Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Early hours commute from Titirangi to CBD?

Wikiposts

Early hours commute from Titirangi to CBD?

Old Jan 14th 2014, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Bonitarosa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Early hours commute from Titirangi to CBD?

Hi I was just wondering what the commute would be like at say 5.45am into the CBD from Titirangi? I've read on here that during the rush hour it's horrendous. When does the crazy traffic start? Would my husband miss it at that time?

Thanks again!
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Early hours commute from Titirangi to CBD?

Don't know cos I don't do early, however you could always have a look at the live traffic reports and traffic cams. Depending on where you're from you might find it's not 'all that' bad anyway.

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/traffic/curr.../traffic.phtml
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

That's a great idea. I'll do that. I don't do early either. I'm not sure how he does it really? Some people are just early risers I suppose?!
Old Jan 14th 2014, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

gazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nicegazmac is just really nice

At that time you would miss the rush. <30 mins roughly to queen street if you via Avondale. Maybe just over 30 mins if you go along to Dminion road.

I have friends who live there and traffic can get bad from 15:50 heading both ways or actually heading anyway in/out of CBD
Old Jan 15th 2014, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

I don't drive your way but I do commute from the north shore to south auckand at 6.15am.
Only takes me 35mins to get from Birkdale to Papakura so I'm pretty sure your roads will be just as empty.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

I was going to compare with the North Shore so thanks for that! So in the afternoon anytime from 15.30 until what time is the traffic horrendous? What are we talking? Doubling or tripling that time to get home?
Old Jan 15th 2014, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I would say allow an hour from the centre to from any of the four corners - there will of course be days when it's better and some when it's worse depending largely on weather. Peak afternoon can be 3.00pm to 6.30pm
Old Jan 15th 2014, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

At that time of day I would think 30 minutes would be about right.

I drive from the edge of the CBD to Takapuna on the North Shore for work. At 7am the drive to work takes 15 minutes. After 4:00pm the drive back can take anything from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Gosh what a difference!! Thanks for your replies. :-)
Old Jan 15th 2014, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

A Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond reputeA Rush And A Push has a reputation beyond repute

We're v close to Titirangi. Would take us 20-25 mins to CBD at 5.45am or any off peak time. About 45 mins at peak time or possibly a bit longer if you're unlucky.