ELECTRICS AND TV

Old Mar 31st 2016, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

tinalouie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ELECTRICS AND TV

Do UK TV's work as normal over there and do they have SKY TV. Also my partner is a PS4 gamer, battlefied hardcore at the moment and he was wanting to know if will still be able to play that online, is the broadband sufficient for gaming in the North of the North Island?
Old Mar 31st 2016, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ELECTRICS AND TV

Originally Posted by tinalouie
Do UK TV's work as normal over there and do they have SKY TV. Also my partner is a PS4 gamer, battlefied hardcore at the moment and he was wanting to know if will still be able to play that online, is the broadband sufficient for gaming in the North of the North Island?
Yes they have Sky TV, try googling Sky TV NZ. I get 20 Mb/sec download speeds over rural wireless (unlimited) but expensive ($100) like UK depends where you are.

TV if it is a modern one - yes.
Old Mar 31st 2016, 6:49 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

we have Sky but its Australian led and we do not have use of the red button.
Fibre is being installed in the lower north island so guess its going on all over so no problems with that.
Old Mar 31st 2016, 6:54 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

Yes tvs are fine. We briught ours 8 years ago without any issues. Broadband speeds are good, at least in the cities, not sure about rural areas
Old Mar 31st 2016, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thats good to know, so is it a 3 pin plug system like UK , no need for adaptors?
Old Mar 31st 2016, 6:59 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

Thats good to know, so is it a 3 pin plug system like UK , no need for adaptors?
Different system, some are 2 and some 3. Will need adaptors or bring uk four gangs and just chane the plug on that. We did this and worked well.
Old Mar 31st 2016, 7:10 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

just google image NZ plug sockets.

from my experience the only problem with the plugs here is that they do not "catch" the plug and if I am hoovering they often come out.
Old Mar 31st 2016, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Bring a wireless hoover then? thanks for the info guys :-)
Old Mar 31st 2016, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

And as for gaming - I am an XBOX person and a Netflix person. My flat pays $99 for unlimited broadband and it's peachy.
Old Apr 1st 2016, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

Word of advice.....

Don't bother with sky

Go unlimited broadband with Vodafone as you'll get their freeview free. Then sign up to a VPN router and you'll get access to whatever television you want. I'm saving $80 a month now.

Far cheaper than spending $50 a month minimum on sky.
Old Apr 1st 2016, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Thats great advice, I will do that :-) thank you !
Old Apr 1st 2016, 8:07 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom H
Word of advice.....

Don't bother with sky

Go unlimited broadband with Vodafone as you'll get their freeview free. Then sign up to a VPN router and you'll get access to whatever television you want. I'm saving $80 a month now.

Far cheaper than spending $50 a month minimum on sky.
Agree. I pay $85pm for unlimited broadband and phone, and watch freeview, iplayer, ITV, and 4, and subscribe to Netflix and Amazon video.
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 4:57 am
Just Joined

salesteve is an unknown quantity at this point

We brought 3 tvs with us from UK, one of them still in its box. None of them work because the Freeview you need is configured differently to UK. You have to buy a NZ Freeview box, which is not expensive or sign up with Sky. With hindsight I wouldn't have brought a new UK tv as they just as cheap here and no hastle with Freeview.
Re plugs: we brought UK multi sockets and a load of adapters off the internet. Changing the UK plugs over as and when needed to NZ
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a UK Smart TV bring it with you, when you get here pay for a SmartDNS service and you'll still be able to watch all the UK OnDemand services. There's very little on NZ TV and if you have a Samsung the NZ Freeview will work after a bit of setting up anyway.
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Ok great advice .. if I bought a NZ smart TV can you still get what you can in UK ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.