Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Drinks in Auckland

Drinks in Auckland

Old Jan 19th 2011, 7:04 am
Just Joined

barney1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Drinks in Auckland

Anyone intersted in meeting up for a few beers in the auckland area. Im a 30 year old welshman whos been living in auckland for a while but am always keen to meet some like minded people out here. I live in Mt eden with my girlfriend so somewher vaguely in that area would be cool...ponsonby, parnell, newmarket or CBD all good...basically anywhere where i dont have to drive.
Be good to get to know some more people out here so if u fancy a couple of beers and maybe watching a bit of sport let me know.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

mcgarnagle will become famous soon enoughmcgarnagle will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Drinks in Auckland

How's it going Barney?

I'd be interested in meeting up - I'm a 30 year old Irish lad living in Ponsonby with my missus (a scouser ).

We've been out here a few months now and just got permanent residency through. Always up for a beer after work or weekends.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Vinniew is an unknown quantity at this point

hiyez,

I'm up for that too.....dunno about watchin the sports on tv tho.....not a clue what'd be goin on!!!!
Been here about 5 or 6 months,,,,irish...mrs and kids still back in Eire,
Livin out Botany side

Vince
Old Jan 25th 2011, 7:39 am

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh me and the hubs would be keen, both 29, moved out 7ish months ago, living on the North Shore

Oh and did I mention we're scousers....? Watch out mcgarnagle
Old Jan 25th 2011, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

when.? where?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold

This Friday from 5pm at The Bluestone Room, Durham Lane, City centre .

I'll be there. $5 pints till 7pm. Also planning to goto Rakinos bar after that as they have $5 bottles till 9pm.

Let me know if you fancy meeting up
Old Jan 25th 2011, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Flower Pot
Yeh me and the hubs would be keen, both 29, moved out 7ish months ago, living on the North Shore

Oh and did I mention we're scousers....? Watch out mcgarnagle
Ah............................didnt see that. Meeting cancelled

Old Jan 26th 2011, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Tranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zaras dad
This Friday from 5pm at The Bluestone Room, Durham Lane, City centre .

I'll be there. $5 pints till 7pm. Also planning to goto Rakinos bar after that as they have $5 bottles till 9pm.

Let me know if you fancy meeting up
Hmmm....busiest bar in town, just after work, Auckland Anniversary weekend. Good luck with that!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tranmere Rover
Hmmm....busiest bar in town, just after work, Auckland Anniversary weekend. Good luck with that!
Its always busy there. I didn't put an official meet up post as I'm out anyway and the last few havent drawn much interest so have nothing to lose. Would be nice to meet up with some expats for a beer if you're keen
Old Jan 26th 2011, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Tranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond reputeTranmere Rover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zaras dad
Its always busy there. I didn't put an official meet up post as I'm out anyway and the last few havent drawn much interest so have nothing to lose. Would be nice to meet up with some expats for a beer if you're keen
I'm only teasing - nothing wrong with that venue at all. I may be out of town on Friday, but if I'm around I'll try to come along for a swift half.

Then again - did someone say there were Scousers coming???
Old Jan 29th 2011, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough

Hey - my name is Claire and I'm from the UK (south) and I have been here 18 months now. I'm living in Mt Albert with my kiwi partner. I would love to meet people from "home" and have a few drinks as sometimes I feel homesick :-((

I'd be up for meeting up in somewhere in Auckland, although I don't have a car. I work in Newmarket.

Cheers,
Claire
Old Jan 29th 2011, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by celeliza
Hey - my name is Claire and I'm from the UK (south) and I have been here 18 months now. I'm living in Mt Albert with my kiwi partner. I would love to meet people from "home" and have a few drinks as sometimes I feel homesick :-((

I'd be up for meeting up in somewhere in Auckland, although I don't have a car. I work in Newmarket.

Cheers,
Claire
Hi Claire, I'll post something the next time I organise a night out.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

drcallycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone - have been in Auckland a year now but originally from uk and husband from Wirral. Took me ages to get to know people but joined a site called meetup which was great. They organise all sorts of events and made some good friends. Am always up for a few drinks so feel free to contact me.

Look forward to meeting some of you.

Clare x
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

richardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nicerichardse is just really nice

Originally Posted by drcallycat
Hi everyone - have been in Auckland a year now but originally from uk and husband from Wirral. Took me ages to get to know people but joined a site called meetup which was great. They organise all sorts of events and made some good friends. Am always up for a few drinks so feel free to contact me.

Look forward to meeting some of you.

Clare x
Hi All, me and my husband (33/34) would also like to meet new people and have a few drinks, though we're quite often away exploring at the weekends at the moment, but let us know if anyone fancys a meet-up and we'll work round it. Moved here from West Yorkshire 4 months ago. I'm also feeling a little homesick now, esp. with this humidity. Living out West in Glen Eden but can travel into the city.
Elaine x