Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Drinkies in London?

Drinkies in London?

Old Jun 18th 2007, 7:44 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Drinkies in London?

OK who fancies knocking back a couple with me in the Big Smoke in July? I'm coming over with my daughter to say our goodbyes to family and friends. We land on the 7th (Sat) and fly back to the US on the 22nd (Sun). I can usually wangle one day a week to disappear and do my own thing, so should be able to have a clear day to meet with a bunch of you lot, if you're interested, that is.

Only caveat is it would have to be during the week.

Any takers?
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Nisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant future
Default Re: Drinkies in London?

Hi Maz,

A drink in London is always possible, I will be working here until Friday 13th Unlucky for some, and then we fly on the 19th so will be in packing frenzy.

I will definitely be in London on 9th and 10th and the 13th, I may also be there on the 12th but equally likely to be working from home that day.I'm in St Pauls area.

See if we can't get something sorted

Nisey
Old Jun 19th 2007, 2:46 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nisey
Hi Maz,

A drink in London is always possible, I will be working here until Friday 13th Unlucky for some, and then we fly on the 19th so will be in packing frenzy.

I will definitely be in London on 9th and 10th and the 13th, I may also be there on the 12th but equally likely to be working from home that day.I'm in St Pauls area.

See if we can't get something sorted

Nisey
Excellent! I actually have a date of sorts to spend some time sight-seeing and catching up with an old college friend on the 9th, if I can wangle it... I've not brought this up with my parents yet as they're in France for a few weeks. It's kind of early after we get there, only my 2nd day after getting over jetlag. They're back this weekend so I should be able to get an OK or a no from them then. They're usually pretty flexible though.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Nisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant future

Hi Maz,

I have a work thing that night, but it shouldn't be a late one, I should be able to slope off, unless you want to do lunchtime somewhere, cos I'm not due back in till 2pm
Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:02 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by Nisey
Hi Maz,

I have a work thing that night, but it shouldn't be a late one, I should be able to slope off, unless you want to do lunchtime somewhere, cos I'm not due back in till 2pm
Actually I'd prefer it during the day as I'm kind of expected back at my parents' house before my daughter's bedtime.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

OK, lunch it is!! I'll pm you my email
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
OK who fancies knocking back a couple with me in the Big Smoke in July? I'm coming over with my daughter to say our goodbyes to family and friends. We land on the 7th (Sat) and fly back to the US on the 22nd (Sun). I can usually wangle one day a week to disappear and do my own thing, so should be able to have a clear day to meet with a bunch of you lot, if you're interested, that is.

Only caveat is it would have to be during the week.

Any takers?
Can I come................sob sob if the answer is no.

From another bonafide essex gal

kato33
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:31 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by kato33
Can I come................sob sob if the answer is no.

From another bonafide essex gal

kato33
Of course you can, that would be brill! You free at lunch on Monday the 9th of July?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Of course you can, that would be brill! You free at lunch on Monday the 9th of July?
oooh yeah,

where shall we all meet???
Old Jun 20th 2007, 3:34 pm
Maz

oooh yeah,

where shall we all meet???
My personal preference: The Punch & Judy Pub in Covent Garden at 1 p.m. How does 1 pm sound? I know they're at least open then. Before now I've attempted to meet friends there at 11 am, and they're not open at that time. Let's just meet outside on the ground floor.

Last edited by Maz; Jun 20th 2007 at 3:37 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Maz
My personal preference: The Punch & Judy Pub in Covent Garden at 1 p.m. How does 1 pm sound? I know they're at least open then. Before now I've attempted to meet friends there at 11 am, and they're not open at that time. Let's just meet outside on the ground floor.
Woohooo,

Drinking during the day, my hubbie will kill me. LOL

How will we know who the others are???? Shall we wear a red carnation on our lapels

LMAO
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:26 pm
Maz

Woohooo,

Drinking during the day, my hubbie will kill me. LOL

How will we know who the others are???? Shall we wear a red carnation on our lapels

LMAO
Hee hee!

Wear a bowler hat, red carnation, carry a black umbrella and a copy of The Times under your right arm. Oh we'll know each other...

Last edited by Maz; Jun 20th 2007 at 8:58 pm. Reason: didn't make much sense...
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

dicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nice

I'll be there in spirit Geddit?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:45 pm
Maz

Originally Posted by dicknlyn
I'll be there in spirit Geddit?
Don't you mean "in spirits"?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:22 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Maz
The Punch & Judy Pub in Covent Garden at 1 p.m. How does 1 pm sound? I know they're at least open then. Let's just meet outside on the ground floor.
OOoo. Covent Garden. I'd love to raise a toast & chink a glass of NZ finest with you, but the rendevous is a bit on the soon side. Can you make it September instead ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.