Electricity

Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light
Default Electricity

Hi, I thought I would post some figures for electricity. I saw a post for costs and have just updated our electricity spreadsheet. We moved into a new house we had built in Rangiora and have been here since March. We have a couple of solar water heating panels on the roof that helps with the hot water, though I don't think so much in winter. We are a family of 5 with two heatpumps.

How have we done? Well from March 7th to 3 September, we are just over $100 ahead on electricty compared to our very nasty rental in Christchurch last year on electricity. We are also ahead by the cost of 6 meters of wood, which was something over $400. The most important thing is that we are very warm and toasty in every room, rather than annoyed with having spent hundreds on heat and still cold. Oh, we did use just under $100 of gas for the stove and the fireplace. So about $400 ahead all together.

So, now for the costs: $1700 for 181 days of comfort and use of the dryer. Over the winter months May to August, that is about $350 per month. Again, this is for two heatpumps. We run them all the time and don't worry about it getting too warm.

Just thought there might be some who are interested.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 7:55 pm
Me, my 2 boys & Red 10

Team-Reynolds is just really niceTeam-Reynolds is just really niceTeam-Reynolds is just really niceTeam-Reynolds is just really niceTeam-Reynolds is just really niceTeam-Reynolds is just really niceTeam-Reynolds is just really niceTeam-Reynolds is just really nice
Default Re: Electricity

Hi Mate,

We're moving to the Rangiora area in Feb next year from a very warm Cyprus. One of our issues was heating as we have a young family who are used to the heat. We will be looking for a property that is only a few years old, one of the reasons is they are better equipped for keeping everyone warm (I hope!).
However a self build was also an option for us so I'm also interested in all the ups and downs of your experience. Please feel free to PM me.

Daz
Old Sep 9th 2008, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Team-Reynolds
Hi Mate,

We're moving to the Rangiora area in Feb next year from a very warm Cyprus. One of our issues was heating as we have a young family who are used to the heat. We will be looking for a property that is only a few years old, one of the reasons is they are better equipped for keeping everyone warm (I hope!).
However a self build was also an option for us so I'm also interested in all the ups and downs of your experience. Please feel free to PM me.

Daz
There is a house for sale in The Oaks by an English couple returning to UK and their house has central heating. I can give you the details if you like. It has only been completed this year.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Which house in the Oaks Shirl? Can you say? Just curious.

There are a few for rent too in the $400 range.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh, I should add that we have a very open planned home so our one heatpump works alot. Other new homes are designed differently than ours such that the heating is contained in the kitchen and main living area. We aren't quite laid out like that.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
Which house in the Oaks Shirl? Can you say? Just curious.

There are a few for rent too in the $400 range.
Elm Drive I think it is. A friend of my daughter's friend is selling it.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, there are a few for sale on that street.