Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Odd things that your shippers packed - and also things they forgot.

Odd things that your shippers packed - and also things they forgot.

Old Jan 12th 2014, 8:08 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Talking Odd things that your shippers packed - and also things they forgot.

We've had a few asking about shippers and shipping of late.

So I thought it would be fun for our new folk coming to New Zealand to read a new thread about things that your shippers packed but should not have . Conversely , things they completely forgot .

From memory there were some odd ones out there.

My shippers were in and out of the house like greased lightening.
I distinctly remember one of the men lifting up my sofa by himself really. Heaving it into it's shipping bag and the shunting it out of my lounge window.

I made them tea & gave 'em a sandwich and biscuits. They packed the mugs , complete with the dregs, the remaining biscuits and the plates plus crumbs.

They entirely forgot all my beloved kitchen pots and pans & for some reason I didn't check those cupboards until after they had gone.
Old Jan 12th 2014, 9:44 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Odd things that your shippers packed - and also things they forgot.

Ours packed the box with big black letters saying "DO NOT PACK". It had my son's medications in it and our important papers (birth certificates, etc). They also packed the rubbish pail - complete with the bag of rubbish in it. Thankfully it was only a few bits of paper and stuff.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Pinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of light

Ours packed the "innards" from the built in dishwasher we were leaving behind but left all our beloved cutlery in the drawer! They wrapped a bic biro in about 30 pieces of paper and a fragile glass in one piece of paper - yes, the glass broke but the pen arrived safely - yay!
Old Jan 13th 2014, 9:26 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

ours packed the waste bin with rubbish in it. luckily it was the office bin so just paper in it. they also packed a wrapped present that was needed the following week. really would of thought they might of asked about that but No.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 9:44 pm
`

Originally Posted by Pinksar
Ours packed the "innards" from the built in dishwasher we were leaving behind
but left all our beloved cutlery in the drawer!

They wrapped a bic biro in about 30 pieces of paper and a fragile glass in one piece of paper - yes, the glass broke but the pen arrived safely - yay!

Mentals
Old Jan 13th 2014, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Pinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of lightPinksar is a glorious beacon of light

They also managed to pack our luggage straps and padlocks even though we'd left them somewhere hidden had to go and buy more the morning we flew out! Unreal..... Still at least they didn't pack us
Old Jan 14th 2014, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of

Still haven't found TV Remote

Ian.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Waste paper basket..............complete with rubbish!
Old Jan 14th 2014, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

JaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond reputeJaneRiley has a reputation beyond repute

Bread bin complete with half a loaf of forgotten bread which was unrecognisable when it arrived - for a few minutes I thought it was a dead animal until I noticed the wrapper! We also found a beautifully wrapped loo roll but I reckon that was a joke...
Old Jan 14th 2014, 7:21 pm
`

Originally Posted by JaneRiley
Bread bin complete with half a loaf of forgotten bread which was unrecognisable when it arrived - for a few minutes I thought it was a dead animal until I noticed the wrapper! We also found a beautifully wrapped loo roll but I reckon that was a joke...
Old Jan 14th 2014, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

My ex hid an empty cigar packet of his in one of my packed boxes (long story, short version - we split up just before I left the UK) so when I opened it here, I got a bit of an emotional shock!!!
Old Jan 15th 2014, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

After many months of fearing MAF inspections and cleaning everything we owned with a toothbrush and jeyes fluid, we ended up shipping a bag of kitchen rubbish. It contained an old dustpan and brush with sweepings of pen tops, obligatory dried peas and detritus from under the fridge and washing machine.

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Jan 15th 2014 at 10:10 am.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaneRiley
We also found a beautifully wrapped loo roll but I reckon that was a joke...
I reckon they just do these things for a good laugh!
Old Jan 16th 2014, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine had a large pot plant complete with mud!
Old Jan 16th 2014, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute

Our packers packed the wooden cutlery draw from our fitted kitchen. When we went back on holiday, we took it with us, and gave it to the people who live there now.

They also packed a borrowed step ladder inside the wardrobe, and wrapped the wardrobe in brown paper, but we made them take it out, because we had to give it back!