Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Emirates.... Liars??

Emirates.... Liars??

Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:17 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emirates.... Liars??

Hey guys!
We're about to book OH flight to finally come over!!!
Right we did hear about Emirates offering 50KG allowance if registered on movingplanet.net So we emailed them and here is their response:

Thank you for your enquiry.

We currently have a promotion running with www.movingplanet.net which
gives you an entitlement of 30kgs extra baggage allowance, that's 50kgs
in total. You can access details of the offer by logging in as a member
on the Moving Planet website, again this is subject to various controls:

* It is valid for UK departing passengers holding British
passports only.
* The passenger must hold a valid migration visa stating over 1
year stay.
* It is not valid if you have a stopover (exit the airport) in
Dubai or anywhere else on the way.
* Tickets must be one-way (no return date or open returns).
* You must NOT have entered the country on the visa already.

In other cases where the additional allowance does not apply and you
wish to take more baggage than your 20kg allowance, we might also
suggest that you send some belongings using the "Unaccompanied Baggage"
service offered through various companies. We recommend Emirates Express
who can be contacted on 01293 571873.

If you wish to take the baggage with you to the airport, the charge for
this will vary according to your destination. London - Melbourne would
cost GBP35.00 per kg for example. We would therefore recommend using the
unaccompanied baggage service as a less expensive option if possible.

Kind regards

Mandy
Emirates UK
BUT
It is impossible to register on this damn website!! we are not able to speak to anyone... Keep on emailing Emirates back n we are getting nowhere...

Is this just faulse advertisement?

Anyone been through similar?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:35 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Emirates.... Liars??

Originally Posted by Matewx
Hey guys!
We're about to book OH flight to finally come over!!!
Right we did hear about Emirates offering 50KG allowance if registered on movingplanet.net So we emailed them and here is their response:

BUT
It is impossible to register on this damn website!! we are not able to speak to anyone... Keep on emailing Emirates back n we are getting nowhere...

Is this just faulse advertisement?

Anyone been through similar?
Bon Soir Mate

Well, firstly I can't get on to moving planet.net and the link doesn't take you to a site? There is no site coming up for that when I've googled it and nothing on the Emirates site about additional luggage? Can you get your partner to phone their customer services team in the UK and speak to someone direct?

When we emigrated we told Air Singapore that we were going one-way emigrating and they upped our allowance. Well, only mine, the Hubby and 4 kids were travelling on their Kiwi passports so they didn't count them as emigrating. My point being, even if there is no special discount with registering with movingplanet - whoever they are - you may get a result by asking. Worth asking them to confirm it by email too to prevent any confusion at the airport. Good luck.

How are you settling in anyway? How's work and are you any warmer?!
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:48 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Bon Soir Mate
It's Bonsoir....

Well, firstly I can't get on to moving planet.net and the link doesn't take you to a site? There is no site coming up for that when I've googled it and nothing on the Emirates site about additional luggage?
I know... it works as http://www.movingplanet.com.au/ Not sure why... But even on this one you can't get a number to contact or anything...

Can you get your partner to phone their customer services team in the UK and speak to someone direct?
He is onto it... Or at least he tells me he is...

When we emigrated we told Air Singapore that we were going one-way emigrating and they upped our allowance. Well, only mine, the Hubby and 4 kids were travelling on their Kiwi passports so they didn't count them as emigrating. My point being, even if there is no special discount with registering with movingplanet - whoever they are - you may get a result by asking. Worth asking them to confirm it by email too to prevent any confusion at the airport. Good luck.
Generally speaking airlines would give migrants on one way flight additional allowance but as we are a work visa, we are not considered as emigrating... Not sure what they think we're going to do... but hey!

How are you settling in anyway? How's work and are you any warmer?!
Am good... settling in slowly but surely... Think I found a nice 1 bedroom appt that will do us perfectly while he finds a job... Then we can move onto something bigger n betterer...
Work is ermmm interesting to say the least..
I got used to the weather I think... Also the rain is starting to get to me... Especially when Thursday/Friday were very sunny and today it rained all day!!!
Oh! Am going to a French Meetup on Wednesday...
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:02 am

[QUOTE=Matewx;7722825]It's Bonsoir....

It'll be two words, second one off in a minute.

Very strange site that one, not even an email contact? Methinks you'll have to trust Monsieur Matewx to ring them!

That's good news about the apartment, won't you need a spare room for when I visit Auckland though? I don't do sofa beds.

A French meet up - good Lord, is it bring your own brie?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:07 am
Live from CHCH...

It'll be two words, second one off in a minute.

Very strange site that one, not even an email contact? Methinks you'll have to trust Monsieur Matewx to ring them!

That's good news about the apartment, won't you need a spare room for when I visit Auckland though? I don't do sofa beds.

A French meet up - good Lord, is it bring your own brie?
Now now... don't be rude... You're a moderator now remember??

When you come n visit hun, I'll put you up at the hotel... Remember this is what I do for a living... lol

I'll let you know about the meet up... For now, keep your clichés to yourself!! ah!

Last edited by Matewx; Jul 4th 2009 at 10:09 am. Reason: Correcting the quote since Am Loolah can not quote properly...
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:09 am

[QUOTE=Matewx;7722858]

Now now... don't be rude... You're a moderator now remember??

When you come n visit hun, I'll put you up at the hotel... Remember this is what I do for a living... lol

I'll let you know about the meet up... For now, keep your clichés to yourself!! ah!
I'm staying at the Hyatt soon - you don't work there do you?! I don't want anyone stirring my Bolly and adding a blooming parasol and cherry to it ...
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:11 am
Live from CHCH...

No I dont... lol - So you're safe...

Can you sort out the way you quote?? It doesn't look nice...
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:14 am

No I dont... lol - So you're safe...

Can you sort out the way you quote?? It doesn't look nice...
Jeez ...

Actually, I was going to edit the one before last and apologise as I'm being lazy supping my wine and generally making a bit of a mess!

Sorry, and if you want to pop round and alphabetically categorize my CD collection and line my tins in the pantry up while you're at it feel free ....
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:18 am
Live from CHCH...

lol

I like things tidied up n organized...

I also like my bottle of Chardonnay...

Can we come back to my Emirates problem?? lol
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:29 am

Right - looking at that site again - do you or partner have a "unique PIN code" or are already registered? As it seems the only way to access the site and their "deals" is to be registered which you can't do without the code? When I click on the pretty "help" button it just takes me to their contact us page with no means of contacting them? Is this an information site where you have to pay to join?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:31 am
Live from CHCH...

Ok Ok Ok
I had a thought...
I did a search on this BE website for movingplanet and found a thread on the Oz forum... Shame I dont know how to post links...

Anyways found how to do...

I booked my family's flights to Melbourne yesterday on the Emirates site. Procedure:-
Tried to contact Moving Planet website and emailed them - no luck
I entered the UKMOVE1 promotional code, from this forum, on the online booking form.
This then registered the booking as a Moving Planet offer, reduced the cost and increased the baggage allowance.
You get a booking reference and get to choose your seats but do not pay.
I emailed the Emirates online support centre with a scan of me and my family's passport, visas and booking ref
Received confirmation email that baggage allowance had been increased
Went to Manchester airport to pay for and collect tickets.
I understand that we could have paid by phone received e-tickets.
Excellent result, cheap tickets and 50kg baggage allowance for all family members even my 3 yr old son!
WOOP WOOP WOOP
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:34 am

Ok Ok Ok
I had a thought...
I did a search on this BE website for movingplanet and found a thread on the Oz forum... Shame I dont know how to post links...

Anyways found how to do...

WOOP WOOP WOOP
This one

Great minds think alike!

I take it OH meets the visa criteria?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:35 am
Live from CHCH...

This one

Great minds think alike!

I take it OH meets the visa criteria?
It's the wine...
Old Jul 4th 2009, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

This should help you I think:-

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...eases-checked-
luggage-allowance increases checked luggage allowance

Published: 06/05/2009 - Filed under: News »

From today (May 6) Emirates passengers in all classes can check in 10kg more checked baggage than previously allowed, with no extra charges.

The move means that economy passengers now have a baggage allowance of 30kg, while business class customers can check in baggage up to 40kg without charge, and first class passengers are allowed 50kg. These new limits also apply to codeshare passengers travelling on Emirates operated flights.

The 30kg economy limit compares with 23kg for British Airways passengers, and 20kg for Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific customers.

Existing excess baggage rates apply to checked luggage weighing in over the new allowances, and premium members of Emirates’ Skywards loyalty scheme continue to be entitled to an additional baggage allowance (12kg for Silver cardholders and 16kg for Gold cardholders).

The increased allowance comes at a time when several major US carriers have started to charge domestic passengers to check in luggage (see online news May 27 and June 16).

For more information visit emirates.com/uk.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of

damn damn bloody damn. wish i'd known this before our container got shipped over, could have kept our lovely silver cross pram/travel system afterall & had it in the hold instead of having to send it over & now having to borrow someone else's stuff!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.