Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Wikiposts

Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Old Jun 13th 2011, 2:50 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Originally Posted by crap coffee
My heart goes out to all those effected in this quake. don't know how you guys can cope with ongoing quakes... and Sue - I do think of you - wondered you are all right...good to hear from you anyway. its so scary isn't it. .. Hang in there please take care of yourself.

gonna visit home (Welly) next month... scary scary...
I second this. So sorry to read this is still happening to you folks in the Christchurch area. I am thinking of you all, and hope you are all ok.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

kiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sue
I second this. So sorry to read this is still happening to you folks in the Christchurch area. I am thinking of you all, and hope you are all ok.
I've been back home in the UAE for 4 weeks now after spending 10 weeks in Christchurch after losing my sister in the CTV Building. This whole thing is totally doing my head in! My remaining family are all OK. Some major damage to my younger sister's brand new house on Scarborough Hill. My Dad lives in Marine Parade and has been looking after my lost sister's wee dog since she died. The dog has done a runner, totally freaked out by this latest quake. She was in my sister's house on Mount Pleasant in February and that house has been red stickered. Dad won't leave his place for a safe haven until the dog has returned safely. Feel like I need to be back home with my family, but what can I do? So glad that no body has been killed this time round. Small mercies?
Old Jun 13th 2011, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwigirlinalain
I've been back home in the UAE for 4 weeks now after spending 10 weeks in Christchurch after losing my sister in the CTV Building. This whole thing is totally doing my head in! My remaining family are all OK. Some major damage to my younger sister's brand new house on Scarborough Hill. My Dad lives in Marine Parade and has been looking after my lost sister's wee dog since she died. The dog has done a runner, totally freaked out by this latest quake. She was in my sister's house on Mount Pleasant in February and that house has been red stickered. Dad won't leave his place for a safe haven until the dog has returned safely. Feel like I need to be back home with my family, but what can I do? So glad that no body has been killed this time round. Small mercies?
So glad all ok, apart from dog running off which is sad. How are you coping being away from them now?
Have heard from my men and they are all ok. Sam is really struggling - some of you I know read his very powerful personal account of the Feb quake. He has had enough but if he comes back to the UK, there is nothing for him. A friend has offered him a place to stay with her rellies in Palmerston North, so he has that to think about.
Every morning, I am scared to turn the radio on in case there is more bad news. I worry about them all the time and it makes it worse when I can't get hold of them. I felt physically sick when they reported injuries, trapped people etc. What to do?
Old Jun 13th 2011, 7:47 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear things are continuing to be hard for you guys. Everyone is keeping everthing crossed that things turn for the better soon as your nerves must be frayed

many hugs for you all and stay strong folks (((((hugs))))))
Old Jun 13th 2011, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

right who has pissed off mother nature, 3 really big ones yesterday folowed by a night of rumbles, ohhhh for some sleep, but still love being here and have no intentions of leaving, this is home
Old Jun 13th 2011, 8:54 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

My heart goes out to all of you down there. Saw this morning there were 15 aftershocks over night. I honestly can not begin to imagine what that must do to your nerves and emotional stability, combined with the lack of sleep.

Huge hugs to you all. And for a quieter day today.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
My heart goes out to all of you down there. Saw this morning there were 15 aftershocks over night. I honestly can not begin to imagine what that must do to your nerves and emotional stability, combined with the lack of sleep.

Huge hugs to you all. And for a quieter day today.
on trhe bright side it does make the process of butter churning eaiser for us down here
Old Jun 13th 2011, 11:19 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alanmacc
on trhe bright side it does make the process of butter churning eaiser for us down here
Not to mention Martini shaking ...
Old Jun 13th 2011, 11:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Imagine all those poor people who after the first and second one filed with EQC and where waiting for assessment/reassessment or payout, now back to square one and no guarantees this time either.

'Heaps' of after shocks, having to lift up my tea cup to stop it spilling.
Fix yourself a Martini
Old Jun 13th 2011, 11:28 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Earthquake ! Log your rumbles here.

Saw this morning there were 15 aftershocks over night. I honestly can not begin to imagine what that must do to your nerves and emotional stability, combined with the lack of sleep.
Yes, just terrible!

I slept just fine.

We don't need your thoughts or prayers but if you could spare some construction equipment, a few engineers and lots of tradesmen it would be much appreciated .
Old Jun 13th 2011, 11:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Not to mention Martini shaking ...
You & me think along the same lines

My thoughts are with you all down there . I really feel for you. Mother Nature is a real tart . Stay safe everyone x
Old Jun 13th 2011, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Yes, just terrible!

I slept just fine.

We don't need your thoughts or prayers but if you could spare some construction equipment, a few engineers and lots of tradesmen it would be much appreciated .

Actually we do need your thoughts and prayers as well Thanks all you peeps!
Old Jun 13th 2011, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

I felt my first wobble in our first floor office in Otematata, Nth Otago..
Weird sea sick swaying feeling.. As someone said..Welcome to NZ..

My heart goes out to the real shaken people in ChCh.. Be strong guys..
Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wessa
I felt my first wobble in our first floor office in Otematata, Nth Otago..
Weird sea sick swaying feeling.. As someone said..Welcome to NZ..

My heart goes out to the real shaken people in ChCh.. Be strong guys..
My first wobble was a 4.1 up in Hanmer Springs about a year after we got here and I thought wow my first shake, now I am totally fed up with them!
Old Jun 13th 2011, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Theyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to all

I have just spent 2 weeks in NZ, had a wonderful time although coming back through Arthurs pass it would have been nice not to have the driving rain as what i could see looked wonderful. Anyway we did feel the quake that happened in Rolleston last week even though we were in Greymouth at the time, we spent Friday in a Christchurch airport hotel and i'm sure there was a little one about 6.50pm (i was in the shower at the time, very weird). We flew out Saturday morning and the next morning it was on the news about the ash cloud, we both thought i wouldn't have been a bad thing to have had to stay, until the earthquakes happened, i have seen footage of what happens my thoughts go out to everyone effected

Last edited by Theyes; Jun 13th 2011 at 4:22 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.