EFTPOS now in UK?

Old Jan 26th 2007, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough
Question EFTPOS now in UK?

Ok, I am prepared to laughed right out of this forum for being so dumb...........but I have a question.

I am going home for a well earned visit to my beloved Plymouth this June/July. Yipee

Now, we still have current accounts with Nat West bank, and have switch cards. a little bird told me that the UK now has EFTPOS, is that true and is it exactly the same as over here? My good ol' switch card will now need a pin? and are the swipe machines the same? When we left you were always having to sign your name. NZ was a very refreshing change in that way.

Thanks to all you clever clogs out there.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: EFTPOS now in UK?

Originally Posted by 74NZ
Ok, I am prepared to laughed right out of this forum for being so dumb...........but I have a question.

I am going home for a well earned visit to my beloved Plymouth this June/July. Yipee

Now, we still have current accounts with Nat West bank, and have switch cards. a little bird told me that the UK now has EFTPOS, is that true and is it exactly the same as over here? My good ol' switch card will now need a pin? and are the swipe machines the same? When we left you were always having to sign your name. NZ was a very refreshing change in that way.

Thanks to all you clever clogs out there.
hi there

ok now its not called EFTPOS but they now have the equivalent of it, its called Chip and Pin and you have to have a pin number now as 99% of places will not accept a signature for the switch/credit card any longer, this was introduced as of 14 feb 2005 or it might have been 2006, not sure, as cant remember exact year, i can remember the date

not dumb at all, its best to find these things out
Old Jan 26th 2007, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kwprwn
hi there

ok now its not called EFTPOS but they now have the equivalent of it, its called Chip and Pin and you have to have a pin number now as 99% of places will not accept a signature for the switch/credit card any longer, this was introduced as of 14 feb 2005 or it might have been 2006, not sure, as cant remember exact year, i can remember the date

not dumb at all, its best to find these things out
Hey kwprwn Thanks.

Can you remember if you just used your old pin number or if you had to select your own new one, as over here.
Cheers
Old Jan 26th 2007, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 74NZ
Hey kwprwn Thanks.

Can you remember if you just used your old pin number or if you had to select your own new one, as over here.
Cheers
as when i left last march, you could use the pin number that you used if you were using it in the atm

No problem...glad I can try and answer some of the things people ask

Dawn
Old Jan 26th 2007, 2:56 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't Eftpos great, I don't know why the UK didn't adopt this method long ago!
Old Jan 26th 2007, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sky
i remember them having it in 1996 when we came on holiday...the uk is way behind on this...so who says that NZ is a backward country
Old Jan 26th 2007, 3:02 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

i remember them having it in 1996 when we came on holiday...the uk is way behind on this...so who says that NZ is a backward country
Oh it has it's moments lol
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:26 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

That's because they try the new things out there (like that Coke Zero) as if it doesn't take off, it doesn't matter over there, most of the rest of the world won't know about it. 'Tis true.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 6:12 am
sky
Banned

Originally Posted by mazi
That's because they try the new things out there (like that Coke Zero) as if it doesn't take off, it doesn't matter over there, most of the rest of the world won't know about it. 'Tis true.
I prefer diet there just is something lacking from the zero stuff
Old Jan 26th 2007, 11:44 am
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sky
Any taste to it what so ever
Old Jan 26th 2007, 12:05 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
It's because there are so many people who will kick up a stick at the prospect at any kind of change that any implementation like this takes 10 years instead of a few months
Old Jan 26th 2007, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
But only with vodka.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 6:52 pm
sky
Banned

Originally Posted by Boopy
But only with vodka.
Rum
Old Jan 26th 2007, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

SecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud of

its shocking isnt it - we had our finest physicists and computer scientists on the case - trying to crack the miracle of technology that is a magnetic strip along with a 4 digit number.... but to no avail.... they got it working on ATMs, but just couldnt crack that POS format..... in the end, we had to ask the kiwis to help us out and they enlightened us......

those pesky kiwis showed us up good and proper....
Old Jan 26th 2007, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default EFTPOS now in UK?

I must say that as someone with a minor knowledge base on information systems, the Kiwi range or suite of systems should be the envy of the world…………and probably is.

The two shining areas are the banking and healthcare systems.

Banking, just a small part being discussed here

Healthcare providing such a rich picture of operational and managerial information, from the individual level to the collective level.

It is all jolly good!

Hi SS hope all is well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.