Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Eastern Bays - Auckland

Eastern Bays - Auckland

Old Jun 3rd 2015, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

jparsons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eastern Bays - Auckland

What are areas such as Mission Bay, Kohimarama and St heliers like to live in in terms of the perception of these suburbs, cost on renting a 4/5 bd house, ease to commuting to Glen Innes Station and also Ellerslie. Which one of these suburbs also has the best access to shops and restaraunts? Also on a separate one will i be able to use a uk iphone in nz and what is considered to be the mobile provider with the best signal and data coverage for auckland(i need my beloved 3g or even better 4g )
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 9:01 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eastern Bays - Auckland

All those areas are considered posh. If you have to ask the cost you can't afford to live there!

From Mission Bay if you're going to the CBD I'm thinking you would bus or cycle. The train line is a not that convenient from there.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

They are all very close to each other but personally I think kohimarama looks the nicest,
I have a friend in real estate in the eastern bays and he tells me there are plenty
of houses there, that despite costing millions are not all they appear due to poor nz
building codes when they were built.
There are some very nice bars and restaurants at mission bay, and you're only a spit n jump from the CBD.
Unfortunately, commuting from anywhere to anywhere in Aux is a real pain, there's just way round it
Old Jun 4th 2015, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

My work location has changed three times since I have lived in NZ, but I haven't changed my home location.

Overall, I'd say I find the closer I live to work, it increases my overall happiness - less time commuting is important to me.
Old Jun 4th 2015, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jparsons
What are areas such as Mission Bay, Kohimarama and St heliers like to live in in terms of the perception of these suburbs, cost on renting a 4/5 bd house, ease to commuting to Glen Innes Station and also Ellerslie. Which one of these suburbs also has the best access to shops and restaraunts? Also on a separate one will i be able to use a uk iphone in nz and what is considered to be the mobile provider with the best signal and data coverage for auckland(i need my beloved 3g or even better 4g )
If you like to walk down to a beachside cafe with a view of Auckland Harbour on a sunday morning then youll love any of those suburbs, if you can afford it, which it sounds like you can. Phone will be at least 3G. Maybe 4G. Theyre expanding that network into new areas at the moment. Ellerslie is 15 to 20 minutes away. Choice of shopping, Central city, Remuera, Sylvia Park, which is near Ellerslie.

Last edited by garethwm; Jun 4th 2015 at 11:38 pm.