EARTHQUAKE NZ

Old Feb 12th 2010, 10:09 pm
Imz
Forum Regular

Imz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant futureImz has a brilliant future
Default Re: EARTHQUAKE NZ

Hi All,

Thank You for your messages, it's most reassuring. I like your attitude CWRTAIS- you state you live in a Earthquake and Tsunami proof area, is there such an area in Wellington?
Old Feb 12th 2010, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

cwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nicecwrtais is just really nice
Default Re: EARTHQUAKE NZ

Originally Posted by Imz
Hi All,

Thank You for your messages, it's most reassuring. I like your attitude CWRTAIS- you state you live in a Earthquake and Tsunami proof area, is there such an area in Wellington?
Hey, I really should be doing the ironing but I'm procrastinating so I'm on here instead!
I should clarify that work is the earthquake and tsunami proof area not my home. It's been braced as much as is possible and only has glass on the harbour side on one floor. It's still on the fault line though, but is probably one of the better places in town.

As for my home, I'm up the side of the hill with a few hills between me and the sea. There are plenty of places in Welly where you'll be safe from a tsunami. But at the end of the day no where is guaranteed to be safe. I look at is this way: if a big earthquake hit I hope I'd be out there making sure people were ok and helping wherever I could.

These are good issues to work through anyway, but at the end of the day you have to decide on something you're comfortable with and where you'll be happy.
As for me, I can highly recommend Wellington as a place to live.