but it's part of the process of saying goodbye to a life that if it was that great, I'd be staying in the UK.

And I've told them all - no one is coming to the airport.

Once I leave work at the end of Jan and get married, it will be the start of a new beginning.

Last edited by Mrs Pointer; Nov 16th 2010 at 12:57 pm.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Pointer is on a distinguished road

I am not sitting next to you Mrs P on the plane for best part of 28hours if you are going to be bubbling.

off to change my seat on the plane
Old Nov 16th 2010, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

jaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nice

i know how you feel....i have just booked my flights for 4th dec and know completely it is the right thing for me to do at the mo....but whenever i think about saying goodbyes i am an emotional wreck.......
Old Nov 16th 2010, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Listen, before we left the UK in February to come to the States, my emotions were all over the place, I'd be more worried if you didn't have these mixed emotions as I think it's all part of the process.

The night before we flew out, we had a last farewell at my mum's house and it was probably the most horrible thing I've ever had to go through, seeing my mum so upset and the kids were inconsolable, as my mum has played such a big part in their upbringing, and then the guilt set in - the usual question - "what the hell are we doing??"

Then we had to go to my OH's parents house - just as bad, to the point that my middle daughter cried so much, she was physically sick outside. Please don't take this as all doom and gloom, it was just my personal experience. We've now been here 9 months, and to be honest, I've had my first bad homesickness this week, I have no clue why. It has been a lot easier than I thought it would be and we speak to my mum and dad on Skype at least once a week and they can see the kids on that, and we phone, so we are in touch with each other all the time.

You have to put things into perspective. You have obviously thought long and hard about why you are making the move and are doing it for the right reasons. Yes, it's scary, yes, you will constantly ask yourself on the plane if you're doing the right thing, but please believe me, you have a new life just waiting for you once you step off that plane. Enjoy the experience, look forward, not back, and they are only a phone call away - and don't feel guilty - you are doing what's right for you and your family and I'm sure your parents and friendss realise that and wish you well.

Have a safe journey when the time comes and try and focus and stay positive - this could be a whole new beginning for you
Old Nov 17th 2010, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice

Great post Brat1....just what I needed to hear!
Old Nov 19th 2010, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Thanks again as others have mentioned I m not abnormal !!!!(although my partner might disagree)
Starting to feel less emotional now but really excited as the 6th Dec comes closer.We ve booked National express to take us to Heathrow which drops you off at your terminal. So no emotional goodbyes at the airport just Digbeth bus station !!
Thanks again