emergency flights

Old Nov 10th 2014, 7:34 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: emergency flights

sorry to hear that, hopefully your boys will keep you up to date and things continue to go from strength to strength.
Its very hard to know what is best for everyone. maybe a skype call to her whilst she is in hospital and able to, will be a possibility, perhaps your boys could arrange something like that when its appropriate. I know when my son was recovering from his motor bike accident he was grateful to have someone around during his night time.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for you. My mum was diagnosed with cancer 4 days after I left to emigrate here. She didn't tell me until my hubby got here 6 weeks later because she didn't want to worry me. Her cancer was much more aggressive than any doctors expected. I was told years, then months, then weeks, then get the next flight it's an emergency.

I was on my way back there when she died.

Please don't leave it too late. I hope she pulls through, love n hugs to you all.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

Erf that sucks my Mum had surgery for a fortunately early caught cancer in July and it was awful being far away. Thinking of you, hope things go as smoothly as they can and you get where you need to be and when.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

how quickly things can change
Flight booked, looks like I'm gonna miss my goodbyes
Old Nov 10th 2014, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Really hope you get to the UK in time, or even better your mum stabilises and recovers. All the best JustCol.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for you JustCol. Hope you make it.

Thoughts are with you all.

I know what you're going through. X
Old Nov 10th 2014, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep same for me, good luck and make sure to take care of you and your boys.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 5:40 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

really hope things turn around for the better.
your boys obviously know you are coming and will be passing that information on to your mum. Let's hope her stubbornness prevails
Old Nov 10th 2014, 5:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Make sure that the airline know its a 'compassionate' flight - they can put a note on the booking, and while that may seem like something you don't want to bother with, it can be a good idea. The crew will keep an eye out for you in case you are distressed or upset, you stand a better chance of an upgrade, or a seat without someone next to you, and during transit sts the ground crew will keep an eye out if you need any help. If its not already on your profile, ask at check in for them to make a note.
Not a trip that anyone enjoys, I've done it once and know I will have to do it again one day. You have my sympathy.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 6:12 pm
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

I really feel for you xxxxxxx hugs xx
Old Nov 10th 2014, 7:36 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ach me. That's so often the way of it Col. Hopefully your Mum will hang on for you if she possibly can.

I do hope you make it . If not, then you will still be in the right place at the right time with your family.

I doubt you will be looking in here but what Poll writes is correct. You state it is a mercy flight. For the return, phone them up & state it is a bereavement flight. The airline will ensure you are able to have privacy and space from before check-in to arrival.

I wish you all the best.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Sending hugs your way.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 10:06 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you Justcol, hope all goes well xx
Old Nov 10th 2014, 10:11 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you Col. Hope your journey back is uneventful. Good luck, I hope you get to see your mum.

The last time I saw my mum it was hours before she died in 2005. She couldn't speak or open her eyes but she could listen. I understand hearing is the last sense that a dying person has. Unless they never had or have lost their hearing.

She smiled as I told her about a recent trip I had. She also mouthed my name to me. She wanted me to know that she knew I was there.

I hope you make it in time, I know all family circumstances are different.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Nov 10th 2014 at 10:13 pm. Reason: 2005
Old Nov 10th 2014, 11:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Echoing what everyone else has said. Thoughts are with you. I do hope you get to see her in time. xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.