Duck killer

Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Duck killer

Played golf with some locals last night and one of the kiwis hit a duck square on the head with his shot. With duck on its last legs i thought the rufty tufty outdoor type kiwis would sort the duck but no..........

Much... 'he'll be right mate' and squeamishness took place and even a decision to put it under a bush to 'recover' was the solution from the Kiwi men.....

There was no way i could leave an animal to die slowly so i decided i had to do something, much to the relieve of the others it seemed.....

Bit of flapping and feathers later plus the interaction of duck with putter and all was done......

Kiwis outdoor hardened country living people......yeah right

Oh yeah found out that the chicken 'stretched neck' method has little effect on a duck.....

Wasn't that popular at home last night when the story was recounted to the wife but sure went down well when the others told it in the bar.......first time at the club i'm now apparently known as...............

'The Duck Killer"

Last edited by teambwr47; Dec 5th 2007 at 8:31 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:30 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Duck killer

Fair play to you mate. You did right , as you know. Around here that duck would now be in someones freezer.

Oh yeah found out that the chicken 'stretched neck' method has little effect on a duck

With a duck, the strongest part of 'em is the neck, unlike a chicken as you found out.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:39 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Well done that man - nasty though it is, it's the best for them in the end. My old cat - Jeffrey - was a bugger for bringing in collar doves. Wouldn't kill them, just semi-disembowel them and then watch them gleefully suffer, the sadistic little bastard.

I had to do the stretched neck method on two. On the first one I was nearly in tears - it's a bastard of a thing to do. The second, I slightly 'over' stretched and pulled the poor thing's head off - I very nearly puked.

You have my respect for dealing with Mr Quack.

I hope you took it home for supper - waste not want not and all that, eh?!

Last edited by Wiz'n'Ton; Dec 5th 2007 at 8:41 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton

I hope you took it hope for supper - waste not want not and all theat, eh?!
Gave it to a member of the staff on the course.....not sure what he did with it to be honest.

I was unpopular enough at home for killing the poor cute duck.......not sure bringing it home for plucking and gutting would have gone down that well with the family...........

Last edited by teambwr47; Dec 5th 2007 at 8:54 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Just pluck it and stuff it I'll bring the orange sauce!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:52 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough mate - I can't confess to eating the doves either, and apparently they are pretty tasty too.

Still, 'props to you bro' for being the man of the bunch.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Fair play to you mate. You did right , as you know. Around here that duck would now be in someones freezer.

With a duck, the strongest part of 'em is the neck, unlike a chicken as you found out.
The internet is a wonderful thing.....well kind of........not that keen to kill by hand on a regular basis to be honest but if i have to, or you do, its a full 360 neck twist prior to the stretch that's needed for a duck or turn it upside down and put your knee on its chest to collapse the lungs and hold it there for about 30 seconds...
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:13 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Good grief. The things you learn on this site....
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:15 pm
`

I know .
Our neighbours are the ones that impart this type of info. They really are good ole kiwi boys.

One of 'em regularly shoots duck during the season. There are regular pig hunts here. It's a small village. It's part of a way of life .

We have a pair of pekin ducks about to hatch ducklings and it really tickles them the way we are with the ducks. Saying that, it pays to understand what a duck needs and when to do the necessary. Pekins are prone to injury.

The last bit of wisdom dropped in our ears last weekend at a neighbours BBQ was 'what temperature is needed to scald a whole pig' . Don't ask me though, coz I have forgotten . It's something to do with dropping blood into the boiling water first. I just thought to myself at the time, that I am going to have to buy a chest freezer.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:51 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

euk! give me a veggie stir-fry anyday
Old Dec 6th 2007, 5:24 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nerine
I've never met an animal I wouldn't eat
Old Dec 6th 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nerine
if weren't meant to eat animals,they wouldn't be made of meat would they......jacky
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:14 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

mmmm...carrion too, guess it's ok if you just brush the maggots off?
Old Dec 7th 2007, 2:20 am
`

Originally Posted by garryhg
if we weren't meant to eat animals,they wouldn't be made of meat would they......jacky

I've never met an animal I wouldn't eat
I couldn't eat an animal or bird that had looked me in the eye and that I had been introduced to.
All the others are fair game ;-)
Old Dec 7th 2007, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS here

I couldn't eat an animal or bird that had looked me in the eye and that I had been introduced to.
All the others are fair game ;-)
acually i'm a bit like that with fishonce i've seen them whole with heads and eyes they become real....don't associate what comes filleted from shops with whats in the sea.....couldn't eat what garry had caught....he used to go shooting back home for geese,and has caught quite a few,many a time he's sat in the back yard plucking a birdif you know what i meanbut couldn't eat it once it was cooked....our dog and cat had a feast....jacky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.